Protein powders that can be mixed in water?

Options

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm looking for a protein powder that I can mix in water rather than adding the extra calories and sugar from almond milk, like I'm used to. I love the plant protein powder I have been using, but I want to be able to drink more and it just doesn't fit into my calorie goals.
    Long story short, what protein powders have you tried that taste good in water?

I use Body Fortress whey strawberry or the chocolate flavor and mix with water in a shaker up. It mixes well and is quite tasty!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I was trying to answer the question someone else asked was how Vi can compete in the market, and I was just elaborating on how it has its place because it's not just protein, but has more overall nutritional benefits too.

But since it seems I'm not welcome 'round here, and because my knowledge about strict protein powder isn't up to your guys' level....well, discretion is the better part of valor, as they say....so bowing out of the thread.

Good luck with reaching your goals, however you may reach them everyone! :)

It's my fault entirely. I made the mistake of assuming you were trying to sell something applicable to the OP's goals.

Maybe it was the 'message me' comment...........:wink:
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I drink Body Fortress Optimum Whey Protein Powder. The chocolate is fantastic with water, the vanilla is okay, better with a milk choice though. The chocolate peanut butter is good also. Good luck :)[/img]
    I use Body Fortress whey strawberry or the chocolate flavor and mix with water in a shaker up. It mixes well and is quite tasty!

throwing-up.gif
    YUCKKK Body Fortress is the cheapest and by far the grossest tasting protein on the market.

SRLY You girls are really missing out on some awesome tasty protein out there!!...
  • jazzguy4him
    jazzguy4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I freeze unsweetened almond milk into ice cubes and blend my protein with that and a little water. Works great for a nice consistency. More water for thinner, less for thicker.

I use MuscleTech Elite Plus protein - 140 calories/30g protein per scoop.

Genius! I was putting in the almond milk, then ice cubes and it was too watery and bleh..

Thank you, Sir!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Thanks @Tilran. I've read various arguments about protein intake for women and men and goals etc. and most of it contradicts one another! Its always difficult to sort out what info is correct, so its nice to get some insight!

I agree that you only need 1g per lb or LBM (not total body weight). You would probably be fine at a 100g target. More is fine, but imo not necessary.
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I can drink Isopure Creamy Vanilla with just water. Get a good blender bottle and you will be set!
  • Shock_Wave
    Options
    Thanks @Tilran. I've read various arguments about protein intake for women and men and goals etc. and most of it contradicts one another! Its always difficult to sort out what info is correct, so its nice to get some insight!

I agree that you only need 1g per lb or LBM (not total body weight). You would probably be fine at a 100g target. More is fine, but imo not necessary.

1g/lb protein is more of a guide line than a need.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Primal Fuel. It was designed to taste decent mixed with water, though I usually use milk. Chocolate coconut and vanilla creme flavors (I don't normally care for coconut, but I like these). Lower-carb, sweetened with stevia and a bit of cane sugar. Pricier than WallyWorld or GNC products, but not as expensive as Shakeology or Visalus.

Overpriced and poisonous according to Sisson himself

So the guy who formulated it says it's poisonous, huh? Could you point me to a link where Sisson says that? Not where someone claims he says it, or interprets his words to say that's what he meant...

There was a bunch of nit-picking debate about primal-ness when he came out with the stuff, but I'm not into the whole primal caveman thing. No argument from me that it's high-priced. Buying cheaper stuff that tastes so bad my kids won't drink it, and I have it sitting on the shelf, is expensive too.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Taken in the context of my statement I would not expect people to think it is an absolute requirement. Maybe I should be clearer in the future to make sure people do not misunderstand and take specific words in isolation rather than in the context of my statement in the light of the conversation.

OP: it is a general recommendation that 1g per lb LBM is a perfectly adequate amount of protein.

Better?
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    I drink Isopure Low Carb protein Dutch Chocolate. It's not so sickly sweet as the other shakes I've tried. I use my husband's Strawberry one to make protein pudding :bigsmile:
  • Shock_Wave
    Options

Taken in the context of my statement I would not expect people to think it is an absolute requirement. Maybe I should be clearer in the future to make sure people do not misunderstand and take specific words in isolation rather than in the context of my statement in the light of the conversation.

OP: it is a general recommendation that 1g per lb LBM is a perfectly adequate amount of protein.

Better?

What would be better woman would be for you to change your profile picture back to that awesome picture you had with you wearing those spandex pants showing your back side....I mean back..Nice Curves btw.. :bigsmile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Primal Fuel. It was designed to taste decent mixed with water, though I usually use milk. Chocolate coconut and vanilla creme flavors (I don't normally care for coconut, but I like these). Lower-carb, sweetened with stevia and a bit of cane sugar. Pricier than WallyWorld or GNC products, but not as expensive as Shakeology or Visalus.

So the guy who formulated it says it's poisonous, huh? Could you point me to a link where Sisson says that? Not where someone claims he says it, or interprets his words to say that's what he meant...

There was a bunch of nit-picking debate about primal-ness when he came out with the stuff, but I'm not into the whole primal caveman thing. No argument from me that it's high-priced. Buying cheaper stuff that tastes so bad my kids won't drink it, and I have it sitting on the shelf, is expensive too.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/532864-mark-sisson-and-cognitve-dissonance?hl=cognitive+dissonance
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Better?

What would be better woman would be for you to change your profile picture back to that awesome picture you had with you wearing those spandex pants showing your back side..Nice Curves btw.. :bigsmile:

You can be an asshat - but you do make me laugh... thank you.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I can't decide on a not sure if serious meme
  • Shock_Wave
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/532864-mark-sisson-and-cognitve-dissonance?hl=cognitive+dissonance

LOL @ Acg67..
    hook check..
    line check.
    sinker check.
    bait check..
    good cast out to forum threads check
    woohoo reeled in another one...

I was amused with the link.. nice homework
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb Vanilla
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    just bought jillian michaels triple chocolate shake that I mix with water. Also put it in my oatmeal. I love it
  • Shock_Wave
    Options

Better?

What would be better woman would be for you to change your profile picture back to that awesome picture you had with you wearing those spandex pants showing your back side..Nice Curves btw.. :bigsmile:

You can be an asshat - but you do make me laugh... thank you.

I know and :flowerforyou: YW
  • Ginger_Poomkin
    Ginger_Poomkin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use the IsoSensation (vanilla) mixed in a shaker with some water right after my workout. It doesn't clump and it tastes like cake :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I drink Body Fortress Optimum Whey Protein Powder. The chocolate is fantastic with water, the vanilla is okay, better with a milk choice though. The chocolate peanut butter is good also. Good luck :)[/img]

throwing-up.gif
    YUCKKK Body Fortress is the cheapest and by far the grossest tasting protein on the market.

SRLY You girls are really missing out on some awesome tasty protein out there!!...

I've tried 3 or 4 brands before Body Fortress that were absolutely gross tasting AND more expensive. Wasted my money on huge containers that wound up in the garbage can. Body Fortress tastes good to me. I worry that it is not as good a quality as the more expensive brands but I'm hesitant to dish out any more money to try a new brand only to find it don't like the taste or consistency. Body Fortress works for me.