Help me find a new yogurt to try?

Options
13»

Replies

• kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Chobani or Dannon Oikos Greek yogurts with fruit are my favorites. 22g of carbs, 13g of protein and either 0g or 3g of fat per container.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Siggi's - it's the thickest of any yogurts!

^^yep, Siggi's rocks. It's skyr, which is even higher in protein than greek yogurt!
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    For those who like Fage, if you live in the San Franciso Bay Area, try Pavel's http://www.pavels.net/products/. It is a Russian style yoghurt, slightly creamier than Fage, but the taste is outstanding. Most Safeway and Whole Food stores in the area carry it, as well as all Indian stores. And Indians know their yoghurt!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    activia light (any flavor)
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Picked up the new yogurt "iogo". Love it. Canadian, all natural, i picked up the lactose free stuff and is it ever good.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Noosa yogurt -strawberry rubarb is my jam
  • JustSinging
    JustSinging Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    stonyfield chocolate underground..... yummmmmm
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My favorite are as follows:

Okios (every flavor), Fage, Zoi and Chobani...no weird tastes and great nutrition in all of them :)
  • Goldberry77
    Options
    My favorite is Fage 2%, but sometimes it's hard to find in the town I live in. I will eat the nonfat Fage, but for some reason it seems to be harder to sweeten.

I use unsweetened cocoa, stevia or fruit spread, and I mix it up like it's chocolate pudding. Then I put blueberries, nuts, or whatever I like at the moment. I kind of feel like I'm eating chocolate pie, especially when I sprinkle some kind of cereal like "uncle sam" on top.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Fage is my first choice, and Oikos is second. I add chopped apples and walnuts and it doesn't need any sweetener.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    So, try some of the 1.5-2% fat greek yogurts like Chobani's strawberry banana or pineapple or fage, which is less sweet. But if you want a "yogurt" that has no chemical taste at all. Is supper super thick and high in protein then check out Siggi's skyr (icelandic yogurt). It is very light on the sugar and has a natural flavor. In fact, the first time i tried it, my taste buds were so used to the sweetness of greek yogurt, it was an adjustment. but it is really good and great with a frozen banana in the berry flavors. Check it out.. http://www.skyr.com/skyr.html
  • pickledginger
    Options
    Chobani, if I am getting pre-flavored. Oikos and Fage are good, too, and yes, Siggi's skyr. (And it's not Greek-style, but yes, Chocolate Underground is amazing.)

Usually, though, I get plain Greek-style yogurt (Chobani or what's on sale) or cottage cheese (Friendship brand lowfat, whipped; cheap and high-protein) and add frozen berries. Yum!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Chobani, if I am getting pre-flavored. Oikos and Fage are good, too, and yes, Siggi's skyr. (And it's not Greek-style, but yes, Chocolate Underground is amazing.)

Usually, though, I get plain Greek-style yogurt (Chobani or what's on sale) or cottage cheese (Friendship brand lowfat, whipped; cheap and high-protein) and add frozen berries. Yum!
    Friendship cottage cheese is good... Best one i found as far as price, taste and nutritional value. I mix equal parts of greek yogurt and cottage cheese.. Friendship has the whipped cottage cheese but i rather like the lumpy texture... ????