Who gets a Christmas bonus???

Options
lizziebeth1028
lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
How many of you get a Christmas bonus from their work? Do you have a nice company Christmas party? We used to get an awesome bonus but due to bad economy it's been drastically reduced these last few years and there's a rumor there may be none at all this year:sad: Sighhhhh.....I'm thankful to be employed though. So many families are hurting.

Wishing everyone the best of holidays:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Not me :(
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    not clark w griswold either
    christmasvacation.jpg
    also, we don't get any of that stuff either \m/
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I get enrolled in a Jelly of the Month club.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I get enrolled in a Jelly of the Month club.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.
    all year long??? \m/
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    My company is still rather small....they host a nice party every year for the employees.

If there is money in the budget, they slip us a $50 or two in a card.

That's about it....can't complain...they're great to work for, they have beyond amazing benefits and they're flexible.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I get a $100 bill
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I did last year. Here's to hoping I get one this year, too!
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    No guaranteed bonus but my boss has been good to me for the last couple years.

Xmas party is mehh.... generic cheap hall with pony beers but luckily last year the stocked up on Jack. Prior to the party, my boss takes me and two of my coworkers out for beers and we show up to the party 3 hrs late. It's been awesome.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    not clark w griswold either
    christmasvacation.jpg
    also, we don't get any of that stuff either \m/

^^^^LOL I love that movie! :laugh:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I get to keep my job.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Last year I got a box of Godiva chocolate... the year before, I got a Dunkin Donuts girft card... LMAO!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    We get 2 X-Mas parties, one is in a nice hall with a 5 course Italian meal. The other is just at the plant and they get one of the guys to make whole chickens on a wood and charcoal grill...EPIC! They also give us a $500 bonus on X-Mas eve.
  • Flamenquero
    Options
    Yes, we have a Christmas party. Ours was last Friday. I didn't go because I had no date and didn't want to go alone. Wife was out of town to fetch her mommy to come stay with us over the winter.

Christmas bonus. No, but we do get annual performance bonuses here. They are based on a combination of company and individual performance. Some folks here also get rentention bonuses. These are bonuses that are given so that you don't quit and join another company.

We have a gym here at work too. It's a very nice facility. We also have free healthy snacks on each floor, like fruit, Special K bars, etc. Our beverage machine is complimentary, so I don't have to pay for bottled water, diet sodas, etc. The company also reimburses us for any other gym memberships we may have. The benefits program here is great!

I too am happy to be employed. This company was a client of mine for a number of years as I was an independent consultant before (niche specialty). I got tired of my globe trotting so joined one of my clients. So far it looks like I chose wisely.

Life is good I have a lot to be thankful for :smile:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I get to keep my job, and more duties I won't be paid extra for.

That's a bonus!
  • mitchellkd
    mitchellkd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My full time job is a company of 40k people. that doesn't happen here. But my husband and I own our own company and will be giving a year end bonus to our 1 employee who took the risk to work for a start up company when he could have gone to work for a more established company.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Whats a bonus?
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Bonus?? What in the world is a bonus?? LOL
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    My sister and I were just having this conversation...last Christmas "bonus" I got was when I was an intern at Sonny's Barbecue in college and I got a 15 pound smoked ham...had to carry it with me on the plane when I went home to see my family...little did I know, that would be my one and only Christmas bonus! I should have savored it!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Supposed to get a bonus - I don't see that happening though being as I know how many dollars are wasted its hard to fathom getting a bonus.

As for Xmas party yes we have aone - I am not going as its my birthday weekend and I am busy/
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Here's to hoping! I had to get my gallbladder removed less than a week ago... so we really could use it! (sucks when things happen around holiday's!)

We got a nice one last year and a decent party! This year I know we are having a party.. but not so sure about the bonus... they are being stingy with money :( They forced my hubby to take off the day after Thanksgiving with no pay.... so "trying" not to get my hopes up to high, but *crosses fingers*

But either way I have family and that's what's most important! :)