Getting cash out of the ATM...

Options

Replies

• Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Who takes cash out on a friday/saturday night?! I thought that's what my boobs where for... ticket to free drinks! :wink:

(yes, I am joking)

I honestly never have cash, and if I need it, I usually just get cash back.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Who takes cash out on a friday/saturday night?! I thought that's what my boobs where for... ticket to free drinks! :wink:

guys
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options

AWESOME!!!
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I do not carry much cash--rarely use it. My husband always has cash, and I mean always...he does not like debit/credit cards.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Haha. I don't remember the last time I used an ATM. If I get cash, it's usually a small amount back when depositing a check. And I love the tellers at my bank, so I always go to them to do it for me.

I normally like to carry $20ish with me in cash. I should probably get some cash.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    i usually take out $500 on Fridays at 1:30pm Eastern Time. I do this at the work ATM at 123 Merrifield Plaza on the first floor in Franklinsberg, VA. I always wear my maroon hoodie. I am 5'6" tall and am balding . I also do not carry a firearm.

HAHA
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I don't even remember the last time I used an ATM. Seems very old-fashioned.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I give myself and my husband an allowance that lasts for the pay period (2 weeks). We each get $150 for our own "fun money".

We're being extra strict with ourselves as we are on a 6 year plan to have all of our debt paid off, not including our mortgage.

$600 a month for play money is extra strict? Dang! I must be quite draconian then, because it's about $50 a month total for us. Maybe that's why we've never had debt to begin with, just a small mortgage that doesn't stress the budget. I prefer to save rather than spend. I should probably lighten up a bit, though...
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i usually take out $500 on Fridays at 1:30pm Eastern Time. I do this at the work ATM at 123 Merrifield Plaza on the first floor in Franklinsberg, VA. I always wear my maroon hoodie. I am 5'6" tall and am balding . I also do not carry a firearm.

LOL!!!!!!!!
  • jhall585
    Options
    I'm a $5 dollar cash back kinda girl
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    If I do visit an ATM, it usually depends on how much money you have in your account at the time.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Reading about all the people who stash their cash in a sock or under the mattress reminded me of this guy I knew. He had hoarded tons of cash at his home - probably around 60k. A wild fire swept through the area and burned up a bunch of houses - including his - and all that cash was turned to ash. :sad:

P.S. I have some stashed myself, but not so much that if something happened I'd be heartbroken, you know...It's just enough for emergencies, not my life savings.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    I don't even remember the last time I used an ATM. Seems very old-fashioned.

really?
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    When I go to deposit my check I ask for 100 back. That way I don't have to visit the ATM.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    To tell the truth. . ATM kinda grosses me out.
  • valleydad
    valleydad Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I hate going to the ATM and it's not convenient to my home or work. So I usually pull out at least $100 to last me a week or two. You don't really need cash much these days. It's mainly just for tipping.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I give myself and my husband an allowance that lasts for the pay period (2 weeks). We each get $150 for our own "fun money".

We're being extra strict with ourselves as we are on a 6 year plan to have all of our debt paid off, not including our mortgage.

Us too!!! Well, we are on the 7 year plan, I want all student loans, cars and credit cards paid off by 1/1/2013. Our allowance is $200 each though, if I cut it to $150 that would probably put us ahead of schedule. I don't know if we will still have a mortgage at that point or not, my husband is military so depends on where we are then :)
  • FallingInLoveWithMe
    Options
    never have cash on me
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    About $50-$100, I prefer not to carry cash on me.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    ...what's cash?