How did you get proposed to?

Options
I love hearing stories about how people got proposed too, and how people met their significant other.

Replies

31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    He put the ring in a quarter pounder box on top of the burger. How could I say no?
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i wish I had a story to tell.

guess im going to be forever alone. :sad:

im kidding. but seriously soo many weddings in 2013. I'm a little bit jealous.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    On a cruise ship.

He had the piano singer perform "wonderful tonight'
    He got down on one knee and blah blah the whole bit.
    It was beautiful. :)
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I proposed on valentines day at A&M's academic building overlooking the bonfire memorial and main...
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    At the fountain in Victory Park (the square at the AAC in Uptown Dallas). It was around Christmas, so the lights were up. It was beautiful.

My husband was so nervous, that after he asked me and I said yes (duh), he shut the ring box and put it back in his pocket without putting it on my finger. I said, "Uh, I think that goes on my finger now dear. Care to do the honors, or shall I?"

What makes it even more adorable, is the fact that I picked out the ring. He alread KNEW I would say yes (we were already pretty much engaged at that point, but we were broke as shiiiiiz at the time so it a while for him to be able to afford a ring), yet he was STILL a nervous wreck.

I'll never forget it. It was so cute, simple, and utterly perfect.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    In Carlsbad Caverns. I told him it was my favorite place and he never forgot. My ring is extremely unique, too. It's a taaffeite stone.
    carlsbad-caverns-new-mexico-usa_full.jpg
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Christmas day on the bench where I took almost an hour to ask him out on our first date.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My fiance's best friend called me up while me (and my now fiance) where at the mall. his friend (Jayda) told me my boyfiend (now fiance) is engaged and the girl is a the mall right now. i FLIPPED OUT crying yelling and asking him what the hell was going on! then he got down on one knee and said the girl at the mall is you. then my jaw dropped and i was crying n laughing and telling Jayda and my fiance if they ever do that again im kicking there *kitten* lol
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    After being with my husband for 2 weeks I woke up to a diamond ring on my pillow...the rest is history.
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    branson landing in missouri during the fire show on our 4 year annivesry and live band, he snuck on my phone and set an alarm to go off with a message and pic to pop up asking me, it was so perfect!!
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    We went out to eat on my birthday. They brought out a cake and he told me to close my eyes and make a wish. When I opened them he had dropped the ring over the candle. :love: That was 20 years ago.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    We had been together for 6 years, 2 of those we lived together...so we knew we would get married...eventually. We had looked at rings...knew what we wanted....but he really wanted to get me a specific ring, diamond etc. With years of family stressors and drama, it just never happened...

Then one weekend we had looked at some rings while waiting for a jewelry repair...and we found this gorgeous band...and he was floored with how unique it was.

We left the store...

A week later after a really crappy work day, we were in our bedroom and he told me he got me something I've always wanted and hope it would make me happy. It was a pair of those Happy Feet slippers, that look like big puffy sneakers...I put one on and went to put my foot in the other and my toes hit the box..

He got on one knee and said all sorts of loving things that I honestly don't recall cuz I was so surprised...but it was perfect for us. lol and we opened our door and our roommate was standing in the hall jumping and clapping his hands..."FINALLY! YIPPY!" :)
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My flatmates girlfriend had a friend that was seeing a guy that they didn't like as "he was too serious". They arranged for the two of us to go out on a casual date so that hopefully she would realise there was other guys out there and not settle down too soon (she was 19). It backfired as we clicked immediately and within a month, a week and a day we were engaged.

She asked me, well actually she said something like 'when we have kids"....

The friends that introduced us dis-owned us and refused to be her bridesmaid :( They broke up a few weeks later.... we were married for 13 years and are still best friends.
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    He was in the Army and was home on leave for a few weeks from Korea. It was our two year anniversary so we decided to go to an upscale hotel nearby to get away for the weekend. That night, we got dressed up all nice to have dinner at a fancy restaurant. Afterwards, he drove me to the beach. We walked out to the sand, then he turned to me, and he said, "Do you love me?" I said, "Of course." Then, there he went down on one knee and popped the question! It was simple and perfect.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I did the proposing. At a Famous Dave's. :smile:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    She started a thread on MFP asking how people got proposed to. Then she private messaged me "Will you marry me?"
  • GilderoyFab
    Options
    He called me on the way to work that morning to say that he had just won a competition on the radio to potentially win tickets to our college football team's opening game. We just had to compete against 4 other couples on a scavenger hunt throughout the city. I met him at the radio station and they gave us our first clue, which led us to a bakery for the next, and then to the zoo, etc. At the end, we ran across a fake "finish line" and we were searching high and low for the tickets. He got down on his knees and I thought he had found them when he pulled out the ring. :) He had set everything up with around 6 different businesses and the radio station to pretend they were participating in the scavenger hunt.
  • Text message. He was in England, I was in Russia, we were apart at Christmas, it was sodding cold and wet and we were both fed up and missing each other. We were sending huge love letters to each other by SMS and suddenly we were talking about marriage. It was unexpected and lovely! We had a wonderful reunion at New Year which is one of my most treasured memories :smile:
  • RagenGBrown
    Options
    We were at my parents house eating dinner. He always knew I wanted my family there. He tied the ring around my dogs collar with a bow and told me call our dog into the living room where I was. He then walked in after him and asked me. Of course I said yes! He knows how much I love our furry babies and knew that involving them was the way to go! The ring was a ring that I looked at like a year prior to getting it. He wrote the style # down and went back and they actually had it. The last one in the store! He did an amazing job!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    At the center point of the Golden Gate Bridge, on a beautiful summer evening, just as the sun was setting (and there were pelicans flying by). We were dancing down the bridge together, then stopped and I was in his arms and the moment was perfect. He asked me and I said yes, then we jumped and danced down the bridge some more. That was 12.5 years ago.