Sixers Valentine Vixens Week 5

Options
1235»

Replies

• its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Hey sixers! sorry I have been absent, ive been reading and logging on i just havent had a lot of time available to post.

And even now I am going to have to make it short,

Did good on calories until last night, went to a party and went way over by a lot. Ive been working out hard, week 4 of C25K is much harder!!! the two five minute runs with the three minute runs in between is killing me. Ive been doing swimming, zumba, and stair master as extras with some weights. Tomorrow my family is heading up north to go snowboarding for the day, I am super excited to go! I havent been snowboarding in almost 2 years!!!!! I babysit tonight, which should be interesting. I am at work now, but i REALLY need to do laundry and figure out if i have snow pants for tomorrow! o.0 I dont have a winter coat either so this should be REALLY interesting.

Well I need to get back to work, I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!
    B

p.s. did we settle on a name? Shamrock Shaking Sixers? ShamROCKING sixers? whats it going to be ladies?
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I like either name. I think I like Shamrock Shaking Sixers better, but I like them both.

I've been doing better with my exercise and water. I even surpassed my goals yesterday. My goals yesterday were to walk to pick up the kids from school (1.6 miles round-trip yesterday since we had to walk back into the school for a forgotten water bottle) and drink 6 cups of water. I did that, but ended up drinking a 7th cup, AND after the kids got to bed, I hopped up on the treadmill and walked another 1.2 miles! :bigsmile: I enjoy my treadmill, but it is in my living room in front of the tv, so I put in my earphones, listen to good walking music and watch whatever I want on tv. I stay well entertained and work out at the same time. I don't think I would like it nearly as much in a gym or hotel.

My goals today are to walk 1.5 miles outside (beautiful warm day) and drink 7 cups of water. I've already done the walking, and I have 2 cups in already.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yea! I drank all my water today! I think that is usually my biggest challenge! Exercised today, got out and did some yard work, first day over 35! It's nice to have some sun on my face and feel some warm air. Anyway have a great weekend everyone!
    Sandy
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Test Friday and 30 hour call tomorrow... so needless to say I am going to be mia for a while:

I did a good job with my nutrition and squeezed in a good workout (exercise bike + weights) with the bf. [ by good job I mean, I ate about 1600 cals, and burned around 400 cals.]

I even went on a quick grocery run at the last minute! lol... got fish, fruits/veggies/ salad etc.
    Even prepared lunch/dinner for tomorrow. I'm back on call for 30 hours tomorrow. So wish me luck!

What I packed in my lunch cooler/bag(got it from target and it's stylish and cute! :-) :
    Lunch: chicken noodle soup + mixed salad with tomatoes (and lite dressing)

Dinner: baked tilapia (2 pieces) + 4 broccoli spears

Snack: carrot sticks + cheese square (80 cals) + granola
    and I'm bringing exercise shoes and a jump rope just in case I can't get to the gym (we're not supposed to leave the hospital but sometimes they are nice and will let you leave for 45 mins or so!)
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! You know what i like about MFP.... and all of you - This is the only place I know where we congratulate everyone for being "losers". :laugh: Have a good day!
    Sandy
  • gonabfit
    Options
    yay for the yardwork and water!!! Great job! I like the support we get here too! :-D

I woke up and did taebo before school/work. I'm already busy working hard! Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday!
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Hello!

I've been having a good week for the most part. I decided to give up negativity to Lent, because I am a firm believer that your thoughts and energy affect your life and what happens in it. I'm generally very positive, but I have just gotten really negative lately, especially through my many months of unemployment, and then a long very cold winter, and now adjusting to working full time again and not having time to keep the house clean every day. It's taking some effort to make my thoughts more positive again, but I'm definitely focusing on that.

So, the big thing I've been working on lately besides my job is that we're buying a house! We close at the end of March (or maybe sooner) and it's a pretty big house at a FANTASTIC price. Mostly because we moved from a town in Florida where a 1900 square foot house would easily be $250,000-300,000 and we're paying way less than half of that. It's pretty exciting. The house needs some cosmetic work -- mostly just changing out lighting fixtures and faucets, and a little bit of patching up a few places on the walls. We're also putting in new carpet, and thinking about laminate floors for part of it. And lots of landscaping. My exercise plan this spring is hard work and manual labor.

I haven't been cooking a ton lately, but I did make a great loaf of italian herb bread on Friday, and I'm planning a pot of chili for some time this week. I also have two birthdays coming up in the next few weeks (my best friend and my brother), so I'm sure I'll do some baking to mail off to them. I know my friend wants a batch of marshmallows, but my brother is a walking stick figure and only eats fast food, so maybe he'll just get an McDonald's card instead of something homemade.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

-Alison
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hey ladies, sorry to have missed a week. It has been a rough one. Long story short, Cathy, you won't be hearing much about the boy anymore I'm afraid.

So in appropriate break-up mode I have been stuffing my face with well, anything that I can see in my apartment for the last 5 days so I am thinking weigh in on Tuesday will be awful. But after today its back on the wagon. I gave myself a few days to wallow and now I'm done.

So anyways, there's my explanation. I'm so sorry to have missed a week but I'll be back with this next weigh in for sure! :heart:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    ali....how fun. i love doing that sorta stuff.
    amylou...sorry to hear of breakup. it's ok, i am going to have a bad weigh in too.
    tiff...work, study, study, work. i bet you'll be glad when it's just work.

i ate friday, saturday, today. will be a bad weight in. but, it's life. and it goes on.

DH dug up the garden spot today, so this week i will be out there getting dirty and plowing for the seeds. need to send off for them.

later
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    AmyLou: I'm sorry to hear about that. In rough times, I just tell myself that everything happens for a reason, and even if it doesn't seem like there is a reason or a positive right now, there definitely will be. Maybe now you're freed up to meet the man of your dreams.

