How are you getting through the holiday tempations

Options
124»

Replies

• 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I dont know how I feel about companies ceasing the work day to talk about nothing and eat crap.

Its a form of team building and building a strong team. Everyone gets to know everyone and the team works more on a collaborative level. I think more offices should have time like that and encourage employees to mingle even in the work setting. We are a much more productive team because of it.

really? Cause it looks like youre complaining about the problems its causing.

Where do you get that I am complaining? I am merely asking for some thoughts on how to deal with the tempting treats that are in the back room, and starting a conversation for others to also think about the same things before the holidays hit.
  • ClamFlounder
    ClamFlounder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep a reminder like a photo or remind yourself of a piece of clothing you want to fit into to remind you of why you want to loose weight I the first place. You can also bring in a healthy alternative to hold you over. Personally there are so many sweets around my office lately that I'm already getting sick of all the treats and it's not even Christmas yet ????
  • ClamFlounder
    ClamFlounder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep a reminder like a photo or remind yourself of a piece of clothing you want to fit into to remind you of why you want to loose weight I the first place. You can also bring in a healthy alternative to hold you over. Personally there are so many sweets around my office lately that I'm already getting sick of all the treats and it's not even Christmas yet ????
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Make room to have some treats!
    Then track everything.
    Enjoy!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

How are you dealing with this time of year and all the food temptations?

One bite at a time!
  • ved8301
    ved8301 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The good thing about Christmas is that is comes EVERY YEAR. I can give up a year a splurging and save it for next year when I plan to be at my goal weight and will just plan on extra exercise throughout the season. Although I'm not planning on swearing off all treats this season, I am definitely planning on scaling back significantly. I may just have a treat or two Christmas Eve and Christmas day, not a treat every day at work or any other holiday functions. If there's one thing we all know about bad food, it's always available! If you're still on the journey to your goal weight, keep that in mind. When you reach goals or are at a place where not losing or gaining a pound or two isn't the end of the world, go for it! I just know myself and once I give in, it's hard to stop and the cycle repeats! This isn't the last time you'll see some of these foods so just take a raincheck! :)
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I often bring a healthy snack to share... that you love and is on your food plan. You'd be surprised how many other people will eat it when there is a healthy snack on the table.

Maybe solicit a few of your office mates to do the same thing?

Something I read a few years ago really clicked with me - Nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels! - this becomes my daily sometimes hourly mantra this time of year.

Love this
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I wake up, I eat to my hearts content, I smash things, I go to sleep.

^^Yes!!!

All the extra festive calories are making my muscles happy.