What's chocolate and healthy? Or low-calorie?

Options

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa - tastes like normal hot chocolate but 25 cals
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    1) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding
    2) oatmeal with a dark chocolate kiss melted in is really good
    3) chocolate rice cakes
    4) sugar free fudgesicles
    5) Arctic Zero
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I mix nuts with some semi sweet chocolate chips---so good! I know the nuts are high calorie but they have good fats and protein. So you just have to measure it out.

ETA: and check out his blog: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Cocoa is naturally high fat so anything with a decent percentage is likely to be high calorie, if the product is low calorie chances are it contains little cocoa or a lot of air/ water! Cocoa is healthy tho - chock full of fibre, minerals and antioxidants. Low fat soft cheese with fat reduced cocoa powder, natural sweetener and dried cherries is like cheesecake without the biscuit/ cookie base (sadly).

If you don't like dark chocolate then arguably it isn't the chocolate you like, it's the sugar and fat because milk chocolate contaisn very little cocoa. Are you getting enough calories/ protein/ fibre/ fat/ sleep? What is triggering cravings?

Cocoa is not high fat bars have added fat.
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hunt's Sugar-free Chocolate Snack Packs, makes me feel like a kid. 70 calories.

EDIT TO ADD: Also Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate made with hot water, 25 calories in a packet. I drink these for dessert. Sometimes I add a 1/4 cup mini marshmellows for an additional 45 calories.
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate drinks - the great thing is you can get low cal ones like mint options that are around 40 calories but you can take your time enjoying it and taking in the smells and flavour - 40cals of actual chocolate would be gone in one or two bites! You can also make your own with reduced fat cocoa powder from tesco and skimmed milk and sweetener to taste :)
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Basically, I'm addicted to chocolate.
    Addicted!
    So, what's something that is chocolate and tastes delicious but it healthy or just low-calorie?

All I can think of is expensive things.
    Like, chocolate protein shakes. I mean, I will buy a jar of it soon but in the meantime, what's an alternative ?

OMG I highly recommend Vitatops the Deep Chocolate kind www.vitalicious.com They are only 100 calories with 9 grams of fiber and as nutritious or more than an apple. It is like a hot muffin top with melted chocolate chips in it awesome when heated up for 30 seconds! nom nom nom
  • eviltwinkie
    Options
    Try looking up some recipes that are 'date and chocolate' or date and chocolate truffles. I haven't made them before, but I've eaten them and they were surprisingly yummy. Totally hit the chocolate truffle spot. And I was shocked that I even liked them, because I'm not a date fan in general.

I don't think I'd like a large one - small 'truffle bites' seem to get the right sweet consistency, without the fruit overpowering the chocolate.

Could be a fun experiment anyway. :)

Also, chocolate mint coconut milk, holiday time only, in the fridge section. 1/2c serving is 50 cal I think, which makes a cute little RICH cocoa cup. More expensive than packaged cocoa, but very satisfying.

I also LOVE with evening espresso mini macaroons. Yep, even the canned ones. :P The franz bakery holiday packaged ones with chocolate on them are 100 cal for 2 small but very dense macaroons. Totally worth it. That's a cheap box of cookies too -- think it was 2.99, and I'm just keeping them in a lock tight as I dole them out.
  • thinsnice
    thinsnice Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat Popsicle Brand Fudgesicles no sugar added for 40 cal per pop. I do this instead of eating chocolate and it's great! I can even have 2 or 3 if I have calories left.
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sugar free or fat free chocolate pudding Snack Packs! They're chocolatey and delicious and just enough to fulfill my chocolate cravings!
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    These are my favorites .....

Hershey's simple pleasures - 30 calories each, but kind of small.

Ghirardelli Dark chocolate and Raspberry - 200 for 3 squares (decent size).
  • anna32aries
    anna32aries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was craving choclate so bad last night so I had a Skinny Cow Fudgesicle.

My fave is melted dark chocolate and natural peanut butter in the microwave and then add fat free cool whip to it, mix it up and YUM!
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is the way to go... don't say you don't like it because you can aquire a taste for anything... don't jump from milk to intense dark.. do it slowly with more and more percentage cocoa

I got started with chocolate bars with espresso beans in them or almonds
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    lindt85pctdark.jpg

Break it into smaller pieces for lower calories

/thread
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    OMG..no one has mentioned FIBRE 1 BROWNIES????? They are to DIE for....and only 100 calories! My sweet little piece of daily heaven! :love:
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i make my own peanutbutter cups with melted dark chocolate , muffin liners, and pb2 . put them in the freezor and youre done
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Try Unreal Unjunked bars. http://getunreal.com/
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Basically, I'm addicted to chocolate.
    Addicted!
    So, what's something that is chocolate and tastes delicious but it healthy or just low-calorie?

All I can think of is expensive things.
    Like, chocolate protein shakes. I mean, I will buy a jar of it soon but in the meantime, what's an alternative ?

Chocolate flavoried rice cakes Low cal and delicious!!!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Mini Reeces peanut butter cups, 44 cals each, mmmmmm
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    If you have an Aldi near by look into their "Fit and Active Chocolately Pretzel Vitality" snack bars. 90 calories and REALLY good. They are small, but really help the craving for chocolate!