Looking for a good bread replacement

Options

Replies

• vader0677
    Options
    try a whole grain wrap with lots of fiber.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    This makes me sad :cry:

Is it not possible to fit some bread into your daily calories and macros?

Most definitely. You don't need to cut it out entirely. Some days, though, you may want lower carb options. Macros and all.... If bread really did make you fat, I'd give up and be fat, because :heart: bread.

Haha same. This is what I meant! There is no need to cut out bread if you like it, just tweak it into your day :)
  • FSL010
    FSL010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I thought my bread was healthy :brokenheart: .... (Great Value Whole Wheat Bread) :bigsmile:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options

How the hell do they make this?

??????? what is that???
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I use corn tortillas to make quesadillas a lot. I also buy some gluten-free wraps called "sandwich petals." You can also use lettuce to wrap stuff instead of the bread.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I loooove sammiches, so I loooove my Weight Watchers bread and Body Wise bread. Skinny slices, about 35-40 cals. per slice. Whole wheat, white, or 7 grain. Yum. I also like wraps, so lo-cal, low-fat tortillas work for me.
  • babsc01
    babsc01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Healthy Life makes a great high fiber bread, at only 35 calories per slice. Very tasty and sandwich-worthy. Or, you can try the "sandwich thins" made by Arnold, Nature's Own, Thomas, etc. The multi-grain versions are awesome, and you can also use them as hamburger buns.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee's 45 calories and Delightful wheat bread...DELICIOUS at 45 cals, 10 carbs, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein per slice:)

I use this too, it's deeee lish!

Me three!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Plantain flour + Sweet potato flour are excellent alternatives to make your own bread with. You may also try coconut flour, if the flavour is agreeable. Mind you, I've made bread using the raw ingredients and it worked out really well for the bread and the chocolate cake. Oh, you have to steam them or bake them first, at least that is how I made mine.
  • Gimpdogg
    Gimpdogg Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a f-ing macro is but it sounds gimicky and stupid. I thought the point of this website was to eat balanced nutritional meals without all the bull**** diet and fitness short cuts. I have lost 104 pounds I eat lots of bread, tacos, pizza and burgers on real buns. Eat what you want just watch how much you eat and get your *kitten* to the gym! No macro BS or anti carb hating propaganda needed.
  • FSL010
    FSL010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a f-ing macro is but it sounds gimicky and stupid. I thought the point of this website was to eat balanced nutritional meals without all the bull**** diet and fitness short cuts. I have lost 104 pounds I eat lots of bread, tacos, pizza and burgers on real buns. Eat what you want just watch how much you eat and get your *kitten* to the gym! No macro BS or anti carb hating propaganda needed.

AGREE!!

BTW maccro is short for macro-nutrient which includes all the main stuff that we eat, i.e. Fats, proteins, and carbs
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Healthy Life has a 35cal bread. 35/slice, which isnt bad.
  • keelz2010
    Options
    I have weight watchers wholemeal pittas in place of bread mostly now, you don't have to totally cut out bread reduce it by having open sandwiches or those mni slices of nimble bread
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    pita bread, lavosh, or naan. All delicious.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Healthy life bread and its great 35cal/slice. Or a big lettuce leaf. make an unwich like a jimmy johns sub
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options

LOVE
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    Try Ryvita http://www.ryvita.co.uk/products/crispbread/dark-rye-crispbread
    wholewheat tortillas, rice wrap
  • NomNomMom
    NomNomMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    http://www.latortillafactory.com/products-3.aspx
    LOVE these low carb/high fiber tortillas. VERY satisfying and versatile. I make pizza with them on my stove top griddle, wraps, make them soft or like a crisp cracker!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some gluten free grain bread and wraps? :) The Whole Foods market has an awesome GF range. (So jealous. I wish WF would open up in Australia =[ )
  • shellybean73
    shellybean73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options