Dog food diet?

Options

Replies

• questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    wouldn't you rather eat some nice people food? it tastes better!

Yum, people food!

Wait, um, you mean food FOR people? Oh, never mind . . .

:love:
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't feed dog food to my dog. do you know where the meat comes from? from dead animals...not just farming animals...but all dead animals they can put their hands on...including zoo animals and laboratories and kennels. sometimes even package material that comes from left over meat meant for human consumption is minced with the meat...coz they can't be bothered to take it off.
  • little_silver_bell
    Options
    Yes, actually. I believe the way it works is to keep dry kibble in your pockets and eat a bit whenever you get hungry? Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital doing this.

...Then again, I was too busy sitting on the side of the road licking my own *kitten* to notice the car coming.

Come on, really? I'm sorry to be so judgmental, but there's PLENTY of healthy food out there that you can lose weight while eating. DOG food is meant for DOGS, not people.

i love you lol
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had any success losing weight and eating their dog's food? The macros are broken down pretty good.
    tumblr_lkmqr3tKnH1qib9dlo1_500.jpg
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl in college who, at a party, grabbed some dry dog food out of a bag and pretended to eat some of it, and handed the bag to the person she was talking to and more or less ordered them to eat some just to see if they would. By the time I came back she had three people in there miserably trying to choke down dog kibble. Quite the social scientist, that one. I think she was chewing baby carrots or something to make them think she was eating it too.

Mind you I did not refer to this person as a "friend". (and no, I wasn't one of the people eating dog food)
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Not going to lie, I've eaten dog biscuits (blue dog bakery brand), because I was curious. The ingredients were actually better than most boxed "people" cookies. They tasted like crunchy, thick, savory graham crackers.

I have no shame in admitting that they were so delicious that I ate one a day whenI was taking care of my neighbor's dog.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't feed dog food to my dog. do you know where the meat comes from? from dead animals...not just farming animals...but all dead animals they can put their hands on...including zoo animals and laboratories and kennels. sometimes even package material that comes from left over meat meant for human consumption is minced with the meat...coz they can't be bothered to take it off.

My dog says, "Mmmmmm......good." She does prefer the garbage can over her dog food, but we keep the cover closed. Seriously? Do you even own a dog? My dog not only eats crap, she rolls in it with relish. She will eat half a paper plate trying to get the last bit of grease. If she gets a little elephant and zebra mixed in, more power to her. Consider it her ethnic dining.

BTW, I feed her Nutrish, by Rachael Ray. She thinks it's almost as good garbage.:drinker:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

So should I try eating only live animals?
  • acogg
    Options
    I :heart: this thread. I can't tell which I find funnier, the :explode: people or the:glasses:
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    There are these dog treats that are dried apple wrapped in chicken jerky that are better than most people snacks and cheaper. There are like 3 ingredients on the label. I've eaten those before. But don't try liver biscotti. It looks like biscotti, but it tastes like liver.
  • acogg
    Options
    My husband likes to tell the story of a roommate who ate the other two roommates food. One day he and the other roommate decided to get even. They fixed a meatloaf with canned dog food. Dang if the moocher didn't scarf it all down and never complained. They never told him, they just moved out.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I did this before I went into the hospital.......I'm ok now, had nothing to do with the diet.

I was just sitting in the street licking my balls when I got hit by a car....but the diet is good.....lmfao!:laugh: :laugh:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    There are these dog treats that are dried apple wrapped in chicken jerky that are better than most people snacks and cheaper. There are like 3 ingredients on the label. I've eaten those before. But don't try liver biscotti. It looks like biscotti, but it tastes like liver.

I wonder how those would taste dipped in gravy.....
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    a thought i had- some people feed their dogs RAW, i wouldnt recommend that for humans but its healthier than dry food.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have often wondered why there isn't something like bachelor chow for real. There is this, I suppose: http://www.angryman.ca/monkey.html

Fun fact: If a human eats dog food, the bone meal in it will kill him - fraternity initiations have gone horribly wrong over this.

In the UK dog food is fit for human consumption afaik. when my dad was a young man and sharing a house, there was some row over the food with his house mates and one of them ended up cooking either dog food or cat food for another in a special meal, the guy liked it so much he asked him to make it again. He ended up eating it fairly regularly, don't know when/if the other house mates ever told him.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I would try it, but then I'd have to also eat the crap my younger dog eats...... literally. She eats the crap of the older one.....as it's still coming out. Nothing beats freshness...... must be something more in it when it comes through one dog into the other?

Try it let me know how you go.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Despite owning a dog, I have not.
    Cat food yes ;P
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    My dogs' food contains mostly GMO corn. Before you try it, you might want to find out how stringent the health department standards are for dog food. I had some meatloaf once that tasted like I imagined dog food would taste. If I had to make a steady diet of it, I'm sure I would have lost weight.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    DON'T use dog toothpaste. It may say chicken flavor on it but it's a fcking lie. It tastes nothing like chicken. It tastes like.... nasty.

OMG I laughed so hard it hurt! Thank you.
  • kaceelawlor
    kaceelawlor Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I did this before I went into the hospital.......I'm ok now, had nothing to do with the diet.

I was just sitting in the street licking my balls when I got hit by a car....but the diet is good.....lmfao!:laugh: :laugh:

haha great minds think alike? See page 1 of the thread.