200+ (Week 17) "Fling Into Spring" Begins!

Options
It's time for final weigh-in for our "Valentine's Day Challenge!" Post your weights here, and any additional stats you want to add (weight lost this week, lost this challenge, inches lost, etc.)

It's also time to start our "Fling Into Spring" (name courtesy of pinbot!) challenge. Any newbies wanting to join, this is a great time. We've been doing 6-week challenges, so this one will end on Friday, March 26th. We weigh in every Friday (a new thread will be up Thursday night/Friday morning), and check in and vent as often as we can (check our previous threads to catch up if you like) So for this challenge, post your starting weight, and your goal weight for the challenge and any other statistics you want to include (measurements, weight lost so far, ultimate goal weight, etc).

We've got some gals teetering right on the 200 mark after 2 challenges, so this'll be the last one where everyone's still over 200. Let's all keep at it. We're superstars! Let the fun begin!!

Let me know if I forgot anything gals! I'm excited for our new challenge!

Replies

• cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    i love "fling in to spring". can't wait to log in tomorrow. i know i didn't make my goal, but still, I am excited and can see getting out of the 200's getting closer :)
    good luck gals!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge for Spring! :)
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    see yall in the morning!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Oh - what a great morning. I went ahead and changed my ticker too:love: My anniversary pizza is gone and I am down to 201 - WOW. It was almost 200.75 (the scale was teetering 1/2 way between so I went with the higher number:grumble: ).... So close and yet so far. New goal for the Spring challenge to be 191 :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I will post the Valentine's Challenge results once everyone has reported in. We have all come so far. GO TEAM GO.

Kiristina - hope your run went well. The first post looks great. Thanks :flowerforyou: I can't take all the credit for the challenge name - I stole it from another group:blushing: but it works and they didn't have it copyrighted.

Deb - I will ask the doc about the over the counter freeze stuff. Don't worry too much about the early morning clients. In a week or 2, I will get them reorganized to start later. I like my morning ex too much.

Good luck on the weigh-in to all my great superhero buddies (I want a smiliey with a cape to post here:wink: ). Welcome to all new challengers - if you post start weight, challenge goal weight and current weight, I will get you into the next chart.

I'll check in by iPhone from the doctor's office lobby this afternoon.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    hey ladies, no good news here; I am weighing in at 222 today, last nite & the nite b4, i pigged out.. i'm depressed, me and BD aren't together, but still sleeping in the same bed, so i feel alltypes of emotion, and I tried to talk myself out of eating, but the fat nikki got her way.. I am 7 lbs away from my goal this challenge; thats ok.
    My new goal isssss.. By 3-26 to have lost 10 lbs (212). seems reasonalbe! good luck ladies!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    234.8 :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies!!! (pinbot, girl! you are SO close to the 100s!)

Today's weigh-in: 206.2lb (-0.6 for the week, -7.2 for the Valentine's Challenge!)

I will SO take both numbers. It's sort of a miracle that I lost ANYTHING this week due to TOM/bloat issues, but I'm glad I did, as I feel like my starting number for the Fling Into Spring challenge is more accurate. Also of note, I lost 0.5 off my waist, 1.0 off my hips, 1.0 off my thighs, and 0.5 off my upper arms. Slow and steady!

Fling into Spring Goal: 196. (eeeee! :bigsmile: )

Good luck to everyone! I'm pumped for the new challenge!

As for a general update, running went well yesterday. I was pretty proud of myself. It has gotten easier. I ran the whole 25 minutes at 4.5 (5.0 for last 2 minutes), with just a quick 15-20ish second step to the sides to get a few gulps of water. Of course, I'm running for time, not for distance in the challenge, so I didn't hit the distance goal, but I wasn't TOO far off. Factoring out the 5 minute warm-up walk, I ran 1.88 miles, which is just unbelievable to me. The thought of running a half a mile boggled the mine not just 6 weeks ago, so YAY! Totally proud of myself, and thanks to all of you for the support and inspiration. I'm definitely sticking with it. I also did 30 min on the elliptical last night as well, as it was last chance work out. It was a long day.

I'm off late this afternoon for my mini-break to Cincy. No exercise probably, but I'll try and keep the eating somewhat under control. I'm sure I'll be over calories, but hopefully not horridly so. When I get there tonight, we're going out for drinks and watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. Should be nice! If I don't get back too late on Sunday, I'm going to try and head to the rec center and put in day 1 of week 7 of c25k. I'd like to stick to my Sun/Tues/Thur routine for that, with added other exercise in most of the other days. I'll still be able to log food through the iphone app (godsend!).
  • cds2327
    Options
    Way to go Pinot!!

I am weighing in at 207 today....down another two pounds!! i honestly have no idea how much i have lost total for the v-day challenge; can't wait to see.
    Glad to see we are doing well.
    My own personal mini goal for 2/22 is to be at 205, so i think i can do it.

here's to a great friday!
  • Nikki143
    Options
    :blushing: I am excited for the new challenge too!! I love the spring! when I weighed in this morning, I didn't minus my clothes, cause I ate a protein bar, then before I got in the shower I weighed in and it was 221.6( I ahemm:blushing: Then weighed)! thats cool, cause this week I was 220 before I pigged out. I'll take that. Happy valentines day :heart: I will be working all day 11a-11p, but it will keep my mind busy. I am going out today to buy my babies some little things for valentines day.. I:heart: i'm trying to keep busy and not eat, cause thats the type of sad i'm feeling...

sorry my laptop has me posting smileys twice..
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I'm almost ashamed to post my results today...you girls are all doing so well.....I am so happy for each and everyone of you!!!!!!!

