I am under 1200 calories should i have 50ml of haagen daz

Options

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Only if you really really want it. Otherwise, I think it's kind of counter-productive to eat something fattening just to meet the daily calorie goal. A couple of days isn't a big deal.

Define "something fattening"

you get fat by having an excess of calories. Icecream is not fattening if you are eating it whilst still at a deficit.

My vote goes for - eat the ice cream if it fits your calories/macros.
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    stop with the fermented carbs!!!

Are you for real with this post hun??? Sorry to question your intelligence but it can not be that hard to reach your 1200 cals without ice cream.

I was eating 1200 cals for a year and never had to resort to haagen daz :noway:

Eat the damn ice-cream.

Ditto
  • jazzii98
    Options
    Go for it. Stopping yourself eating a little of something you crave makes you binge.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    How did you fall short 1200 calories 2 days in a row? What is your calorie goal for the day? How much are you logging as exercise calories burned?

Because of course this is totally relevant to whether you should eat some ice cream or not...*cough* :indifferent:

Well? How the hell do you wind up short 1200 calories short 2 days in a row? That is a HUGE amount...the math and logic doesn't seem to add up. I don't want to say sure go ahead and eat an entire container of haagen daz without having more info.

Plus...the post seems a bit trollish. And if so it's working because here I am explaining my post to you.

But what the heck OP go ahead and eat that ice cream if it fits into your daily calorie allotment!
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    In reply to below: Yes I am being serious and i am highly intelligent-, I have a degree, professional qualifications and degree in common sense. For the last three days i been busy and i only manage to eat 1046- 1120 in calories. MFP had warned me to eat 1200 minmum. I had my dinner and was still under. my concern also was i was under 1200 and I also had exercise which meant had 414 calories also. I decided i needed to eat at lest 1200 but i had run out of fruit but had 50ml haagen daz left in freezer which was 123 calories. You be happy to hear i walk down the street to buy a bunch of grapes. Now I am at 1200.

Are you for real with this post hun??? Sorry to question your intelligence but it can not be that hard to reach your 1200 cals without ice cream.

I was eating 1200 cals for a year and never had to resort to haagen daz
  • Stella2070
    Stella2070 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Eating fat does not make you fat. True story.
    [/quote]

Edit: This was was supposed to have popped up as quote from someone, now it looks like I stole it. Anyway, it made me smile.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    In reply to below: Yes I am being serious and i am highly intelligent-, I have a degree, professional qualifications and degree in common sense. For the last three days i been busy and i only manage to eat 1046- 1120 in calories. MFP had warned me to eat 1200 minmum. I had my dinner and was still under. my concern also was i was under 1200 and I also had exercise which meant had 414 calories also. I decided i needed to eat at lest 1200 but i had run out of fruit but had 50ml haagen daz left in freezer which was 123 calories. You be happy to hear i walk down the street to buy a bunch of grapes. Now I am at 1200.

so, can I have your ice-cream?
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL THE ICECREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options

^^^My head hurts and my math skills are definitely off today. It sounded from your original post that you were short 1200 calories for the day. From this post it sounds like you're only short a few hundred? Eat the ice cream and call it a day:flowerforyou:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    OP- eat the ice cream, or don't, it's up to you. I would if it's what I wanted.

Now, what are fermented carbs????????
  • ukloveme
    Options
    LadyRaven68, Yes you can have my ice cream. where can I post it to?
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    How did you fall short 1200 calories 2 days in a row? What is your calorie goal for the day? How much are you logging as exercise calories burned?

Because of course this is totally relevant to whether you should eat some ice cream or not...*cough* :indifferent:

Well? How the hell do you wind up short 1200 calories short 2 days in a row? That is a HUGE amount...the math and logic doesn't seem to add up. I don't want to say sure go ahead and eat an entire container of haagen daz without having more info.

Plus...the post seems a bit trollish. And if so it's working because here I am explaining my post to you.

But what the heck OP go ahead and eat that ice cream if it fits into your daily calorie allotment!

edit: Nevermind, looks like you got it above. :drinker:
    Re-read. You did not comprehend the post as it was written. She was short OF 1200 calories for 2 days...not short BY 1200 calories.
  • ukloveme
    Options
    Lizziebeth10, I am ok with the grapes but might have haagen daz at the weekend hehe
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options

edit: Nevermind, looks like you got it above. :drinker:
    Re-read. You did not comprehend the post as it was written. She was short OF 1200 calories for 2 days...not short BY 1200 calories.

Lol i got it!! it's been a long day! Now you can see my concern thinking she's under 1200 cals!! I'm like WTH...how does this happen?!?
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    ///

//

OK so you are highly intelligent, sorry for questioning you!!!

But there are lots of people on MFP that have serious issues and eating ice cream to reach 1200 cals is not one......you read like a sensible person, maybe help some new people that come on MFP??

I would also check a lot of the posts from people on 1200 cals a day to get some ideas of quick recipes.

Good luck x
  • ukloveme
    Options
    yes what is fermented carbs!!! , please enlighten us
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Eat all the pizza instead.

6jd8ps.gif
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    yes what is fermented carbs!!! , please enlighten us

alcohol :-)
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Eat Ice cream if you want it, just don't make it a habit. I wouldn't eat a carton though.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Isn't tequila a fermented carb? Does ice-cream come in that flavor?