Do you feel skinny even with the extra skin?

Options
12346»

Replies

• tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am just happy i took things as slow as i did an lifted heavy the entire time with cardio so i dont have any loose skin. It will bounce back though over time

I started lifting about 40lbs lost...Not a lot of core work though...I did Chalean Extreme and have been lifting on and off ever since.
  • FightinFelicia
    Options
    I totally understand...Just continue doing what you are doing....Hey you are 80lbs lighter, the worst part is over, right.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Crap, now that I think of it, yes I would...
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    God, I wish I had a better answer. I only feel like "me" when I have a shaper on. My doc already told me easily I have 10lbs of skin even with my heavy lifting routine. I look at myself in the mirror and cry (literally). Not only did I hurt my organs and body from the weight, but until I can afford it I will have this disgusting reminder everyday that I REALLY f*cked up. I feel like it is laughing at me. Taunting me. "you'll never get the body you want" it tells me. I beat it with ab workouts and heavy lifting. It still laughs at me. "I am not going anywhere" as I strap it down with a shaper.

I hope this changes but for now all I see is a 300lb person I used to be and not the person I am today. I try positive affirmations but it is so hard with this skin.

SBB: You have completely hit it on the head. I still have a ways to go, but already the loose skin is taunting me. It makes me cry because I've come so far, and look in the mirror and still see nothing but the fat girl. You read my blog post so you already know the struggles I have...and I know you get it. It's awful that so many of us feel this way, though. Stupid society image stigma. ($&*#
  • AcampoGirl
    AcampoGirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow, it really does suck that we feel this way. I also have the double roll stomach. I'm about to finish level 2 of the 30 day shred and hoping that it won't look so bad. On Thanksgiving I took a picture and all I could see is my stomach sticking out. I hope for all of us it will get better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!