Why are you single?

Options

Replies

• mmikayla37
    Options
    Because I'm tired of being lied to/ treated like crap/ cheated on/ etc. Just easier to do my own thing these days.
    me too.
  • Jessicarctica
    Jessicarctica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Men(or women if you're a dude reading this)

Men are like parking spots. The good ones are taken- the rest are handicap! :)

I'm not taken nor handicapped

:) it's a joke of course! and awesome. you are an exception ^_^
  • smileMOR
    Options
    Because I like being single! Ive had one to many douchbags as boyfriends and Im done settling. I know what I want and until I find it Ill enjoy being single!

agreed!
  • smileMOR
    Options
    Cause meeting attractive girls in this city is hard. Very hard. I'm too shy, unless I'm extremely intoxicated.
    you are in SF... Girls in SF are looking for Str8 / Bi men who can make them happy it shouldn't be that hard to find one as there is not that much Male competition! unless you were gay then that would be hard too many options and too much competition.

That is true. The straight male competition here is weak, especially compared to down south. I almost feel sorry for the girls here.

See now get out there and find someone worthy or at least some action! Maybe a shirt that says "I'm Str8" would help LOL they won't be able to resist it.

haha you better believe it!
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Damn lots of good responses.

I'm from a really small town so I'm pretty shy/awkward around girls. I don't put myself out there either. Wish I was more outgoing!

@WillyC - If you feel you are ready and would like to be in a relationship and you are shy..the best advice I got ... and this is from a guy friend that is kind of a douche player (nice, but even he admits to it)...is....

Just own your *kitten*! Good or bad - it's you and if someone can't deal with it then move on because there is someone out there that will accept you and like it.

Of course, applying that advice is totally different from hearing it, but if that helps...than Yay!!!!

That's really good advice.
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have social anxiety so I can't bring myself to meet new people. :c
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I get friend-zoned. ALL. THE. TIME.
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Honest answer without details: Because my confidence is weak and I don't really know what I deserve...
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Because between work, and the gym, I have very little time left over. So I have not met any single women locally. And long distance relationships don't work.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I am easily bored and no male has ever been able to keep my interest. *is a terrible, terrible person*
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I was cheated on and dumped for the other girl. It was a three year relationship and it ended 3-months ago (roughly). I have recovered surprisingly quickly, as I'm ready to get back out there and start slow with dating again. I have a few crushes, but so far no one I've met out has shown an interest other than sleeping with me.. or those who have asked me out on dates have asked me out before I was ready or I am not really interested in them.

Here's hoping!
  • peggywill
    Options
    I totally agree with you sister, but I've been saying that for 35 years. Hmmm.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Because I'm selective about who I spend my time with. Time is our most valuable commodity, don't waste it on someone that isn't worth you time. I spent too much time trying to make a doomed relationship work, so I have applied my life lessons and know what I want/don't want in a partner now.

Do I want to find love and be in a relationship? Sure! But she's going to have to be a pretty amazing woman to change my relationship status, because I have found happiness and love my life. She will have likely learned similar life lessons herself.
  • Elma1975
    Options
    Because my disability scares men off, I´m fat and those few men I have dated have destroyed it for me, I´m very scared of men.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i'll go with the no confidence thing

plus i almost never meet someone new that i'm interested in.

I guess thats a bit of a cop-out because i'll probably pass by someone on the street on a daily basis that i'm attracted to, but not normally do i actually meet someone new in a setting that i'm likely to see them again.

so i guess if i really had game then i'd be fine lol
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Because men are dorks and they are the one thing Duct Tape can NOT fix!!! No seriously have had enough of the crap and lies to last me a lifetime. Who knows maybe one day my prince will come LOL I do like being single I can do what I want and not have to explain every move!!!
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i live in a tiny town....im average looking......and i dont go out cause all my friends are married.....im stuck in an endless cycle of singleness
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    Because I'm a pathetic 32 with absolutely NO clue how to flirt or act around guys that I feel attracted to. Plus, I think I need to lower my standard because I'm attracted to attractive guys that usually aren't attracted to me. :(
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    i live in a tiny town....im average looking......and i dont go out cause all my friends are married.....im stuck in an endless cycle of singleness

uh, you're not average looking, unless you're just really photogenic.... I'm just saying.
  • WeatherGirl8
    WeatherGirl8 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Because the right will be waiting for me somewhere else down the line. Not in this little old town!