Craving Chickfila

Options
124»

Replies

• ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    you probably crave the MSG in their sandwiches.

The ingredient list is frightening:

monosodium glutamate (twice!)
    • soybean oil
    • sodium aluminum phosphate
    • dimethylpolysiloxane (an anti-foaming chemical)
    • high fructose corn syrup
    • ammonium sulfate
    • soy lecithin
    • sodium benzoate
    • polysorbate 80
    • yellow 5
    • blue 1
    • potassium sorbate
    • TBHQ

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036653_Chick-fil-A_anti-boycott_ingredients.html#ixzz2E3133PjB

http://www.naturalnews.com/036653_Chick-fil-A_anti-boycott_ingredients.html
  • Punkin7411
    Punkin7411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree with those saying just go for it, not all the time of course and maybe leave off the fries? Actually what is probably worse than the calories in those sandwiches is the sodium. It is terrible. I love CFA original sandwiches and if you pay a little extra you can get a wheat bun and save some calories. Drink water and you really haven't done that badly. I've never been crazy about their waffle fries so it isn't too hard for me to leave them off. Maybe try a fruit cup or side salad instead? Enjoy!
  • ShawnNhGa1977
    ShawnNhGa1977 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i had chick fil la tonight for dinner i had me the chargrilled chicken sandwich (290 calories) and small waffles fries (300 calories)
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

• soybean oil
    • ammonium sulfate
    • soy lecithin
    • sodium benzoate
    • polysorbate 80
    • yellow 5
    • blue 1
    • potassium sorbate
    • TBHQ

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036653_Chick-fil-A_anti-boycott_ingredients.html#ixzz2E3133PjB

and a fantastic seasoning!!! haha.. but anyways chick fil a is actually one of the best fast food chains that uses stuff not as bad for you.. mcdonalds is HORRIBLE!! but crap we only live once!! its ok to try it every once in a while
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Just make sure you tongue kiss a girl in front of all their employees before you order.

YES
  • yannuzzi
    Options
    I'm thinking if you really want it that bad then EARN IT. Figure out how you can fit it within your calorie goals and BURN IT UP in the gym or whatever you do for exercise. Stay within your calorie goals and EARN IT!!! If you want it bad enough.....and you want to lose the extra pounds........you'll earn it!!
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    lol hold the ketchup, hold the diet, and I'll take honey mustard to dip my fries.
    I have been craving chickfila for over three days now. When I do there, there is only one thing that I get and thats a fried chicken sandwich and fries.

I know I don't need it. How do you get over a craving that you have had for more than three days?

I only order one thing there...

#1 Combo - original sandwich with waffle fries *add extra-extra pickles, ketchup and mayo* and mayo for the waffle fries. mmmmm heart attack from the drive through. *droolsssss*

hahah edit to note that I get the "large" size with a diet lemonade...
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself! Once in a while won't hurt!

I used to love getting the spicy chicken sandwich, with cheese and fries!

Now I get the Chargrilled sandwich, and a fruit cup (sometimes I skip the fruit if I want to save a .66 cents.) :P
    I always ask for two packets of Texas Pete sauce and pour it onto the bun.

I don't find myself craving fried much anymore, I eat it now and BLEH. If I really want a fry, I steal one from the person I'm eatting with.
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Last time I got a sandwich from there I actually cut it in half and gave the other half to my daughter and I just ate half the fries. I wanted it so bad and that was the only way to fit it into my calories for that day. :)
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Luck for you, you didn't post this on Misc... just saying :noway:
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    -Moderation not Deprivation-

Having said that in the past on the path of losing weight I would hold off stick it out but then I'd eventually give in to my cravings only to feel worse after-- hmm it wasn't that great why did I eat that??? Why did I have it I didn't need it ....
    The following day I'd try to be better then in no time Id' be craving something again I'd do the same thing and continue on....leading me to the same cycle which in turn led me to continuously give in resulting in losing focus and giving up - no will power or determination -- Not saying you will do the same but theres always the possibility
    I've now learned how to cope and manage with the cravings and temptations

Here are some of the things I do and it sure does work;

Have an alternative- make a healthy version of it
    Replace it with a healthier option
    Drink teas as much as you can throughout the day -- it suppresses your appetite and eliminates cravings among many other things
    Think of your weight loss goals -- do you really want to stagnate your progress!?!
    Have a healthier version (in your fridge) of your cravings prepared and ready - so you nip it in the bud satisfy your craving and the thoughts are out of your mind
    Worse case -- Take a bite savor and enjoy it then put down -- That's it - you have to gain will power

--DON'T GIVE UP WHAT YOU WANT MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT NOW!!!--
    -you've held off for three days why give in now-
  • hen1946
    hen1946 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Had a craving for Johnson original bratwurst today.... untill I looked up the calories (270). I thought I will save doing that for another day. Heated myself 2 cups of homemade chicken soup. Healthy I thought. Then I posted dutifully and guess what 800 !!! calories. Boy I wished I had had the bratwurst. Next craving I have Ill promise myself to satisfy it the next day and "budget" for it.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options

• soybean oil
    • ammonium sulfate
    • soy lecithin
    • sodium benzoate
    • polysorbate 80
    • yellow 5
    • blue 1
    • potassium sorbate
    • TBHQ

Oh ICK! I had no clue.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    -Moderation not Deprivation-

Having said that in the past on the path of losing weight I would hold off stick it out but then I'd eventually give in to my cravings only to feel worse after-- hmm it wasn't that great why did I eat that??? Why did I have it I didn't need it ....
    The following day I'd try to be better then in no time Id' be craving something again I'd do the same thing and continue on....leading me to the same cycle which in turn led me to continuously give in resulting in losing focus and giving up - no will power or determination -- Not saying you will do the same but theres always the possibility
    I've now learned how to cope and manage with the cravings and temptations

Here are some of the things I do and it sure does work;

Have an alternative- make a healthy version of it
    Replace it with a healthier option
    Drink teas as much as you can throughout the day -- it suppresses your appetite and eliminates cravings among many other things
    Think of your weight loss goals -- do you really want to stagnate your progress!?!
    Have a healthier version (in your fridge) of your cravings prepared and ready - so you nip it in the bud satisfy your craving and the thoughts are out of your mind
    Worse case -- Take a bite savor and enjoy it then put down -- That's it - you have to gain will power

--DON'T GIVE UP WHAT YOU WANT MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT NOW!!!--
    -you've held off for three days why give in now-

Everyone is different, and I've been told I have unusual self control, but can't you just determine that you aren't going to eat over your caloric goal and do it? Messing up slightly on a day isn't a big deal. Forget it. Start anew the next day. It really is about planning. If you are cutting to lose weight, it is a lifestyle change but reaching your weight goal has an end point. If you think it will take a year to reach your goal you have to set your mind to that fact. Every few months you might want to take a break. Eat at maintenance or slightly above it if you need to. You can eat some of most anything you want, just plan for it. If you are going out you need a plan. Look the place up on the web, preselect what you are going to order and adjust during the rest of the day to make it fit into your plan. You can't be embarrass about it. Be upfront with your friends and family. Tell them, I want to lose weight and I'm serious about it. I'm eating this way so I can lose weight. I don't eat that anymore. If they aren't supportive make new friends or just don't eat with them. Meet them later. Just have a plan and stick to it.