Pizza is NOT junk food

Options

Replies

• mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Burgers, hotdogs, Chinese dishes etc can all be healthy too.

Sandwiches, salads, yoghurts, smoothies etc can also be horribly unhealthy.

It's all about what you put in it and how you cook it.

AMEN! I do not have cheat meals because I prepare my own food including salads (which from restaurants can be extremely unhealthy) to Chinese and pizza. When preparing pizza I use a portabella mushroom as my crust and fresh ingredients. Its is really really good!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Pizza is the second worst junk food, next to Ice Cream! There are varying levels of healthiness a pizza can have, but even the best of the best in the pizza category is still not healthy food. The best you can do is minimize the damage.

Mmmmm...Pizza AND Ice Cream
    No one said they weren't tasty.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    pizza ice cream ... now there's an idea for that ben and jerry to work on ...
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Burgers, hotdogs, Chinese dishes etc can all be healthy too.

Sandwiches, salads, yoghurts, smoothies etc can also be horribly unhealthy.

It's all about what you put in it and how you cook it.

Agreed! Pizza can be extremely healthy as well, substitute regular crust for one made of cauliflower! I live a very busy life (work full time, own a company on the side, and work out 5+ times a week) and I manage to make all my meals, it helps SO much!
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like to use whole wheat tortillas or sandwich thins to make single-sized pizzas without having to make dough. I also am watching sodium, so I make my own pizza sauce using low sodium canned tomato products. Laughing cow cheese wedges are a great way to make a white pizza and dollops of fat free ricotta cheese rather than shredded cheese make it feel like an artisan pizza.
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    Siciliano pizza + stone oven + tuna + garlic + sardine + a glass of red wine and james blunt's record at 21:00
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Pizza is the second worst junk food, next to Ice Cream! There are varying levels of healthiness a pizza can have, but even the best of the best in the pizza category is still not healthy food. The best you can do is minimize the damage.

nonsense except for "There are varying levels of healthiness a pizza can have"

real ice cream is wonderful and so is pizza in many variations

there are crap "ice creams" and there are crap pizzas, but lumping them all together as junk food is just nonsense
  • crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Totally agree...... I love Pizza Hut Pan pizza.... and will always eat it. LOL just not everyday!
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread is making my mouth water...is that normal?
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut are now doing a selection of skinny pizzas, 460 calories for the whole thing.
    I had a chicken and mushroom one, it tasted great and I couldn't even eat it all!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I say pizza is horrible because I can EASILY consume my whole daily allowance in one sitting with a few slices....Anyone who can have just one is lying! lol

I have eaten just one slice for lunch, but the large single-serving slice that runs about 400 calories. That's enough for lunch.
  • madlibscholar
    madlibscholar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I will never give up pizza, especially since we were gifted with a breadmaker...I make the dough in that, make my own sauce, and go easy on the cheese. Two slices of home made pizza is definitely more than enough, especially if served with salad...it's definitely on our menu once a week!! Of course it's more calorific than grilled chicken and salad, but I definitely wouldn't class it as unhealthy.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza and ice cream very regularly.
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I order mine without cheese or sauce, and with spinach and roasted peppers. It sounds disgusting but is really delicious and gives me the comfort food feeling of a loaded pepperoni and cheese pizza. 2 slices of a medium pizza like this is around 450 calories, which is a nice sized lunch for me.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I order mine without cheese or sauce, and with spinach and roasted peppers. It sounds disgusting but is really delicious and gives me the comfort food feeling of a loaded pepperoni and cheese pizza. 2 slices of a medium pizza like this is around 450 calories, which is a nice sized lunch for me.

glad that works for you but no cheese no sauce would mean not a pizza for me
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    You're in self-denial.

LOL
    haha
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options

I like the sauce. I could do without the cheese.

I'd have to have one of those though (either cheese or sauce) or it wouldn't really taste like pizza... just a crust with peppers on top, lol.
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options

I like the sauce. I could do without the cheese.

I'd have to have one of those though (either cheese or sauce) or it wouldn't really taste like pizza... just a crust with peppers on top, lol.

I don't necessarily think the sauce is bad (or the cheese in moderation), I just found without cheese, it tastes soggy. And with cheese, my animal instincts kick in ;-)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza and ice cream very regularly.

but look what it's done to you!!!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

There is no bad food

Oh that is the biggest load of crap I have heard in my entire life!

Name one food that's so 'bad' for you. Unless rat poison is your favorite topping, pizza isn't going to kill you.