It's not me, it's you.

Options
124»

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Lets be friends, as my new job is proving to be tougher then I thought.. OK.

A few emails later it was, I want to be friends because I can't give you romance right now... Ok, so when can you?

So flipping confusing.. and now I'm really glad I haven't heard from him in months.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    42 year old doctor breaks up with me via text message, stating, "I'm just not ready for an ultimatum about us. ..."

I had asked him what time & where we were meeting for a party we'd planned to go to that night. Didn't realize asking time and location was a relationship ultimatum...

Noted... Carrying along.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My first major crush, which I wasn't "dating", stopped talking to me because I was "a little girl not to be taken seriously" by someone like him. I was like 15. Two years later, we reconnected, started dating, and 4.5 years later I sent him back to his mom's house. :laugh:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    This was long before cellphones and even pagers..

Some dude is probably still saying "This chick in High school, she didn't even tell me! She just up and moved to the east coast! f*cking b!tch!"

Karma ran my butt over less than a year later. I met this guy who was older than me. I was newly on my own in a city I hated and didn't know anyone but my co-workers. We went on a few dates and with in a month he asked me to marry him, blingy ring and all. I really didn't know what to say. It was a "we'll see how things go once we move back to San Diego" kind of thing. We were living in Miami at the time. I sprained my ankle so I had to call off work for several days as I was a waitress. I had a lot saved up so I wasn't too worried, but I was saving to move so when my old boss called and asked if I could do some editing, i was all over that. So I packed a bag and told my roommate that if Tom calls, let him know I'm in the glades and I'll be back in a few days.

By the time I get a hold of the dude, not only has he broken up with me, but he reported my ring stolen and already engaged to someone else!!! Turns out my room mate told my boyfriend AND my boss that I moved back to cali. @sshole.

Totally dodged a bullet on that one and got back to San Diego faster than expected!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    "There are plenty of other girls who WILL put out!" Not the exact wording, but yea, I was 16 and got dumped for not putting out.

Me too but I was 13. He was my first love and has since slept his way through my high school friends. But, 30 years later, he is still one of my best friends.

He knocked a chick up and married her in their late teens. His baby momma got pissed when I gave him an old photo from when we were 14, so now he's not allowed to speak to me.
  • liveyenna
    liveyenna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    She looks just like you, but she swallows. See ya.

FTW!
    You spelled 'for the win' wrong, darling.
    Haha, I lol'd out loud!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    "You are so sweet, I don't want to corrupt you." LOL

Yep. almost verbatim but it was "innocent" not sweet...really he just figured it out I wasn't going to give him what he expected...then again he was 19 I was 16.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I married my high school sweet heart and was married 17 yrs when I asked for a D because she cheated and I really didn’t feel like she still loved me. Then I went on a relationship marathon over the next 5 years with 6 women all lasted about 9 months each when I broke up with them. I thought I told them the truth, I wasn’t in love with you and it wasn’t what I wanted. I look back know and everyone of them was a good person and I could have made it work and possibly had fallen in love. Do guys have a problem falling in love again? I think we do.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I moved away for school. The BF was supposed to drive up one weekend. And didnt show. Called me from a payphone in Chicago and told me he missed his exit (Indianapolis) and ended up hooking up with a girl he knew there instead.
    I said 'do you think I'm an idiot?'
    His line was 'no, youre very smart. Too smart for someone like me. Go marry a doctor or something'
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    "We don't stick like glue!"

Part of a break up rap/rhyme I was subjected to, over the phone. True story.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    "There are plenty of other girls who WILL put out!" Not the exact wording, but yea, I was 16 and got dumped for not putting out.

Me too but I was 13. He was my first love and has since slept his way through my high school friends. But, 30 years later, he is still one of my best friends.

:noway:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add, just following Tyler in here.

But this thread should be your specialty.

I have never been broken up with. When I've broken up with someone I've just stopped talking to them with no explanation. I haven't had to break up with someone since I was 18, I might do things differently now.

You know what I meant!

..I'm lost. Did I say something wrong?

Sigh...nevermind. My odd humor is lost, again. I'll go play in the corner with my human hair yarn balls now...by myself!

Just break up. :wink:
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    "I don't know why I was with you when I could have been with somebody who was pretty"
    .....yeah, that hurt.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    i'm not ready for commitment. love that, epically when they started the relationship
  • lollyish
    lollyish Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I got "I slept with >insert name here> last night" - turns to friends and laughs, turns back to me and expects me to cry.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    "I think we should have a break, it'll do us (or meaning me) good"