Who gets a Christmas bonus???

Options

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    No bonus really, maybe a quick handy, if I'm lucky.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Bonus? Raise? COL increase? What are these terms???

Bonus? A CRAP bottle of wine.
    Raise? Haven't seen one in 5 years.
    COL? You have to be ****in' me!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :cheers:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Ahh the old bonus days pre-2008. Those were good times . . .
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    No bonus, and no Christmas party.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I work for the great state of Texas

Getting to live and work in Texas is a gift! (Houston, here).
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    I work for a small law firm. Our Christmas bonus was cut about two years ago and then they gave us our regular bonus last year and I am really hoping to get my regular bonus this year as well. I know we are not supposed to take it for granted that we will get one, but after so many years, you do.

They also give us a Christmas party and we don't work at all that day and right after the party they let us go home. So I am very lucky.
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just started this year in April. So we'll see. But so far no Xmas party scheduled as of yet. So I don't see that happening.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I don't get a bonus or a Christmas party. We only get a Christmas lunch.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I guess that I am one of the lufew and lucky...

Our company Christmas party is this Saturday at the Waikiki Hilton. First class party.

There is also a luncheon (steaks, shrimp, crab, sashimi) on Christmas Even.
  • tonyggd
    Options
    My bonus is that if I am really lucky I might get the day off but wont know until the day before.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    not clark w griswold either
    christmasvacation.jpg
    also, we don't get any of that stuff either \m/

I do not get one anymore ever since Corporate took over :(:explode: :grumble: :sad:
    BTW Chritmas vacation is on tonight !!!!!! Love Love that movie :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • babsb121
    babsb121 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    JobCentrePlus doesn't give bonuses...
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Nope, we get our bonuses in March.

We do get an office lunch to a place of our choice and a $50 giftcard though.
  • emily2tx
    Options
    I work for city government in Texas. We get an "Appreciation Breakfast" (politically correct) where everyone gets a certificate of appreciation for our year of service, and we get a longevity check before Thanksgiving (about $300 this year). Not too bad. When I worked for a mortgage company back in the good old days, I did get pretty good bonuses and we always had a nice dinner party to places I would never be able to afford.
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    We get our choice of a turkey or a ham and a catered in meal. It's something I guess. :)
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    My bonus is an extra day off and the fact when I wake up the day after I still have employment. I love my job though so no tears about no bonus.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    We have a holiday party each year and we get a bonus too-being part of the admin team it's not as much as the field techs but I'm happy for anything (before starting here 3 years ago, I worked retail so we never got a bonus or anything) as well as having a job:bigsmile:
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    funny this should just come up. my hubz just ran to work for a minute because he has been off for vacation. going back tomorrow. just dropped a nice fat check in front of my face!!! can i get a woot woot!!!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I work in government. My only bonus is I get to cover everyone else's workload for the same pay so half our staff can go on vacation.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    we do a Christmas party, which is the owner taking everyone and their spouses out to dinner. then he also gives a Christmas bonus to the other employees, i think its either $100 or $200 cash, i dont get that bonus but im his son so i get a Christmas present anyways lol