People lying about fitness diary.

Options
1235»

Replies

• TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Are her pants on fire? No? Then she must not be lying. Unless she is wearing fire retardant material, then perhaps she is. Ask her what her pants are made of, and report back.
    ^^Awesome
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    I don't even read people's diaries unless they bring up a problem that they are having or ask for help. Then, if I notice something that is off, I will nicely and politely confront them about it on a personal basis, not for the whole world to see. It sounds like you have some stalker/security issues. Maybe you should ask yourself why this bothers you so much.
  • tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    Options
    And I was wondering why I stopped getting on MFP for close to 6 months...now I remember the sheer ingnorance and pettiness of people on it :grumble:
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Just use them for your daily giggle and move on with your day. I really dont care what people put in their diarys if they want to claim Superman status for burns and not eat enough to keep a 12 yr old child alive thats on them.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Their error shouldn't effect your progress. If they ask why they aren't making progress you might point out the issue.

Well put!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Just Break Up!

only acceptable answer for this problem or any other on the forum, for that matter....
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    :huh: anyone else here thinking that 4112cals isn't all that much of a burn for 23h50m of exercise...

4h17m of reasonably steady cycling this Sunday burned 2884 calories (according to my New Leaf calibrated Garmin 800 / Powertap powermeter combo - so should be "fairly" accurate) - I'm guessing that the person probably intended to book 143minutes and didn't spot the silly calories were 10x higher than expected...:laugh:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Instead of people telling you to delete her I hope she deletes you for b*tching about her in the forums, Maybe all your" friends" should, that way you'll have no distractions to your perfect, correct to the decimal logging :flowerforyou:
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Are her pants on fire? No? Then she must not be lying. Unless she is wearing fire retardant material, then perhaps she is. Ask her what her pants are made of, and report back.
    ^^Awesome

And the 1st prize goes to "Pants on fire" - love it! :flowerforyou:
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Throw her in the river. If she floats, it means she weighs the same thing as a duck and must be made of wood...therefore a witch. Burn her!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I've been adding friends, and there is one girl on my thing that has to be lying about her calories burned.

This was one of her things:
    burned 4112 calories doing 1430 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Walking, 3.5 mph, brisk pace"

1430 is almost 24 hours, and that just isn't possible, I'm sorry.
    Another one was for 550 minutes which is almost 9 hours, which could be possible but it's very unlikely.

Why would you lie about your amount of calories burned it just doesn't make sense to me.

you do realize that your news feed shows that you created this post. And IF she is a friend of yours, there's a good chance she will READ this. You put detailed data in here too, so she'll likely know it was her.

I have a feeling that you kinda shot yourself in the foot, as I would rather have someone who might be lying about their calories burned on my friends list, than someone who will call me out in a public forum about something that may be a misunderstanding.

If I were the girl, I would be embarrassed, hurt, and not at all happy.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Is it everyday? Or is it once in a while. Maybe she is an Ironman Triathlete... (12 hours average). Maybe she is an ultra-runner (100 miles at a time). Maybe an ultra-cyclist (Coast to coast in 7 days).

Yeah, not likely, but ask HER.... not us.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I've been adding friends, and there is one girl on my thing that has to be lying about her calories burned.

This was one of her things:
    burned 4112 calories doing 1430 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Walking, 3.5 mph, brisk pace"

1430 is almost 24 hours, and that just isn't possible, I'm sorry.
    Another one was for 550 minutes which is almost 9 hours, which could be possible but it's very unlikely.

Why would you lie about your amount of calories burned it just doesn't make sense to me.

I have in the past deleted a few friends who consistently logged utterly ridiculous calorie burns. It was annoying to see in my newsfeed and I'm not required to be friends with people who are lying to themselves. Maybe in this case though she just mislogged something? Made a simple entry error?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Locking thread as it's promotes drama.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
This discussion has been closed.