What do you eat for lunch?

Options

Replies

• TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for lunch/brunch every day. Just put different seasonings on it, but 94% of the time its unseasoned, in its natural state. I love it, and it tastes amazing to me lol. I say find something and stick with it, consistency is key. Plus if you eat the same thing everyday you wont be worried about finding something to eat, and you can precook all your meals. If you want a lifestyle change then you can make it happen, right?
    But whaddya eat? :)
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    Options
    Awesome thread. Thanks everyone. *saves*
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I often have Greek yogurt with fruit; either blackberries or red grapes. Sometimes I add a little bit of honey. I also love the Greek yogurt with honey and toasted almonds.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i'm having baked rainbow trout (with lime, S & P, olive oil) with a salad for lunch.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    Options
    I started making bento boxes for lunch but my own version. Instead of rice, rolls, and the usual items in a bento, I use what I have: tuna, flower shaped pieces of cheese, bits of fruit, crackers, boiled chicken, hard boiled eggs, soups, teeny sandwiches. Pretty much a lot of bits of different things so that I don't get bored. Boredom equals dumping my good lunch and eating out with the other girls. Making the boxes the night before is fun and creative.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Salad with chicken or turkey, I always leave off the dressing. The dressing is usually the difference between a 500 calorie salad and a 300 calorie salad... soup is great as long as the sodium isn't through the roof.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Today I have tilapia (baked it with lemon juice, sliced garlic, salt & freshly cracked pepper), sauteed broccoli & tatsoi (with a little olive oil, garlic and a chopped up small onion, salt & pepper) and some roasted asparagus (olive oil, salt, pepper)

I also like to cook a big batch of pasta on a weekend (1 box of pasta topped with 1 jar sauce + 1 small bag of roasted veggies (I roast a ton of veggies, put them into small bags and freeze) + 1lb of ground turkey or beef). If you do this, rinse the pasta in water before mixing it together and the pasta will stick together less. I do this and portion it out into 8 servings.

Another good one is a salad with grilled chicken.

If I have nothing in the house, I eat saltines with a can of tuna and a little mayo.
  • sujenwujen
    sujenwujen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I eat Publix Sushi Summer Rolls (veggies, crab stick, cooked shrimp, no rice) when I can get to the grocery store. Since there's no raw fish, I can buy a couple on Sunday & keep them in my work fridge for a day or two. Otherwise, salad. Again, Publix has some nice prepared salads, so I don't have to do the chopping myself.

My back-up is either single-serving soup or canned tuna or chicken salad Bumble Bee makes a fat-free tuna salad with crackers that ain't half bad. I mean, it's not gourmet, but I keep a couple of those in my office for those days when I running late or just plain forget to bring my lunch.

Also, fresh fruit, but I keep small cans of fruit as a back-up. Del Monte has 50 calorie single-serving cans of peaches.
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It just depends... I steam some veggies and eat it in full bowl.. i always eat clean lunch... If i wanna eat heavy lunch, then i would cook grains like rice stirring it with some steamed veggies and i eat it. =) But for today's lunch, i ate one full bag of nuts... =)
  • kafullam
    Options
    Wow...this is a great question and the answers are really helpful!!! I'll be coming back to this post later to take some notes!!!

I usually have either greek yogurt and a granola bar; soup with a slice of bread; or a tomato sandwich. I always get stuck with lunch and now I have a ton of new ideas to try out!
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Lunch:
    * 1.5 cups baby spinach
    * .5 cup red pepper
    * .25 cup garbanzo beans (chick peas)
    * .5 cup cucumbers
    * 1/8 cup red onion
    * 1 hard-boiled egg
    * .5 - 1 cup broccoli
    * 3 tbsp Wegmans Yogurt Thousand Island Dressing (you can use way less, but I LOVE this stuff)

Eat it usually after lunch workout. Fills me up for a good 3+ hours. Super tasty. Meatless if you care about that stuff.

After the 3 hours, I will have a gelatin cup (Jell-O snack cup), double-chocolate pudding snack cup, and a vanilla yogurt (b/c I hate Greek and any other flavors)

Salad calories: 309 calories
    TOTAL Calories: 429 calories
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    saving!!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    soups always a good lunch
    or im a fan of poached eggs, had them with spinach and ratatouille today :D
    x
  • yyleekop
    Options
    an apple usually. i dont really like eating lunch
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I eat turkey sandwiches with pretzels a lot. Also I like to eat leftovers from the night before for lunch.
  • Lamon_
    Lamon_ Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm always on the go so it's tuna in pouches or protein shakes.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    A large pizza!
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup

Tuna salad sandwich with fruit or veggies

Meat and cheese with pretzels

Diced chicken mixed with brown rice and veggies
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I eat spinach tamales made with no lard from Texas Tamale Company (they have a website or are available in frozen section of many grocery stores). This combined with grapes or cutie oranges or apples. Almost every.single.day. I am a creature of habbit! My dinners vary but not my lunch.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Usually a meat+salad but today was sashimi and miso soup since I am travelling for work