LADIES HELP!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Gender stereotypes! My favorite!

I agree with the plenty (although not as many as I expected in four pages) of replies that suggest you find something in your girl's alley. If shoes and perfume really are her thing, than go with something along those lines. Flowers are over-used because they are generic, and for a good reason. However, if you take the time to actually listen to someone, it's much easier to find a personable gift, without resolving to follow along stereotypes of jewelry, candy, and gift cards.

You! I like you.

Would she prefer an experience, or something she can unwrap?

If she's someone who would appreciate doing over having, find a class or trip that's within her range of interest, and go do that with her. Does she like to cook? Buy tickets to a professional cooking class together. Into the arts? Buy her a museum membership or tickets to an upcoming show. If she's a fan of the outdoors, go horseback riding together. If she likes to be pampered, treat her to a spa day.

If she's somebody who would prefer to unwrap a gift, listen when she talks about things she wants or needs. Pay attention to the things she buys for herself, and the things she likes to do, and give her a gift that supports her hobbies and interests.

For bonus points, do a little of both. If you want to give her an experience, include a small physical gift just so she has something to unwrap. If she'd prefer a large physical gift, pair it with a homemade dinner or a long massage.