Replies

• PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza one awesome bite at a time.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the better way is to make it at home.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i love dominos artisan pizzas. i believe its 150-160 a slice
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I actually make a pizza skillet- for me what I like about pizza has more to do with toppings and sauce, than the crust.

Tons of veggies, and chicken/sausage, lots of herbs and garlic, tossed in a pan when all of that gets good and hot and happy, add pizza sauce and top with cheese. I'm drooling just typing this!
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i make quick pizzas with nature's basket organic pizza sauce, any type of wheat bread or a wheat sandwich thin, giant eagle turkey pepperoni, and trader joes lite mozzarella cheese. it is soooo yummy and i can usually have it at under 450 calories for 4 slices.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Anyone know if the are any short cuts when eating pizza?
    Folding is key.

Also, forgo eating the crust, so that you can be sure to polish off the entire pie. Then, if you're still not full, eat the crusts. I like to dip them in dressing or melted garlic butter at that point to help them slide down my gullet.

Hong_Kong_pizza_pizzeria_HK.jpg
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I actually make a pizza skillet- for me what I like about pizza has more to do with toppings and sauce, than the crust.

Tons of veggies, and chicken/sausage, lots of herbs and garlic, tossed in a pan when all of that gets good and hot and happy, add pizza sauce and top with cheese. I'm drooling just typing this!

yum! sounds like i should try this!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I eat half of a large pizza about once a week. It's not "healthy/reduced" pizza either. I make homemade (white flour) crust, homemade sauce and top it with lots of mozzarella, mushrooms and pepperoni.

The calories come in right under 1,000 for the meal. My TDEE is right around 2400, so a big pizza dinner takes up a little less than half my day's calories.

It's worth it and I find a way to make it fit into my macros.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    You ate a whle pizza and was shocked to learn that it wasn't a good choice?

You're such a ****. I love it.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    The best way to eat pizza is on your cheat days. As long as you don't have them very often, you should be ok. Remember, you can have it your way, just don't go crazy!
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love pizza yum yum yum!

I live for pizza.

I usually make my own from scratch (I make the dough and everything) and make a thinner, less carby crust. I also load on tons of cheese, but it's the lowfat/non fat kind. And then put on various veggies.

Hmmm...now I'm craving pizza.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I do this http://fastpaleo.com/pizza-bowl/
    Or just eat regular pizza every so often.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Also, if you are going to cheat and gorge on pizza, make it worth it. Go to the out of the way mom and pop place. Pizza is usually tastier, and cheaper!
  • blondeski
    Options
    make your own :) you can buy dough at the supermarket (or make it like I do), and then you can control everything that goes on it without the added junk you get from restaurants.
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use the high low carb high protein and fiber wraps instead of a regular crust. It gets super crispy and doesn't use up like half a day's worth of calories. If I have more time, I make one using a cauliflower crust or I use portobello mushroom caps instead of crust.

I use this recipe for the cauliflower crust and use low fat cheese...

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/08/the-astonishing-cauliflower-pizza-crust-you-have-to-taste-it-to-believe-it.html
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I ask them to put half the cheese on mine.

Blasphemy!

Better than cauliflower crust....

That's too much work for me, and true.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Fork and knife?

NO! Pizza must be eaten with your hands. :smile:
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Thin crust, less cheese, load up on veggies. And if you feel like you have no control over eating the whole thing, get a small.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You ate a whle pizza and was shocked to learn that it wasn't a good choice?

bwahahaha this ^^^^ eat one or two slices duh!
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    try pizza on wheat crust, pizza on french bread, pizza on biscuits (flatten them and bake like a pizza), pizza on bagels, make your own crust from scratch!