Why are you single?

Options

Replies

• Kingmuscle900
    Options
    I'm picky and I am not financially independent. I want to learn how to cook and have my own place before I get a girlfriend. I use to always wonder what's wrong with me and why i never had a girlfriend.

But I realize that I should learn to be happy about myself first, before i take a step and let someone into my world. It wouldn't be fair for the girl if she was stuck with someone who asks mom for money all the time and doesn't really know how to cook that well. I have to finish school with good grades and learn to improve my character. So I'll be seeing more lonely weekends, but I'll gladly use that time to achieve my other goals in life.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I accept the love I think I deserve. So, there is a serious lack of love in my life.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and all.. but I totally don't get what you meant. Please explain

She's holding out for that super special person; therefor, she hasn't found that love yet.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    because all the guys i know are douche bags lol
  • ucrdancer
    ucrdancer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Because the guy I like lives 8 hours away :/
  • wonderfulboodad
    Options
    I guess women find me unattractive and gross I guess. Maybe it is my personality. One day perhaps I will find someone who likes me for who I am.
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    simply because no girls deserve to be with me.
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Pretty simple for me. No confidence around girls. I've always been the funny fat guy or "the friend."

OP you're cute, I'd date you :flowerforyou: , just my luck you're no where near me:cry:
  • ynotcycle
    ynotcycle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I accept the love I think I deserve. So, there is a serious lack of love in my life.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and all.. but I totally don't get what you meant. Please explain

She's holding out for that super special person; therefor, she hasn't found that love yet.

Well just don't wait to long, you will end up like me, 37 and not married. I've been absurdly picky most of my adult life.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    because I'm in the middle of a divorce from a controlling and narcissistic person.
    because i wonder whether it is even possible to have a good relationship.

because I have so much happening in my life that has turned me into a bit of a wreck
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Because I can squat more than most guys at the gym. Okay, no, not really.

And also because I have trust issues.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Because I date LOSERS! (my fault... really) so I just put a hold on it.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    simply because no girls deserve to be with me.

I read this and went ... Pfft ... But then I thought about it, and I feel the same. I am single because I am only going to be with someone is suited to me and I them. Why bother otherwise? I've spent a lot of time with people who don't suit me on most/all levels, and while I don't think I wasted my time at all, I do think they made me realise what I would and wouldn't put up with and who I did and did not want to be with.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    that's what i'm hoping therapy will explain to me....

no seriously.....it's the truth...

I'm single because i have a historical pattern of dating abusive men. And my daughter deserves much better than that...so I have to break the cycle...

until I learn what i'm doing wrong, i'm not dating...

it's that simple.
  • mann17
    mann17 Posts: 15
    Options
    Because i put up walls and make excuses to protect myself.
    (have to love myself before i can let someone love me)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Because I just haven't been able to find a good one yet.

Yeah, me either.
  • Thorssoneg
    Options
    Always been the funny fat guy stuck in the friend-zone too. And get too nervous trying to talk to women I don't know...because I am the funny fat guy, they won't take me serious.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Because my husband of 44 years died. Right now I have NO desire to be anything but single. Living by myself is total freedom to do as I wish.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Because relationships are so, so depressing.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I've been single since the day before I turned 25. (I'll be 28 on the 18th)

Until about this year, it was mainly by choice, I took a lot of time to stay single, not deal with drama, focus on self improvement, etc..

It took me until the end of September to really find anyone worth pursuing, but it happened. Unfortunately, despite making a huge level of connection, it apparently isn't the right time for her, so my search continues. In a way that was good because it showed me that yeah, I can attract someone who is a '9' in every aspect, but it was bad too because it has raised my bar that much further. v___________v

In general.. I don't really put myself out there as much as I perhaps should. I'm kind of anti-social in ways, and I'm pretty sure I have a solid fear of rejection.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I'm harder, better, faster, stronger alone.

(Lol. Also, lazy, slow, & weak when I want to be, with no daily judgment.)