Dog food diet?

Options
firstsip
firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
Has anyone had any success losing weight and eating their dog's food? The macros are broken down pretty good.

Replies

• Sorry, can't say I've tried that. But you should do it, let me know how it goes!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had any success losing weight and eating their dog's food? The macros are broken down pretty good.
    I've eaten milk bones...crunchy and good for my teeth and coat they say but it was only for a day because I was scratching my self in strange ways so I quit.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    My dog has been successful on this diet
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    When I first met Bynsky she was talking about the dog food diet... Hmmm...
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've heard about it....i think it depends on the person too....but for me...i think i'll stick to the usual food. I'd rather not eat dog food :frown:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    It works well as an appetite suppressant.
  • kaceelawlor
    kaceelawlor Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes, actually. I believe the way it works is to keep dry kibble in your pockets and eat a bit whenever you get hungry? Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital doing this.

...Then again, I was too busy sitting on the side of the road licking my own *kitten* to notice the car coming.

Come on, really? I'm sorry to be so judgmental, but there's PLENTY of healthy food out there that you can lose weight while eating. DOG food is meant for DOGS, not people.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Can't tell if serious or joking...
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Is this for real?
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Yes, actually. I believe the way it works is to keep dry kibble in your pockets and eat a bit whenever you get hungry? Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital doing this.

...Then again, I was too busy sitting on the side of the road licking my own *kitten* to notice the car coming.

Come on, really? I'm sorry to be so judgmental, but there's PLENTY of healthy food out there that you can lose weight while eating. DOG food is meant for DOGS, not people.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My dogs food is far too expensive for that! But, he IS in pretty good shape.......would I also have to eat the rabbit poop out of the yard (like he does) for this diet to work for me?
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Have not tried food, just dog medicine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXeV5cqb_3Y
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    DON'T use dog toothpaste. It may say chicken flavor on it but it's a fcking lie. It tastes nothing like chicken. It tastes like.... nasty.
  • IslandRider
    Options

OMG!!!I just snorted out loud at work!! ROTLMAO!! FR sent.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Cat food is much higher in protein and lower in carbs. It's definitely the way to go here.

Either way, make sure you get the gluten free. variety.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

I think eating dog food would be worse than mcdonalds. Have you read the crap in dog food? "chicken BY PRODUCT" "corn" NO WAY. I have 4 dogs and while i dont have tons of money in the world, i do feed them the best food i can afford with by product and corn in it....yuck!
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I tried it. Best thing I ever did!

/s
  • Stella2070
    Stella2070 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I hate adding smilies but :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can only attest for the cat food diet.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I have often wondered why there isn't something like bachelor chow for real. There is this, I suppose: http://www.angryman.ca/monkey.html

Fun fact: If a human eats dog food, the bone meal in it will kill him - fraternity initiations have gone horribly wrong over this.