Foods You Refuse to Guve Up!

Options

Replies

• juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    chocolate, red wine....drew the line at butter tho...!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I can give up so much, but I can't give up white rice. It's an asian thing..lol...
  • jhall585
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, but I do know that there are certain foods where I have trouble with portion control so I don't have them in the house - potato chips, ice cream, some kinds of cheese (the kinds that are so good they call me from the fridge).

You brown rice haters should try Lundberg brand brown basmati - it has the texture of white rice, it's really delicious.

Lundberg is the most amazing brand. And it's rated very highly in terms of having lower arsenic content than other rice.

I must try this. I adore basmati!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, white rice is actually healthier than brown rice. While brown rice has more nutrients overall, the bran coating actually prevents the human body from being able to digest and absorb them, which basically makes brown rice nutritionally empty to humans.

That's good to know! Maybe that's why brown rice is so hard to eat?
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate, anything with booze in it, corn dogs...and i have ice cream once or twice per month. i find most things i like are fine (example: chicken wings) if I practice moderation and only eat them on special occasions. a couple of things like pizza are something that sort of set me off for the whole day so it's better to not eat the full-fat/full-cal versions of them FOR me but instead find healthy substitutes
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    BREAD
    White rice
    Potatoes
    Fries (I'll bake them but I refuse to settle for sweet potato fries)
    Chips (also just go for the baked variety)

The only thing I've really (almost) completely stopped ingesting is juice... I eat the same, I just cook differently...

Same!!
    I gave up all drinks that weren't water, expect for green tea.
    I eat the same things but all in moderation and also make much better choices as far as what I eat (example: grilled over fried chicken).
  • mustdothis40
    mustdothis40 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What a great post! I also just looking to be more active and smaller. I refuse to give up wine. I could do it for short time, but I know I would add it back, so why bother? I am not in an emergency situation, so I will take my time and deal with the moderation portion of this lifestyle. :smile:
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Bleu cheese dressing.
  • basiak27
    basiak27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great post! I will NEVER give up greek food, dark chocolate and cereal. However I am learning moderation :)
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bacon... turkey bacon is just not right.
    Real cheese... low fat/cheese is an abomination!
    Pizza

I just do everything in moderation and in combination with my workouts, I don't see a problem with it. You shouldn't have to give up anything... If I gave up bacon, one day I would crack and cook up/eat 5 lbs of it!
  • KindaOverThis
    KindaOverThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wine.
    Not a food?
    Don't care.
    Wine.
    ;-)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    OMG the horror: I had not even considered cheese. Cheese is off the table for going off the table. I kneel at the altar of cheese.
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I really haven't given up anything, just smaller portions. However, I will never give up chocolate, french fries and chicken wings of any variety.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Cheese
    Chocolate
    Beer
    Wine
    Ice cream
    Burgers
    Baked goods

...Ok yeah actually I don't think there's anything I've truly given up for good. I just have it much less often or in smaller quantities, and when I do have it I'm very selective about it being a high-quality treat.
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in giving up anything I like. If it's really that "bad" for me, I'll have it in moderation. For example, I LOVE single malt scotches, Grey Goose vodka, wine and champagne. If I had it my way, I'd be drinking martinis every night. But it's bad for my liver, so I limit my drinking to 3 nights a week at the most, and of those nights, no more than 3 oz of hard liquor or 2 glasses of wine on 2 of them. One night I can go a little crazier. But b/c I'm so light, it doesn't take much...

But everything else, I eat in moderation.

BTW, I grew up on white rice (I'm Chinese). Nothing wrong with white rice if you ask me. I don't think the Chinese suffered for eating white rice all their lives. It is a staple.
  • SylentZee
    Options
    vodka.

The cheat day I have is to get all cravings out, if I can't wait, I'll have a small portion.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Tillamook cheddar cheese.

YES!! In September, I was in Coos Bay and drove back to Seattle along 101 just so I could go to the Tillamook Cheese factory. I loaded up on their Smoked Cheddar and some other cheeses. Then I went a bit farther down the road to the Tillamook County Smoker and bought a couple of pounds of jerky. It was too busy to get ice cream that trip, but thats usually on the agenda when I go.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Im not sure Ive given up or will give up any specific food though there are some I limit because I cant behave myself

Velveeta shells n cheese with diced tomatoes
    boiled potatoes with poor mans brown gravy
    fresh, soft, hot cream cheese / butter cream frosted cinnamon rolls (UGH even typing that hurt and I think I just gained 5 lbs)
    ...............I eat these very very seldom because I go way overboard when I DO eat them

I refuse to give up
    I love:

baked potatoes (I drizzle lemon juice on a dry baked potato)
    vegies of every kind (I have a new found love for butternut squash)
    fruits (I kinda limit these because Im diabetic but Im uber careful)
    I have to have my coffee each morning w/southern butter pecan creamer
    GOT TO HAVE Cucumbers or pickles ever-damn day :drinker:

I even virtually no other potato or pasta than whats listed.
    I dont eat bread as a rule(I do like the healthy life stuff when I do opt for a sandwich)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Just noticed the type in the title. *Give*

Carry on, keep them coming! I love all these! :smile:
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I didn't give up anything I just ate everything in moderation and some things not as often :}