do you ladies like to hear....

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    There's no standard answer here....some women love to hear it and others not so much! I am one of those who does...:ohwell:

Oh...and it does depend WHO its coming from, of course...
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What I like best are compliments unique to me...my hubby is great at this--he will compliment me on things I say or do, as well as the way I look. It makes me feel like he "gets" me.

I agree with your post. My husband comes up with specifc things. He won't just say you look beatiful. He will say something like " The way your eyes brows and hair cradle your face reminds me of a black swan ready to land on a still lake "

I have to admit he is pretty good. :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    When my husband says

"You're beautiful"

I respond with

"No, you're beautiful!"

I could go either way. I don't need to hear it. I know he digs me.

yeah I like this

as long as I know he knows Im beautiful, after that I wont worry about it.

but if he only sees me looking like crap and tells me Im beautiful, then Im kind of like :-/ I dont believe you, big fat liar
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person.

The one guy I was seeing would text me every 5 minutes and be like Hey Sexy/Cutie/Whatever and it got annoying... quick.
    Had another guy ask me out this past weekend and he was all oh your really cute and beautiful...Um Ok, I don't even know you... so No, I'm not.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I personally like "beautiful". But the biggest factor isn't WHAT the guy says, it's the integrity of the guy. If a man's character leads me to believe that his words aren't necessarily sincere, I don't take what he says to heart quite so quickly.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If you're thinkin' it, and you honestly believe it, then say it. I like to know what's on your mind and what you're thinkin' about. Also compliments make me go :blushing: :tongue:

Of course this is in like a bf/gf or husband/wife scenario, not like... pickin' up chicks at the bar scenario. Then just chat about stuff.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Depends on who it's coming from. A coworker, friend, that guy I've been flirting with: absolutely. Drunk homeless guy, 12-year-old boy, my sister's husband, blind dude, skeezy politician: no thanks.

hahaha nice!
    On or right before my last day of student teaching one of the students (8th grade) started asking me a bunch of questions about facebook and what was my first name and email, what is my favorite number (none of which I would answer, by the way). Someone from the back says "You sure are interested in Miss ___________...Are you physically attracted to her?" "Yes I am!" :embarassed: In class the middle of class! I believe my response was "Everybody look at this parabola!"

:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: That's outstanding
  • Atalante
    Atalante Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Do you ladies like to hear that you are beautiful, hot, sexy, cute or what? Or are we men wasting our time because you don't believe it if we say it?

only creepy old men say those things

I'll tell my husband - who is wonderful with sincere compliments, and I appreciate them and him!
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    of course we like to hear compliments. I will take them from a stranger since my hubby isn't so good at complimenting. Its nice to hear even if we dont truly believe.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    This is individual not just to the woman but to the relationship.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Yes but what I really love is being called a goddess. :wink:
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't like any of those.

What I do like hearing is - funny, smart, interesting.

Beautiful, cute, etc. Uh...okay, whatev.
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    I can't speak for every lady out there, but I know I need to hear those things. I try hard to look my best for my hubby and I need feedback from him to know I'm doing a good job :). Sometimes i turn down his compliments because I'm just not feeling so hot that day, but just because I turn his compliment down doesn't mean it didn't do any good... it definitely did!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes! Say it! Even if you are lying! :D
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Do you ladies like to hear that you are beautiful, hot, sexy, cute or what? Or are we men wasting our time because you don't believe it if we say it?

Every morning my boyfriend sends me a text, "Good morning Gorgeous"... when we are together, even if we aren't getting along, he will say "Ok beautiful". He always calls me gorgeous and beautiful and has told me I look nice and sometimes I might get sexy - but that's a long shot! LOL. I love attention from him, he's mine.

Getting this from other people, it's ok, as long as it's not overdone. LIke "hey baby you're sexy as hell!" that's overboard. But "you look beautiful" is sweet :)
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    We may not belive it, but we like to hear it. Definately! Especially if it's unsolicited because it shows us you're at least trying!

Edited to say..."Cute" is one I always hated though. I never wanted to be "cute". I wanted to be sexy, hot, gorgeous, etc....

AGREED! I'd always reply "Cute? Really? I look like my dog?"
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    for me, i like specific compliments better.

the other day my bf was complimenting my "flat abs" and i nearly died of shock. i am so used to hearing "you're beautiful, you're cute, you're adorable" that a specific compliment left me speechless.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I like to hear it.

know what leaves a greater impression and makes our entire week better and we will never doubt if you mean it?

"I need your help."

or

"Im proud of you."

I agree!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I'm not one of those types. I always appreciate a sincere compliment, especially when it comes from my beloved.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Or are we men wasting our time because you don't believe it if we say it?

It depends.

Are you really,really, really, REALLY, ridiculously good looking?

tumblr_lp768fZLI71qaoyzuo1_250.gif

It makes a difference apparently.