Why are you single?

Options

Replies

• rubixcyoob
    Options
    I'm not single just now, but before I got with my fiance I was single for 9 months (which since my first boyfriend, is the longest I've ever been single).

During that time I was trying to find myself. I had just split with my sons father after being cheated on, lied to and verbally abused. Before him I was with an abusive ex (the first), and between him and the previous ex, I kind of slagged around a bit.

This time, I decided I wasn't that person anymore and actually liked being single. I lost the majority of my weight, I got healthier, more confident and boosted my academics. I did see someone just before me and the fiance got together, but he was just another douche and I wasn't really interested.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm not single just now, but before I got with my fiance I was single for 9 months (which since my first boyfriend, is the longest I've ever been single).

During that time I was trying to find myself. I had just split with my sons father after being cheated on, lied to and verbally abused. Before him I was with an abusive ex (the first), and between him and the previous ex, I kind of slagged around a bit.

This time, I decided I wasn't that person anymore and actually liked being single. I lost the majority of my weight, I got healthier, more confident and boosted my academics. I did see someone just before me and the fiance got together, but he was just another douche and I wasn't really interested.
    lmao u 19 ... thats a hectic story , sounds like u been living for 45years atleast
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    Just got out of a pretty long relationship. I'm happy to be single now. Really not looking to date anyone any time soon unless it happens out of the blue.

:heart: life right now!
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    Fat. Ex left me because we were both fat but she lost here weight quicker and thought clubbing would be more fun than sticking around for me to lose mine. I can't fault the logic since it has been a real pain to lose it and I'm still not even done. In any event, being 290 and single is as tough a sell as being 235 and single. As much as women swear they're not shallow all you have to do is look at the types of men they're dating and it becomes pretty clear what they're really attracted to. Hint: it's not a sense of humor.
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Divorced after 16 years of marriage. Its really hard to meet people my age and Im actually pretty shy. :ohwell:
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Fat. Ex left me because we were both fat but she lost here weight quicker and thought clubbing would be more fun than sticking around for me to lose mine. I can't fault the logic since it has been a real pain to lose it and I'm still not even done. In any event, being 290 and single is as tough a sell as being 235 and single. As much as women swear they're not shallow all you have to do is look at the types of men they're dating and it becomes pretty clear what they're really attracted to. Hint: it's not a sense of humor.

Her loss....she will not be lucky enough to ever have anyone.like you again. As for women being shallow, I think just like men they have their mind set on what they want and won't "settle." Eventually you'll meet someone that wants you for you. ;) Congrats on the loss so far..keep it up. ;)
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I'm not looking for all the commitment and titles. I'm living life and very happy so that's all that matters. ;).
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    After taking him back, he's unsure if he wants me or not... :mad:
  • rossiv
    Options
    Because I would much rather spend my time and effort on myself rather than waste it on someone who I will inevitably hate the sight of 12 months down the track.

Who want's to share half of the bed/pillows/remote control anyway?
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Because my ex was an *kitten* and no one seems to want to be with a single mother. Plus I am shy around people I do not know.
  • Bon1022
    Options
    Self esteem issues, because I am over weight.
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    because I am not prepared to settle..I can wait as long as it takes
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    The idea of a relationship freaks me out. Here is to being single forever :ohwell:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Because I would much rather spend my time and effort on myself rather than waste it on someone who I will inevitably hate the sight of 12 months down the track.

Who want's to share half of the bed/pillows/remote control anyway?
    thats deep , hope this isnt how most women think ... certainly isnt how i think
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I want to be. I broke up with my ex about 6mo's ago. He's still in love with me and wants me back....heeeeellll no. He lies. He wastes his money on drugs. I don't want any part of that. A few guys have shown interest in dating me since then but I just haven't felt a connection worth pursuing. The entire POINT of dating is to find someone worth becoming exclusive with, and eventually getting married. That's literally the whole point. So if I can see tell tale signs that it will crash and burn at some point ("red flags") I try not to even waste my time. Being single and drama free tops being in a sub-par relationship any day.
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am moving from CT to GA in the next six months so no point in starting a relationship! :)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    technically I'm not single, I've finally found someone who is my sexual equal...lol. But I must say that I will never walk down the aisle again, even if he begs...which frankly I doubt he would. But, I was married for almost 6 years of pure torture. It took me 8 years of isolation before I even considered dating again. So no, I won't ever marry because I value who I am and I don't want anyone to have that kind of power over me again.
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    good question...I wish I knew the answer
  • luciousone
    luciousone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be. Why is being single viewed as bad? It certainly is by my friends husbands/partners etc. I'm not the rowdy one in a crowd, but I get the blame because "My wife/Girlfriend wouldn't do that when I'm around so it must be your influence." No, sorry guys, your wife/girlfriend would not do that with you around because it would upset your delicate ego and they don't want to hurt your feelings. They put up a front for you to feel safe and comfortable with, but are more honest when they are with me. Now have a good long look at your relationships and realise something is wrong if the honesty and trust is missing and leave me to be happy on my own, not settling for just one man permanently there. The only fixture in my life is my cat. I've been single around 17 years now and I've had a load of fun, some low moments, some great times, but I have friends to share them with. Just because I'm not part of a couple, doesn't make me desperate to hook up with someone. If it was going to happen it would happen, but if it doesn't I'm too busy to waste my time waiting for Mr Right. My old granny used to say I should never wait for a knight in shining armour to ride up on his charger to rescue me, because he'll end up wanting you to polish his armour and muck out the horse and look after things whilst he goes off to rescue someone else. Why the fixation with making people pair up. You can be alone and not be lonely, it's easy. And yes sometimes I go to restaurants alone and sometimes go on holiday alone. And FYI, yes I was married off, very young, as a teenager, but it didn't work out-far too young & both too stubborn to back down, so please end the stigma of choosing to be single, it's a very valid lifestyle choice, one I would heartily recommend.
    For all you people who are in couples, don't feel sorry for us singles, we feel sorry for you, and the compromises you have to make and the sharing you have to do, and the secret thoughts of "is this it?" and "Have I just settled for something I didn't want because it's expected of me?"
  • aliceg94
    aliceg94 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Because who needs a boyfriend when you can have cats.