Why women won't date old guys?

Options

Replies

• Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    LOLOL. I'm 22 and I'm dating a man who's 50. I'd say that probably counts as old. But I think he's attractive and quite intelligent. I call him daddy. :laugh:

UGH, YOU'RE FULFILLING THE STEREOTYPE, GIRL!

Lol. Maybe....but I actually find it to be less stereotypical and more taboo. He doesn't provide for me. I don't live with him and he doesn't buy me things. The sex is amazing, I enjoy his wisdom and insight (it's staggering to realize how childish and immature 22 year olds still are. Me included.), and we have a lot in common (well...maybe not some things. Daddy isn't exactly going to go out to the bars with me). Stereotypes are for people who judge others and their relationships without any actual knowledge of them.

Hey, you don't have to defend it to me! I'm marrying someone a decade older than me, and had something of a long term thing with a man that was thirty years older than me! I just always get the people who have gone, "Ooooh... daddy issues, huh?"

Then again, if you're calling him Daddy for other, uh, personal reasons (:wink:)... well, more to you!

Hahahahaha. Yeah, I get a little uncomfortable thinking about that. But my father has stayed as far away from my sexuality as possible and there's not trauma there so....pretty sure it's not a daddy issues thing. He's also still 5 years younger than my actual father. Calling him "daddy" is...uhhh....person reasons as you said. Kinks and such. He's a sadist and I'm a brat. Oh....sharing all kinds of personal information today. Sorry. I'm a sharer. :blushing:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    LOLOL. I'm 22 and I'm dating a man who's 50. I'd say that probably counts as old. But I think he's attractive and quite intelligent. I call him daddy. :laugh:

UGH, YOU'RE FULFILLING THE STEREOTYPE, GIRL!

Lol. Maybe....but I actually find it to be less stereotypical and more taboo. He doesn't provide for me. I don't live with him and he doesn't buy me things. The sex is amazing, I enjoy his wisdom and insight (it's staggering to realize how childish and immature 22 year olds still are. Me included.), and we have a lot in common (well...maybe not some things. Daddy isn't exactly going to go out to the bars with me). Stereotypes are for people who judge others and their relationships without any actual knowledge of them.

Hey, you don't have to defend it to me! I'm marrying someone a decade older than me, and had something of a long term thing with a man that was thirty years older than me! I just always get the people who have gone, "Ooooh... daddy issues, huh?"

Then again, if you're calling him Daddy for other, uh, personal reasons (:wink:)... well, more to you!

Hahahahaha. Yeah, I get a little uncomfortable thinking about that. But my father has stayed as far away from my sexuality as possible and there's not trauma there so....pretty sure it's not a daddy issues thing. He's also still 5 years younger than my actual father. Calling him "daddy" is...uhhh....person reasons as you said. Kinks and such. He's a sadist and I'm a brat. Oh....sharing all kinds of personal information today. Sorry. I'm a sharer. :blushing:

Haha, don't worry girl! I could pick up what you were putting down! As long as people are consensual and happy and safe, that's all that matters :wink:
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    We are not old! We are seasoned!! :tongue:

^^^THIS!!!! Older men are very sexy!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    ..but we DO date old guys.

The one man I can say I truly love - is 79 years old. The same age as my mother..
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Uh... has anyone heard of Hugh Hefner? Just sayin'....
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Because they need to stay within their age range, date old women and I'm sure you'll find lots of dates. Your welcome.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    like how old? i would date an older man.
  • 25poundshed
    Options
    How old do you think I am?
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    How old do you think I am?

Just by your profile pic, young enough to be my son, if I'd had one!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Almost every woman I have dated has been younger than me
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    When I was younger (20s) I was really into old guys (30-40) Now that I'm older, I've scaled the gap back some. But there is something sexy about the maturity older guys bring. And salt and pepper hair. Rawr
  • eatathome
    eatathome Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Almost every woman I have dated has been younger than me

Creep.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    My bf of a decade is 14 years older than me. And while that put him mentally about 2 years older than a.dude my age....one of the downfalls of being with a so who is older is that they try to parent u. Which is kind of gross and super annoying. Lol.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I prefer someone older than me by at least a small margin. More than 10 years older though seems to give incompatibilities in interests and past experiences (making jokes the other person doesn't get, etc).
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm really looking to date someone older than I am...but so far I've run into a lot of lewd, older men. Just last night a man at the bar was having a conversation with me and in the middle of it decided to try and guess my breast size (I'm small chested, of all things). I promptly walked away from that. If I can find a male who is older, mature, and not looking to have a 22 year old trophy, then count me in!
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    love older men.......... my guy is 13 yrs older than me:)
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    but they date george cloonies of the world!! one has to be interesting ....dollers do help too!:wink:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Men don't age mentally, only physically.....
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    Men don't age mentally, only physically.....
    Some of us dont age physically either.:happy:
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    :smokin:

Now accepting applications