I weighed in 212.2, that's up a pound from last week and I think only 4 pounds for the whole challenge.

I know I am doing all the right things, I am not sure why I am having so much trouble, this is only the second week with eating more of my exercise calories, maybe that's the gain they said I could have happen. AT least it's not the 10 pounds I had on Monday...I am really feeling defeated right now, I'm so blue and crying like a baby....I'm not usually like this....I'm sure it's the whole TOM thing, I hope to snap out of it.........:cry::embarassed:

Again, I am happy for all of you "BIG SUPER HERO LOSERS"...Great job, hope to join you soon!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Congrats to everyone. Yes even you Debra. You may have some medical issues that are not only affecting TOM but weight loss. You are doing great and inspire me. Thanks!!!!!

Kristina, you can use safari on the iPhone to log and check message boards. Nice job on your run. Take your shoes. Maybe it will be nice enough to do day outside before you leave Cinci. Have a nice trip.

I'll try to check in later.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I'm almost ashamed to post my results today...you girls are all doing so well.....I am so happy for each and everyone of you!!!!!!!

I weighed in 212.2, that's up a pound from last week and I think only 4 pounds for the whole challenge.

I know I am doing all the right things, I am not sure why I am having so much trouble, this is only the second week with eating more of my exercise calories, maybe that's the gain they said I could have happen. AT least it's not the 10 pounds I had on Monday...I am really feeling defeated right now, I'm so blue and crying like a baby....I'm not usually like this....I'm sure it's the whole TOM thing, I hope to snap out of it.........:cry::embarassed:

Again, I am happy for all of you "BIG SUPER HERO LOSERS"...Great job, hope to join you soon!!

I was so ashamed that I didn't lose 2 pounds last week that I didn't post my weight at all because I didn't want to ruin the whole "everyone lost 2 pounds" vibe. :embarassed:
  • cds2327
    Options

\NEVER EVER EVER BE ASHAMED TO POST YOUR RESULTS HERE!! Lady, your one of us, so we all love you no matter what.
    I agree with the others.....it is probably some of the medical things going on....in fact, i just know it is.
    so some of us got lucky this week. you'll be right back on there next week I am sure of it.
    We're in this together!
  • cds2327
    Options
    I don't know if we are supposed to post this yet or not... but with this group I don't think there is any right or wrong, being as your all such wonderful ladies......
    I'm sitting at 207 right now.
    My goal for the Spring fling is......197.
    the end of this challenge will be about a week before we move to Washington, so I am really motivated to get under 200.
    EESH!!!
  • Nikki143
    Options
    Deb & Blombie; Don't feel like that. Were here to support each other no matter if we lost, maintained or gained. There isn't anything to be ashamed about!! You's all give me so much motivation that I wouldn't have otherwise!!:flowerforyou:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Thanks Ladies., you are all my super heros!!!..
    I know I shouldn't feel so sorry for myself...it's just tough to take...I remember saying to my husband over a year ago, heck almost 2 now...I was going to devote 2 hours a day to my health... and take this weight off once and for all....I started slow with changing the food that I brought into the house and I have to say that everyone has had good results from that...my son lost around 20#'s just from my changes in the junk that I brought in. I began working out in December of 2007, and I am being totally honest when I say that it has been pretty regular, atleast 5-6 days a week...this year I haven't missed a day yet of working out...(although one of those days is usually a stretch workout)....and it seems like I fight for every pound...I know I'm old...but geesh! I do think my health is causing a problem...too, I just wish we could get to the bottom of that as well. The migraines are getting worse and I have just cried all day....

I'm not giving up, I do know that I have came this far and I am a lot stronger than I once was....I re-did my pushups today and I was able to do 45 of them in 1 minute...compared to not even being able to do 1 in January of 2008....so those are the things I need to focus on....thanks everyone for reminding me...and cds you also had me take a look at some of the other things, like my nails and hair...they are healthier and I usually get really dry skin in the winter and this winter I have not noticed it at all.... So Super pals...I command myself to snap out of it....:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Thanks for being patient with me....and Blombie, I'm sure you can find some positives too...come join me, we'll all get through this together!!!!! Hugs to each and everyone of you!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    You know what...I might change my ticker to reflect how much weight that I have lost in total...not just since joining MFP...maybe that will remind me...I have came some distance....I think I'll do that!

For the challenge Fling into Spring
    Start weight 212.2
    Goal weight 202.2....I'm going to do it this time!!!! (Or at least give it my very best shot!)

Lets do this!!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • mrsbojangles
    Options
    Oh wow I found you! I thought I lost you! I am sort of clueless on this whole new thread dealie.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Okay - here goes my try at posting our results. Let me know if there are errors. Nikki was our biggest loser with total percent lost. Third editing try and I finally have the whole chart visible. Whew (insert sweating smiley icon).

oh8j61.jpg
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    To all our new challenge super heroes, just give me your stats and I'll put you in the next chart for the Spring Into Fling Challenge. I am looking for original weight (highest weight), start weight (for this challenge 2-12-10) and goal weight (for this challenge 3-26-10)...