Options

Replies

• Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel Bread

80 cals slice

<<<<
    Source of Complete Protein - Rated 84.3% as efficient as the highest source of protein (comparable to that of milk or eggs)

Contains 18 Amino Acids - Including all 9 essential amino acids

Increased Digestibility - Sprouting breaks down starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them easily.

Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.

Increased Vitamin C - Sprouting produces vitamin C.

Increased Vitamin B - Sprouting increases the vitamin B2, B5 & B6.

Great source of Fiber - Combining sprouted grains and legumes gives a good amount of natural fiber in each serving.>>>

http://www.foodforlife.com/about_us/ezekiel-49
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I like flat outs.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    My parents use a product called "Flat Out" and make wraps, etc. My dad is diabetic so he has to watch his carbs.

i like the flat out wraps.
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Who says your sandwich has to have 2 pieces of bread... ???

Once I threw this belief out the window - I now make my sandwiches on 1 piece of good quality bread that I love!

Gotta eat what you love!
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    breadddd!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    The thought of eating fake low cal/low carb bread makes me gag.
    The only way I will give up my Butternut White Bread is if they go out of business and stop making it.
    Oh wait a minute......
  • lowe1961
    lowe1961 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been using a slice of cheese in place of bread. It was kinda weird to get used to at first. But now i really like it. Just make your cheese is kinda on the thick size.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee's 45 calories and Delightful wheat bread...DELICIOUS at 45 cals, 10 carbs, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein per slice:)

This is REAL bread, tastes great, and you can find it at most grocery stores for less than $3.00 a loaf:)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee's 45 calories and Delightful wheat bread...DELICIOUS at 45 cals, 10 carbs, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein per slice:)

I use this too, it's deeee lish!

Me three!

Add me to the list, I switch between the Whole Wheat and the Multigrain..... Both are very good...
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    healthy life 100% whole wheat
    it's inexpensive and 35 calories a slice
  • mrstravisjones
    mrstravisjones Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    don't replace your bread. carbs aren't bad. they are essential to a healthy and balanced diet. if you are trying to lower your carbs to balance with everything else, i suggest using one slice of bread in stead of two.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Replace each slice of bread with a chicken breast :laugh:

What do you usually eat on a sandwich? Could you just increase the veggie content, and turn it into a salad?
    kfcsandwich.jpg
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I use either wheat or spinach tortilla. Any bread with sprouts is also good. I prefer the wraps. Works great for me. good luck. Oh there are a few sandwiches wrapped with large lettuce leaves, the Unwich.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    healthy life 100% whole wheat
    it's inexpensive and 35 calories a slice

Nice to know, I'll look for it.
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Sometimes I use big lettuce leaves if I'm having a burger or something. Works great and tastes fantastic and saves over 100 calories. :)
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Large lettuce leaf works, or my favorite, use a large portabella mushroom cap. Pull out the stem, you can chop or cut into the "meat" of the mushroom, pile or layer your stuff in there & maybe toast for a few in an oven, and voile! Healthy, delicious, low cal, low carb & great fiber!!

GF breads can be a lower cal option but not necessarily carb - there is Ener'G Light Brown Bread, 50 cals a slice, but not sure if the sodium & other stuff is worth it (I am GF due to allergy)
  • huge2fan2
    huge2fan2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    La tortilla Factory makes a great large wheat tortilla with only 80 calories and it makes great wraps...
  • midnight333
    Options
    Bump