How did you get proposed to?

Options

Replies

• Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I love reading these! I'm such a hopeless romantic. Sigh. Maybe one day I can post my story...
  • lherz
    lherz Posts: 27
    Options
    My story isn't so much where but the timing. I had been on a trip with my family for 2 long weeks visiting my grandma and uncle across the country. Anyways, he proposed to me the night I got back. His mom told me later he missed me and had a hard time while I was gone. We have been married for 19 years now.

The other question How we met? We were a blind date, a fix up by mutual friends.

I agree, I like reading "how we met" stories too.
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I have been with my boyfriend since I was 15 years old. I am 24 now. (You do the math) lol We also have a 4 year old son and have been living together since I was 17 and he has yet to propose....:/
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    DH and I met at work. He bought my ring 2 weeks before christmas, had it wrapped in the jewelry store wrapping paper, and put it under the tree. The big jerk! LOL Once I opened it, it's an unconventional engagement ring (a diamond anniversary band), so he said "I want to get you something bigger, but I wanted you to know that I want to marry you". Well my "something bigger" was us signing on our house 5 days later!!

I still tease him that I never made him actually get down on 1 knee or even actually ASK me! :grumble:
  • Lamon_
    Lamon_ Posts: 16
    Options
    I love reading these! I'm such a hopeless romantic. Sigh. Maybe one day I can post my story...

You can start by posting a picture of your face, then maybe you will find love on mfp.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    He called me on the way to work that morning to say that he had just won a competition on the radio to potentially win tickets to our college football team's opening game. We just had to compete against 4 other couples on a scavenger hunt throughout the city. I met him at the radio station and they gave us our first clue, which led us to a bakery for the next, and then to the zoo, etc. At the end, we ran across a fake "finish line" and we were searching high and low for the tickets. He got down on his knees and I thought he had found them when he pulled out the ring. :) He had set everything up with around 6 different businesses and the radio station to pretend they were participating in the scavenger hunt.

AWWWW! This one is so cute!
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I did the proposing myself. I have known my hubby since I was 15, and we were good friends for 10 years before we started dating. 2 years later I decided I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, so I took him out to Red Lobster and asked if he felt the same way. He told me he'd always wanted to marry me. <3 we married 08/08/08, and had our first child 8/22/12. I've never been so happy.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    I was vehemently against getting married. Never wanted it to happen.

I met my boyfriend in high school. We were friends when I was a Freshman and he was a Junior. Sophomore year, we had a class together. He graduated and I thought we'd never see each other again. Junior year at work, he came through the drive-thru with a friend. We hit it off again as friends and then I spent the night and well...it was history. We dated for 2 years. At a certain point in the heat of a moment, I said "I think I want to marry you." We talked it out as giddy kids do, but it never became a thought of reality.

I got really sick after Senior year was over. We were living with each other at my dad's at this point. He hated seeing me in so much pain....so he sat me down, looked me straight in the eye and said, "We need to get married." For the health benefits.

November 5th 2009, we made it court house official.

We've been married for 3 years and we'll have been together for 5 years in December. Despite the weird beginnings of our marriage and all of the crazy stuff we've been through, we are very very happy.
  • Windy_
    Options

You can start by posting a picture of your face, then maybe you will find love on mfp.

Do you really think it can happen for me? Really, really?
  • Lamon_
    Lamon_ Posts: 16
    Options

Anything is possible.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    He was stark naked down on one knee...we hadn't looked at rings so he put a rubber band on my finger...we always had rubber bands everywhere because I was a timekeeper ( time cards, remember those?). And he is a computer programmer ...punch cards...remember those???
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Still waiting on the Proposal. We've been together for 3 1/2 years....We've talked about it, at least getting married and what the wedding would entail (I'm getting pressure from some of my family so it's been brought up a lot lately). Even with Christmas coming up I'm not anticipating a proposal. But I could be wrong. I told a couple people that I would smack him if he did something like propose on my birthday or a big holiday because it would be so cliche (apologies to those that did get proposed to on Christmas or birthday, I'm not exactly normal in that sense).

We met one night while I was working at a bar. I was still fairly new and one week he and a couple others came in. I was more focused on his one friend because he was being the obnoxious one (he was leaving that weekend to start his medical residency). I didn't actually meet my bf until the following week when he came in. It was raining outside so that kept most of the college kids at home so that meant only 5 people were in the bar with 2 bar tenders. So we talked for the next 4 hours until the bar closed and that's when he asked for my number. The rest, as they say, is history.
  • __F4t2f1t__
    Options

Anything is possible.

lmao
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I had just had our 2nd kid. I was sitting in the hospital bed and he says "well... I suppose we should get married now that we have 2 kids".

I wish I could say I was joking.
  • mystry11
    Options
    Hmm mines a bit different bit of a sad one my fiancée did a dumb thing:noway: decided to break up with me :brokenheart: I decided to let him go and find out for himself what a dumbass he is took him 3 days of sleeping In his car to come back with flowers and propose yep that's right da mrs knows best and da mr knows that too:bigsmile:
  • Windy_
    Options

Anything is possible.

I thought my legs and personality were enough.
  • adnil17
    adnil17 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    with my ex who is alying cheating scum bag lol It was very romantic he asked me during a drunken fumble and i laughed. next day he refused to talk to me. I thought he was joking
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    uummm, all I can say there was a shotgun, some beer and a Nascar race on tv when it happened, lol.
  • Psychedelicately
    Psychedelicately Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It was 3:00 a.m. and we were watching Ghostbusters II...
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    My fiance's best friend called me up while me (and my now fiance) where at the mall. his friend (Jayda) told me my boyfiend (now fiance) is engaged and the girl is a the mall right now. i FLIPPED OUT crying yelling and asking him what the hell was going on! then he got down on one knee and said the girl at the mall is you. then my jaw dropped and i was crying n laughing and telling Jayda and my fiance if they ever do that again im kicking there *kitten* lol

LOL - that is awesome and so mean at the same time! But super memorable!