Cathy: Have fun with the planting! I used to help my parents some when I lived at home, but I've been in apartments for almost 10 years now, so other than my house plants, I haven't been able to do much fun outside planting.

I made my second ever batch of cheese tonight! It's ricotta and it's delicious! Making cheese is such a cool process, and super easy. It's basically heating a gallon of milk with some sort of acid and then separating the fluffy white curds into cheese cloth and letting it drain a bit. I hadn't planned on making cheese tonight, but then I found a recipe in one of my favorite magazines (ReadyMade) and it seemed a little different than the recipe I used the first time, and the cheese this time is so so so much tastier! Between the homemade bread and the homemade cheese, I don't have high hopes for my weigh-in on Tuesday. It's okay though, I'm sure my weight will keep going down slowly.

-Alison
  • gonabfit
    Options
    somehow my good plans backfired and I ate terribly today. I will do better tomorrow and I have drawn the line and am definitely going to eat better... today was just such a hectic day and even though I planned well, i didn't have time to make it work how I should. I'm going to be gentle with myself, note my mistake and move on. I have bigger things to worry with right now, like doing well in Neurology!

BACK ON PLAN TOMORROW!

:-) Wooohooo

*sorry for your break up, It's good that you allowed yourself time to be sad and down, you are human... and I love your idea of giving up negativity!!!

Cathy- yes, somehow work seems more enticing than working AND studying for tests every month. But step by step I'm getting closer!

Ricotta cheese sounds good! I need to start making more things!

---> Sixers, I hope you have a great week! I am going to buckle down, study hard, make it happen, then I have 2 parties on Friday night after my test, and my sister's bday on Saturday! 2/27!!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning....

bad few days, it's ok, i will survive. i had a good breakfast. getting ready to dress and do my weekly cleaning/luandry. rain today, so can't finish the veggie bed. will get my order ready for the plants and my list ready for planting.

tomorrow starts our last week on this challenge and than onto the next one.

back later, really need to get it in gear other wise i would just sit here and play games.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Quick check in...

Been sick since last week Wednesday evening...SUCKS! Kadence has been sick...no sleep...no exercise...poor eating choices!

We shall see how weigh-in goes tomorrow...

Here's the new weeks thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/82779-sixers-valentine-vixens-week-6
  • chipper15173
    Options
    cleaning all done. laundry in the works now.
    just had the best lunch. i had sauteed up some onions, green peppers, spinach, chicken breast, and a little cheese and put it all in tortilla wraps. ohhh, so good. i think grapes for snack. food lion had grapes for .88 a pound.
    tired today for some reason, could be the rain.

later
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Got my 1.5 mile walk yesterday in the park on a walking trail with major hills! Drank 8 cups of water! Made my goals! bigsmile

As of Saturday morning, I gained about a pound since Tuesday. I'm thinking I may have lost water weight in the last couple of weeks, since I tend to dehydrate easily and I've increased my water this week. I got on the scale out of curiosity this morning and had lost 0.4 of that pound.

Goals today:
    Walk 1.5 miles on treadmill (raining today)
    Drink 9 cups of water

Lauryn, Alison - You two live near me. Did you have thunder early this morning too? Luckily it didn't last long.

Amy Lou - I'm sorry to hear about the break up.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    cleaning all done. laundry in the works now.
    just had the best lunch. i had sauteed up some onions, green peppers, spinach, chicken breast, and a little cheese and put it all in tortilla wraps. ohhh, so good. i think grapes for snack. food lion had grapes for .88 a pound.
    tired today for some reason, could be the rain.

later
    oooooh sounds yummy! I am fixin something chicken today too. It is thawing in the fridge! Tired? That has been my personality this past month. With my thyroid med mix up and this sinus infection I am wiped, but I perservere, just ran in the 7* weather 2.5 miles and WILL do my P90X weight workout this afternoon before starting dinner!
    You say you are prepping your garden? Wasn't it very muddy after your snow? I can never get my stuff planted until the third week of May! Still too much mud and the nights still freeze! We have had snow in June too so we just never know! How is your muscles feeling? I always soak in a hot tub with Epson salt when I hurt, lots of healing minerals in it and I really think it helps! I tore a ham string yrs ago and when I do my walking lunges etc it still bothers me on that leg. You can do this, hang in there!
    Verda
  • chipper15173
    Options
    oooooh sounds yummy! I am fixin something chicken today too. It is thawing in the fridge! Tired? That has been my personality this past month. With my thyroid med mix up and this sinus infection I am wiped, but I perservere, just ran in the 7* weather 2.5 miles and WILL do my P90X weight workout this afternoon before starting dinner!
    You say you are prepping your garden? Wasn't it very muddy after your snow? I can never get my stuff planted until the third week of May! Still too much mud and the nights still freeze! We have had snow in June too so we just never know! How is your muscles feeling? I always soak in a hot tub with Epson salt when I hurt, lots of healing minerals in it and I really think it helps! I tore a ham string yrs ago and when I do my walking lunges etc it still bothers me on that leg. You can do this, hang in there!
    Verda

we haven't had rain or anything since. a dry week. it's just right for digging. it's raining today. we can plant here around late march early april. yes, my muscles are much better. i do have some epson salt for tomorrows bath. i go back tomorrow to start this weeks workouts.
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well, did my weigh in today.

SW - 215 lbs
    CW - 198.5 lbs
    Lost - 16.5 Lbs

Cardio - 4 out of the last 7
    Water - 4 out of the last 7
    Calories 4 out of the last 7