TIPS for LOSING WEIGHT WITHOUT EXERCISE?

Options
124»

Replies

• shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing really well with your food. Realistically you could eat less, although over time that is going to kill your metabolism. I HIGHLY suggest finding 15-20 minutes a day you could dedicate to a workout. You don't need anything serious, because every little bit counts. Find workouts OnDemand (on cable)/YouTube/Apps/etc. They typically give you the option to find a timed workouts and just DO IT. You'll feel so much better, you'll build muscle that will burn more calories, plus you'll raise your metabolism so you burn more throughout your day.

I know you're probably thinking "but I really don't have time!", so hear me out. I work two jobs, both typically very late so I'm either sleeping in and losing most of my daylight, or getting home when it's too late to make noise. But if you really THINK about your day, you'll be able to find a few minutes here and there. Promise.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Milk is a good source of protein and has a bunch of nutrients. Please could you explain how it is bad for you?

http://www.nutritionmd.org/nutrition_tips/nutrition_tips_understand_foods/dairy.html

http://www.pcrm.org/search/?cid=2104

http://www.naturalnews.com/000930_cows_milk_dairy_products.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/031255_milk_health.html

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/dangers-of-cows-milk/

http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html

Cow milk is designed by nature to grow calves into large cows quickly. It is full of antibiotics, blood, pus, and growth and stress hormones. It has not 'been consumed by all humans for all of history' as many people like to claim. Most of the world does not drink cow milk. It is associated with higher cancer rates, obesity, diabetes, ear infections, colic, asthma, sinus infections, osteoporosis and increased hip fractures.
    The dairy industry wants you to believe that cow milk is good for you as it is highly profitable. That is all.

How about some actual peer reviewed studies rather than articles that show no such thing and at most show a correlation of certain risks and not a causation?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Cow milk is designed by nature to grow calves into large cows quickly. It is full of antibiotics, blood, pus, and growth and stress hormones. It has not 'been consumed by all humans for all of history' as many people like to claim. Most of the world does not drink cow milk. It is associated with higher cancer rates, obesity, diabetes, ear infections, colic, asthma, sinus infections, osteoporosis and increased hip fractures.
    The dairy industry wants you to believe that cow milk is good for you as it is highly profitable. That is all.
    [/quote]

This is all complete nonsense. The milk from the dairy industry is regularly tested for antibiotics and not allowed to be sold if it contains even a trace amount. As far as puss goes, why would a farmer intentionally risk the health of an animal that he depends on for his living by milking it when it has an open sore.

This kind of nonsense has been debunked repeatedly and is nothing but fear mongering. If you have anything in the way a LEGITIMATE studies as has been requested please post but keep the fear mongering propaganda to yourself. Your profile says you are a physician. You should know then that articles that are not backed by peer reviewed studies completely lack credibitly.

My apologies. I've somehow fouled up the quotes and can't seem to fix them.
  • Kynzmomma09
    Kynzmomma09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    seems u should have lost more than 3 lbs in 40 days if ur eating really good.. i think excercising is a big Key in weight loss.. i didnt lose much on weight watchers earlier this yr cuz i was just doing my points, didnt excercise... but since aug/sept ive been doing MFP and working out, zumba...and im down 18 lbs! i know time is hard, i have a 3 yr old and it can get hectic with taking care of the home, kid and working... but if u can get 30 mins in at least 3 days a wk, even if its just circuit training at home or a quick walk, it will help u out.. i take my daughter to zumba with me :) she dances and i get to burn calories :) best of luck to u, just start out slow and get a few workouts in :)
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Milk is not good for you, it is good for cows. If you cut the milk and the wheat, you'll probably drop weight. But, honestly, exercise is the most beneficial. Even if it's just a few minutes a day. It will build muscle and shift your metabolism to burn more calories all day long.

Is this really still a thing? Remind me not to ask you about eggs
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    If you are close to your goal weight the progress will be slower. I have 30 pounds to lose and my progress is generally slow.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 lbs since May without exercise.

But with exercise you lose more, faster, and youll become more fit and energized ( I feel ) so I would make time. You are young, so I dont understand why you wouldnt have the time or energy. Good luck!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys/Gals! I'll try to switch to skim milk, lower to 1Ib per week, and try to get some exercise into my day! Im sure ill find some time to exercise here and there. Thanks for the advice !! Ill try my best to persevere! :)

Even if it's just walking, that will help. Less calories, more exercise = lower numbers on the scale.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Losing weight without exercising is easy. It's called dieting.
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have the worst schedule ever: Work and school full time, and 3 hours commute every day. Single mom, and a house to take care of. I am not by any means a fitness queen, but I have incorporated (on most days) a habit that I do about 50 reps of squats, jumping jacks, and wall pushups every time I go to the bathroom at work. So daily I'm getting 150-300 reps and it really takes no more than a few extra minutes when I go on a bathroom break. I've also got a Gazelle (craigslist for $30!! win!) at home and do 5-15 minutes on it as SOON as I get home. I'm exhausted. I don't have enough sleep. I hate exercise. I'm lazy and not athletic by nature. But I know my body needs it and I know it makes me feel better, and I want to lose weight. I want to increase my body's metabolism. So, I push myself to do it. It gets a little better every day. You just have to want it. That is all.

My mom did lose weight without exercise, she went from 275 to 135. But she had a hip and foot problem and she limited her calories to less than 1000 per day. It worked for her, but I don't think it's going to work for the majority of people out there. But, it is possible. Either way, you have to learn to become very disciplined. She eats very healthy now, tons of veggies.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Milk is not good for you, it is good for cows. If you cut the milk and the wheat, you'll probably drop weight. But, honestly, exercise is the most beneficial. Even if it's just a few minutes a day. It will build muscle and shift your metabolism to burn more calories all day long.

Hey now. Tread lightly.

Everyone knows that the sole reason chicken eggs exist is to feed raccoon. (At least that seems to be the case on my parents' farm.)
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Losing weight without exercising is easy. It's called dieting.

End of thread.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Hey now. Tread lightly.

Everyone knows that the sole reason chicken eggs exist is to feed raccoon. (At least that seems to be the case on my parents' farm.)

The best part is the person who is wearing clothes, lives in a house, drives a car, and shops at a grocery store went on to say drinking cow milk is not natural. Your point is null and void dear, now please remove yourself from the conversation
  • ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know you said you dont have time, but youd be amazed at how successful a workout can be in a short amount of time. I do a 20min workout each night (and then add more in) but in that 20 min I do get a great burn. Id say do what you can even if its only 5 minutes.
  • ettennette
    Options
    you should do regular exercise while maintaining a good diet. it would be so difficult to lose weight faster if you only care about your food intake. do you really know that what you are eating is good for the diet? there may be lists of food that may help you. in http://www.top-5-diets.info/ it gives you tips and the list of food that would make you lost weight faster. but always take note that exercise is also very very important! :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    you should do regular exercise while maintaining a good diet. it would be so difficult to lose weight faster if you only care about your food intake. do you really know that what you are eating is good for the diet? there may be lists of food that may help you. in http://www.top-5-diets.info/ it gives you tips and the list of food that would make you lost weight faster. but always take note that exercise is also very very important! :)

That site is terrible, it actually recommends a 'lemonade detox/colon cleanse'.
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    keep a deficit

and im sure you can find time! :) its possible even 20 minutes

not to be harsh but dont make an excuse, there is ALWAYS time to do a little something. if you keep up a workout you will absolutely see a change and you will lose weight i promise