Foods You Refuse to Guve Up!

Options

Replies

• VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Moderation is key for me! Don't know how I'd even be able to survive a month without pasta, cheese, pizza, wings, carbs in general, chocolate or vodka!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give anything up. I try to make healthier choices more often. Chocolate, fast food, beer, wine...yup it's all mine :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, but I do know that there are certain foods where I have trouble with portion control so I don't have them in the house - potato chips, ice cream, some kinds of cheese (the kinds that are so good they call me from the fridge).

You brown rice haters should try Lundberg brand brown basmati - it has the texture of white rice, it's really delicious.

Lundberg is the most amazing brand. And it's rated very highly in terms of having lower arsenic content than other rice.
  • dunadan
    dunadan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good on you for saying this, I totally agree. Here are my non-negotiables:

REAL sugar in my tea. I never have, and never will, touch a pink/yellow/blue packet.
    Tillamook cheddar cheese. Low-fat/non-fat cheese is affront to real cheese.
    Bacon. Mmm....bacon. Preferably Fletcher's Thick-Cut Maple Bacon.
    I agree with the rest of you on white rice, I love me some sticky white rice with my teriyaki chicken.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I know brown rice is healthier and better for me than white rice...but I don't like it! I LIKE white rice and I'm going to keep eating it!

I have a dream, that one day bodyweight will be determined not by the color of the carbs, but by the content of the calories. I have a dream today.

:heart: :drinker:
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I refuse to give anything up. I try to make healthier choices more often. Chocolate, fast food, beer, wine...yup it's all mine :)

I hear ya. We make our own beer and wine at home too so there's no chance I'm giving it up.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I don't refuse too much of anything; I practice moderation and that works for me
  • Onesnap
    Options
    BREAD
    White rice
    Potatoes
    Fries (I'll bake them but I refuse to settle for sweet potato fries)
    Chips (also just go for the baked variety)

The only thing I've really (almost) completely stopped ingesting is juice... I eat the same, I just cook differently...

Potatoes are not evil. They have potassium. It's all how you prepare them.

Don't give up potatoes just roast them in olive oil.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Good on you for saying this, I totally agree. Here are my non-negotiables:

REAL sugar in my tea. I never have, and never will, touch a pink/yellow/blue packet.
    Tillamook cheddar cheese. Low-fat/non-fat cheese is affront to real cheese.
    Bacon. Mmm....bacon. Preferably Fletcher's Thick-Cut Maple Bacon.
    I agree with the rest of you on white rice, I love me some sticky white rice with my teriyaki chicken.

I'm with you on this. I can't eat fake sugar anyway.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I refuse to give up any food that I enjoy! I had three mint Milano cookies last night (200 calories) that I bought because they were on sale, and I love them!

I also eat white rice, white bread, white potatoes. I don't care about trying to be 100% healthy all the time. Life's too short!
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I haven't truly given up anything, although I've noticed that since I've cut down considerably on the greasy food, my stomach can't handle it AT ALL when I do eat greasy foods now. So I don't eat much of that stuff, and I don't miss it any longer.

I REFUSE to give up the following though, no matter how sick I get...
    -Pizza
    -French Fries
    -Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches (I'm from Indiana...it's practically required to eat one at least once)
    -Bacon
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I will not give up ice cream. The key to eating everything you want to eat is do it in m-o-d-e-r-a-t-i-o-n. :tongue:
  • sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sometimes its not what you are eating but what you are not eating. Yep, eat the junk food but make sure you get the nutrition in your meals. Namely veges. The problem comes when empty calories take the place of healthy stuff. Otherwise, enjoy your favs.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up chocolate. cheese, butter, and ice cream. Although I've made healthier choices: dark chocolate, light butter, light ice cream/frozen yogurt. Edy's Slow Churned is amazing and 1/2 the fat! There have to be some compromises in weight loss.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Five years ago (ish) I gave up all red meat and I do NOT regret it. I feel 1000000% better about what I put in my body. I still eat chicken, turkey and seafood. I'd love to be a veggie, and tried, but I looked gross.

Anyway... what I refuse to give up is everything else. I've always eaten pretty healthy, especially since adulthood - I've been cautious because I hate being sick!

I don't have white rice often, and if I do, it has to be basimati or jasmine. If it isn't, I won't eat it - unless it's sushi (I have that once every 2-3 months).

My biggest one, chocolate. I LOVE chocolate and refuse to give it up.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm an everything in moderation guy and haven't given anything up, though I've cut way, way, way ,way....waaaaaay back on pizza (who knew 1/2 a medium pizza wasn't a serving size), dairy (I always though 1/4 Lb of sharp cheddar followed by a pint of whole milk was just a nice snack), sausages (in my family a serving size has always been 2 whole brats topped with kraut and a heeping helping of german potato salad on the side)....

Actually, I have given up chicharrones...the way most folks make 'em here in NM, they have about a weeks worth of your daily Sat Fat in a serving (I exagerate, but not by much) and my cholesterol is through the friggin roof.

I do make better decisions and favor whole grains for my fiber, but it's not like I'm never going to touch another piece of white bread or something. I've actually always preferred brown rice and wild rices to white rice...always though white rice tasted like...pretty much nothing. Thankfully, I don't have much of a sweet tooth so there is no need for me to think about giving up cookies and the like because I just don't eat that kind of stuff regularly anyway. No way I give up my beer...ever! Though I do drink more red wine than I used to and enjoy my vodka and diet tonics.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I will never give up wine. I love reds, whites and everything in between. I drink it in moderation, of course.
    I will never give up chocolate. A life without chocolate, is a life not worth living- dramatic, but YES I love chocolate :laugh:
    I will never give up coffee. I drink it 5 times a week. I only give it up on weekends :)
    I will never give up spicy foods- even when they give me the poops sometimes- sorry...LOL :laugh:
    I will never give up HOT FRIES. I love them. They taste so freaking good- my mouth is actually watering as I'm typing this :tongue:

I could easily give up ice-cream. Never been a fan to begin with
    I could easily give up rice- my mom made it every single day growing up. Very tired of it.
    I could easily give up soda. I don't drink it now, so piece of cake
    I could easily give up candy, cookies and cake- I really don't have a sweet tooth at all :)
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything long term, I just use moderation now.

what she said
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I refuse to give up chocolate. cheese, butter, and ice cream. Although I've made healthier choices: dark chocolate, light butter, light ice cream/frozen yogurt. Edy's Slow Churned is amazing and 1/2 the fat! There have to be some compromises in weight loss.

Actually low fat food is not a healthier option.

The reason is because you take out the fat and you put fillers and thickening agents in its place. There's a lot of info out there (and podcasts) that explain that going low fat or fat free is not always the better option. 2% cheese yes. Fake ice cream, no.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I gave up all the stuff I didn't like....

true.story.