If I skip drinking water in the morning...

Options

Replies

• NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    "Muscle and fat are two separate and distinct types of tissue," says Cedric X. Bryant, Ph.D., chief exercise physiologist for the American Council on Exercise. "Muscle can't turn into fat any more than wood can turn into metal. But as muscles shrink because of inactivity, fat can fill the space where the muscles used to be, giving the mistaken impression that the muscles have turned to fat."

Shape Magazine
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    "Muscle can't turn into fat any more than wood can turn into metal."

Ironwood is a common name for a large number of woods that have a reputation for hardness. Usage of the name may (or may not) include the tree that yields this wood. Some of the species involved are:

Acacia estrophiolata, Southern ironwood
    Androstachys johnsonii, Lebombo ironwood
    Carpinus caroliniana, American hornbeam
    Casuarina equisetifolia, Common ironwood from Australia
    Casuarinaceae (she-oaks) in general
    Chionanthus foveolatus, Pock ironwood from South Africa
    Choricarpia subargentea, Giant ironwood
    Copaifera spp., Diesel Tree, Kerosene Tree, Kupa'y, Cabismo, or Copaúva
    Diospyros blancoi, Mabolo, Velvet Apple, or Kamagong native to the Philippines
    Erythrophleum chlorostachys, Cooktown ironwood from Australia.
    Eusideroxylon zwageri, Borneo ironwood
    Guaiacum officinale, Lignum vitae
    Guaiacum sanctum, Holywood
    Holodiscus discolor, Ocean Spray or Creambrush
    Hopea odorata, White thingan, Ceylon or Malabar ironwood
    Krugiodendron ferreum, Black Ironwood
    Lophira alata, Red ironwood
    Lyonothamnus floribundus, Lyon tree
    Mesua ferrea, Rose chestnut or Ceylon ironwood or Nahar
    Nestegis apetala, Coastal maire, Broad-leaved maire or Ironwood
    Olea spp., Various olive trees
    Olneya tesota, Desert ironwood
    Ostrya knowltonii, Knowlton's hophornbeam
    Ostrya virginiana, Hophornbeam
    Parrotia persica, Persian ironwood
    Pemphis acidula, Maldivian ironwood
    Tabebuia serratifolia, Ipê, "Brazilian Walnut", Lapacho, Yellow poui
    Vepris lanceolata, The White ironwood tree of South Africa
    Xanthostemon verdugonianus, Philippine Ironwood or Mangkono, endemic to the Philippines

Take THAT, Doctor Professor Anti-alchemy!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    "Muscle and fat are two separate and distinct types of tissue," says Cedric X. Bryant, Ph.D., chief exercise physiologist for the American Council on Exercise. "Muscle can't turn into fat any more than wood can turn into metal. But as muscles shrink because of inactivity, fat can fill the space where the muscles used to be, giving the mistaken impression that the muscles have turned to fat."

Shape Magazine

We're all different, what works for me may not work for you. My muscle turned to fat
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Shape Magazine

I get all my brainfood from shape magazine too!!!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So how many calories do I need to eat daily to keep from entering dehydration mode?

I'm so confused!
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    ^^^ ha ha

you people are so funny
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    So how many calories do I need to eat daily to keep from entering dehydration mode?

I'm so confused!

Not calories, grams of water per day. It's important to get the correct ratio to body weight. Use this formula:

[Year you were born] * [0.0338140225589] = number of fluid oz. of water you should have each day.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    "Muscle can't turn into fat any more than wood can turn into metal."

they haven't seen the latest and greatest vibrators on sale nowadays...
  • MoreBean13
    Options

I'm so confused!

Not calories, grams of water per day. It's important to get the correct ratio to body weight. Use this formula:

[Year you were born] * [0.0338140225589] = number of fluid oz. of water you should have each day.

670 oz water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Will my metabolism slow down? Also, will this cause my muscle to turn to fat?

To keep the metabolism up and prevent muscle from turning to fat I recommend a cleanse. Anything by Dr. Oz would be sufficient.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Will my metabolism slow down? Also, will this cause my muscle to turn to fat?

To keep the metabolism up and prevent muscle from turning to fat I recommend a cleanse. Anything by Dr. Oz would be sufficient.

Can you recommend any supplements to go with my cleanse?
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    just break up.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    All of these response are funny. Really, they are.

Water is what makes people fat. Fat cells are like water balloons, when you fill them with water, they get big, fat, and squishy, and when you empty the water, they get small. You're body is like the package the water balloons come in, if you were to fill all those balloons with water you can fit them back into the package without stretching the package.

Now, your body needs to have a certain amount of water to function, but too much and you're just trying to shove a bunch of fluffy squishy balloons into a little plastic package.

Simple logic.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

I'm so confused!

You forgot to carry the 1 or something. The formula works for me.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Water is what makes people fat. Fat cells are like water balloons, when you fill them with water, they get big, fat, and squishy, and when you empty the water, they get small. You're body is like the package the water balloons come in, if you were to fill all those balloons with water you can fit them back into the package without stretching the package.

Now, your body needs to have a certain amount of water to function, but too much and you're just trying to shove a bunch of fluffy squishy balloons into a little plastic package.

Simple logic.

How do you get your cat to sit there like that?
  • MoreBean13
    Options

I'm so confused!

You forgot to carry the 1 or something. The formula works for me.

LOL you're right, missed the second 0. Good thing I'm not an engineer or anything.....
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Simple logic.

With water.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You'll be better off if you skip water because it's full of the bad carbs.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Simple logic.

With water.
    He didn't give it water and it turned into a raccoon.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Replace water with bacon.

Problem solved.