Do everyone a favor.....

Options
124»

Replies

• hellmama5
    hellmama5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To me MFP should link direct to the same company that these nutrition panels on food boxes get theirs so when we enter in something it should be per the box label and people cant just put in their own versions of said items. So if I were to add 2 servings of Cheerios then poof it gives me the exact info for 2 servings of that per the label.

That would be great!!
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The problem I have with putting down those grams...is let's say 1 cup = 85g...
    But when you have only 1/2 cup...it still says 85g after your entry...

To me...it should adjust for that as well and list it as 44.5g....

With that, you enter .5 and it reads that you had .5 of an 85 gram cup of coffee. Makes sense to me!
  • voncreepy
    Options
    I simply don't trust the MFP database. It's incomplete for me anyway as I track potassium and it's rarely entered.
    I make all my own entries or double check to see if one is complete, or edit the existing one if it is the same as my label but incomplete. I treat it like wikipedia.
    I never share recipes because I doubt anyone would eat the low sodium crap I'm making, and it's too time consuming the way it's set up here to share a recipe.

I also track my my sodium and potassium as well and try to stay at or below the RDA of 2400mg.
  • calajane
    Options
    I actually think a great MFP improvement would be making it so we can see the nutrition info BEFORE we click "add to diary". Maybe I'll suggest it.....

THIS. I can't even begingto say how useful that would be. Right now, I go into the database to check out the things I want to eat to see how many calories they are before I eat, then I have to go back to the diary to add them :/ Its silly.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Don't blame MFP. One of the hardest things to do is maintain a public database. You have to count on the public and no one in their right mind does that. Wikipedia is the best example and they have discussion tabs and super editors to vet different entries.
    MFP is a great tool in my opinion but you have to have some personal responsibility. Make sure YOU know what you are eating and use the database as a tool that simplifies your tracking.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Please allow users to log weight eaten.
    The requirement to convert weight eaten into servings eaten is bogus and unnecessary arithmetic.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    While we're on the subject, does anyone know what the REAL calorie count is for skinless chicken breast? I find different numbers for this all the time (even when I google) and it's super frustrating.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have a hard life....

tumblr.jpg

690.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    While we're on the subject, does anyone know what the REAL calorie count is for skinless chicken breast? I find different numbers for this all the time (even when I google) and it's super frustrating.

I go with whatever brand or store I'm using, and double check against the packaging the first time I use it... and it varies somewhat.
  • I guess I am confused. How is this your problem? Sounds like its their problem because they arent logging correctly.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Please allow users to log weight eaten.
    The requirement to convert weight eaten into servings eaten is bogus and unnecessary arithmetic.
    You can. Enter or pick an entry as 100 grams, and you can pick one gram from the drop down box and enter the weight.

ETA: Maybe that is a phone app problem. I only use the web.