Is there a better way to eat pizza?

Options
Yesterday I had a 12" Domino's Pan Pizza w pep and jalapeño. After doing the nutrician math I was shocked at the total and how bad it actually was. I mean I knew it wasn't good but DAMN. Just one slice was a lot on the daily stats.

Anyone know if the are any short cuts when eating pizza? Or is it just that way and should accompanied with an hour of Insanity work out?

Btw, I'm still gonna eat it every now and then. Just sayin....

Replies

• EatingRight123
    Options
    dont buy thick crust pizzas.
    its cheap/value meals.

buy the more cheese/mushrooms/meat pizzas.
  • Swethington00
    Options
    Domino's medium - Ham & pineapple thin crust (1/2 of pizza toppings and 1/4 of crust)

Servings:1/2 pizza 1 pizza 1 container (1 pizza ea.)
    Calories 468
    Sodium 1485 mg
    Total Fat 23 g
    Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 10 g
    Total Carbs 42 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g
    Dietary Fiber 4 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g
    Sugars 35 g
    Trans 1 g
    Protein 22 g
    Cholesterol 71 mg
  • Hawnpunch22
    Options
    Nice! I like that idea. Next round ill try that. Tanks!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Make your own?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Homemade! Takes the convenience out, but so much easier to make it healthier and make sure you get just the right amount of the toppings you like :)
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Make your own?

Make your own! Trader Joe's has an easy roll out crust and put your own toppings on :) Countless veggie topping ideas, but if you want to make your pepperoni pizza healthier, try turkey pepperoni with low fat cheese and throw on your jalapenos instead :)

Stuck on Domino's? Guess try this: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/sparkdining-eatery.asp?id=36
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Make your own. Use Cauliflower crust pizza recipes those are the BOMB!!!
    Don't eat the crusts. Actually I do this at Pizza buffets to eat more pizza than crust.
    Order thin crusts with easy cheese and easy sauce. All the veggies you want and as few meat products as you can handle.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    If the pizza slice fits your macros, then go for it.
  • skinnyinjapan1
    Options
    I like making my pizzas on a tortilla, it's really tasty and it's a lot less calories than the pizza dough. It's quite thin so it also prevents you from putting too many toppings on it.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have something like that every now and then. And I think to myself 'bugger the calories and fat, I'm going to eat this and enjoy it'. Then the next day, I go back to counting and caring what I eat.
    You only live once, and I don't want to make myself miserable by stressing over a nice bit of pizza now and then. I also don't see the point in making my own, which will be fine but won't satisfy me and will leave me feeling cheated because it's not what I really wanted.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You ate a whle pizza and was shocked to learn that it wasn't a good choice?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pizza often. I plan for it when I do, though, and just fit it in. It's one of those things I'm going to splurge on when I have it.

But as far as a better way? Anything but Dominoes! Ew! lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    only eat it a few times a year...that is the truth ...

You can make your own and it will be better but still carb and calorie rich..

if you must get a pizza get a small thin crust....

Life is all about choices...you can drop the weight and drop dominos...or add dominos and add weight :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,704 Member
    Options
    I ask them to put half the cheese on mine.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    pick up, fold, chew - works best for me

seriously - try to find a simple thin-crust pizza that you like and works with your diet. I eat a lot of Margherita style and just keep it to 1 or 2 slices
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Eat it backwards!!

I eat pizza all the time, it fits my macros and i still fit into my pants. Weird..
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    Pizza bread instead of pizza!

Get a baguette, cut it in half long-ways. Put your toppings on (use low fat cheese!) and grill it. It's still not great, but is WAY better than Dominoes!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Fork and knife?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Well first, don't get a chain store pizza. If you don't have any good pizza places where you live, then make your own. My homemade pizza is delicious and just a little over 200 calories per slice with meats and veggies and plenty of cheese. Two slices fill me up for less than 500 calories.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You ate a whle pizza and was shocked to learn that it wasn't a good choice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFKifpMtlNs