I want your secret

Options

Replies

• Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    don't be afraid of feeling hungry sometimes, it's completely natural. like when you want to munch after dinner, just DON'T and wait until breakfast. don't ever stuff yourself, eat until you are satisfied.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Dont cut out foods at all. No food is 'bad' just the amount of it you choose to eat. If it fits your macro's, knock yourself out! Also, measure yourself, ignore the scales, they are like evil toddlers who dont want to play fair :grumble:
    Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I continually make an effort to create and consume healthier options. Today I put 2 oz of whole cranberry sauce in a cup of plain greek nonfat yogurt for the first time. 185 calories without all the artificial sugars and fat. It was pretty good and very filling.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Get your butt into the weight room, pick up some heavy things and put them down again. Stay away from the hot pink barbie dumbells!

Drink tons of water

Eat plenty of protein

Find vegetables that you love and put them in your face

Eat every 3-4 hours

Track your calories honestly

Learn about proper portions

Make sure you eat ENOUGH

Eat whole, unprocessed food as much as you can.

Buy a scale and use it too
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Learn the meaning of TDEE and find out what yours is. Eat less than that.

Pick up heavy stuff.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Get your butt into the weight room, pick up some heavy things and put them down again. Stay away from the hot pink barbie dumbells!

Drink tons of water

Eat plenty of protein

Find vegetables that you love and put them in your face

Eat every 3-4 hours

Track your calories honestly

Learn about proper portions

Make sure you eat ENOUGH

Eat whole, unprocessed food as much as you can.

This!!! Precisely this!!
  • fattybumclaire
    fattybumclaire Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    NOW is really a good time to start eating healthily, you dont want a calorie defecit whilst pregnant but your baby will really benefit from you ditching any junk food and upping the fruit and veg.....don't wait! Good Luck
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    There is no secret. Eat fruits and vegetables, skip processed food/meat/dairy.
  • eccentricwriter
    Options
    I love reading these -- thanks, ladies (and gentlemen)!
  • TwelveTwentyOne
    TwelveTwentyOne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    you need to talk to your obgyn or Dr. If your breast feeding it is more calories a day. Don't make any changes now till after its born!

Breastfeed your baby! There are lifelong benefits for BOTH you and your baby. Make sure you are eating enough to keep a healthy milk supply and give yourself some time to heal from your delivery.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Drop Soda - cold turkey. Trust me on this one...
    Drink a ton of water. You should feel like you are floating...and peeing more than you'd ever thought you could pee.
    Get some sort of movement in - it doesn't have to be at a gym. DVD's, home body weight exercises during commericals, little walks in the evening make huge differences.
    Say no to crap. And what I mean is, a co-worker brings in donuts, candy, cookies, etc. Just don't eat it. End of story. Plan to have "good" snacks on hand when temptation arises.
    Be honest with yourself and log everything.
    Don't net under 1200 calories, it's really doing your body a disservice...
    Stay strong, motivated, and patient. It's a marathon not a sprint!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    My not-so-secret secret is that I don't deprive myself of anything. I eat whatever I want to (within reason, I guess, but yeah I still eat crappy food) ..... I just eat enough for one singular person.
  • dg0921
    dg0921 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One day at a time!
  • sboling79
    sboling79 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have really had success with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workout DVD...actually doing day 30 tomorrow!! It will kick your butt (in a good way) and get you results!!
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    My secret (which is no secret) is my personal trainer. He's doing great work, though I'm not losing a lot of weight, I lose a lot of inches, and that means a lot more (most of the times). I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I'm getting nearer to my dream body.

Some things I learned those past 2+ years:
    - drink loads of water!
    - get enough sleep
    - eat whatever you want, whenever you want, but not in quantities you want ;-)
    - rest days and off time are very important!
    - cheat days/meals are just a cheat on your mind
    - if you're hungry: EAT!

There sure are more, but these are the main ideas :-)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    What really works is the obvious, boring stuff: eat less than you burn overall in a day. Do that consistently over time.

What has really worked for me this time, and I'm optimistic will help me maintain:
    -don't look at it as a temporary diet until you lose the weight; make small, permanent changes that you can live with. If that means still eating all the foods you like, then so be it. (I still do).
    -start exercising as soon as possible. The best kind is the kind you enjoy and will keep doing. Weight training is not mandatory; in fact you can lose weight successfully with no exercise at all. [/i]However[/i] exercise will help you burn extra calories, and if you can fit in some strength/resistance training of some sort, it will have a great effect on helping you to maintain your muscle mass as you lose weight, and have a more "toned", fit look when you reach your goal weight. If you plan on doing strength training, don't be afraid to start as soon as possible.
    -accept that weight loss takes time. A long time. If you want to lose 100 lbs, expect that it will take at least a year. Weight loss is boring and tedious, and you won't always feel motivated to carry on. Get through the bad times by creating habits now that you can easily sustain.
    -accept that weight loss is not linear, you won't always lose a certain amount each week, and if you weigh every day (which is fine) you will see your weight go up and down a lot even if you've done everything "right". Learn about the many things that make your weight fluctuate, and don't let it freak you out.
    -As well as weighing, take measurements of your body and take regular progress photos. These will keep you motivated when the scale is not behaving.
    -take everything you read on these boards with a gain of salt (even this!). There is a ton of good advice here, but there is also a lot of well-intentioned bad advice and people have vastly different ideas of what is healthy, and how you "should" be losing weight. Keep the basics in mind (a calorie deficit that's not too severe, some form of exercise, keep an eye on nutrition...) and then just find out what works for you. You're going to learn a lot!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When I started my journey I went bonkers and ate 100% healthy and worked out like mad for 4 months. A few tips when you want something to eat but don't have the calories to spend:

* When you make oatmeal use half fibers(wheat fibers or whatever you can find where youre at) it adds bulk to your food without adding too many calories. That leaves more room for toppings. =)
    * Beans are pretty lean and very yummy.
    * Almond milk is usually lower in calories than regular milk(and also very yummy with it's sweeter taste).
    * If I had eaten too much but I was still feeling snacky I would half-defrost some berries and just eat them like that.
    Or get some casein and whip it with the berries for 5 min to make a fluff - very filling and protein packed.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Take measurements after baby is born and a photo

Eat often (healthier choices, smaller portions-BUT enough to cover breastfreeding and any exercise if you have the time to do it)

Weigh yourself maybe once a month, your bodys going ot be in a bit of shock after the baby

Fit in any exercise you can- eat back your calories while breasfeeding
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Hi!! :) I just wanted throw my 2 cents out there,
    You will loose a lot of weight Breastfeeding!! I lost all of my baby weight and then some while doing it. You burn 600 calories a day BF. and it is so much better for the baby! And yay for seeing midwifes! They are amazing! ;) and Congrats on being pregnant.

You might lose a lot of weight if you breastfeed. You might not. Breastfeed if you want to, but don't do it purely for the weightloss promise.

And good for you to be planning your come back!! You got this!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    The only secrets you need:
    1. Eat at a calorie deficit consistently
    2. Find an exercise routine you enjoy and do it consistently.
    3. Stay patient and continue to repeat steps 1 and 2.

This is how I did it, or rather doing it. Half way there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!