The Friend Zone

Options

Replies

• tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mevpesHvvp1qffloyo1_500.png
    Isn't this the basis for every romantic comedy... ever?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    lol glad i married my best friend
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    haha, soooo true!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    whyyyyyy do women do this? Seriously.

multiple reasons why it could happen and i don't think it's women's fault

a) some guys dont make it 100% clear they are interested in being more than friends. not everyone is a mind reader - not even women - so for some people you have to be explicit in your intentions. i know for me, when guys try to be my friend i take it as that and don't even think they are hitting on me simply because they have a penis.

b) just like some women, some dudes dont have enough self respect to remove themselves from a situation that isnt in their best interest.
    2)
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to marry the best friend I never had interest in before.

True story, bro.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Why can't guys just be our friend?
    Nature never intended this to be the case.

That's sad because I find it difficult to maintain girl-friends ....guys are soooo easy going
    I agree and in fact I have a lot of guy friends while only a handful of girl friends although I think this has more to do with my easy going attitude as well. To be honest I hate the dramas that most women do.

However generally speaking, guys don't approach a woman and "befriend" her just to become his friend. So whenever a guy approaches you and is trying to be friendly to you, 99% of the time he is fantasizing you unless he is either gay or is married/in a committed relationship.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm getting ready to marry the best friend I never had interest in before.

True story, bro.
    Best wishes for both of you! I also hope to marry mine someday.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    13zvmn9.png
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    Would this be better??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa3lJ8hxWefoqP59szEg5nSapZHx5VIXLYFmg9dw8V1rCwCnWN25NVljloLw

D*mn that's hot!

The friends with benefits zone is where you put the attractive women who you could never seriously date. They are my favorite type of friends. Girls that get put in the friend zone aren't attractive to me. One of my closests friends is a female and I'm glad we never hooked up; we are actual friends.
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    funny and true
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    13zvmn9.png

Yes!! Love me some Sheldon!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    DUDE! I'm a girl and I've been friend zoned. hahaha. Same thing but with the added bonus of: "We're going to have you do our laundry and buy our Christmas gifts..." ;)

:explode:
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    13zvmn9.png

Yes!! Love me some Sheldon!

Yes he's awesome!! ;)
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Why can't guys just be our friend?
    Nature never intended this to be the case.

That's sad because I find it difficult to maintain girl-friends ....guys are soooo easy going
    I agree and in fact I have a lot of guy friends while only a handful of girl friends although I think this has more to do with my easy going attitude as well. To be honest I hate the dramas that most women do.

However generally speaking, guys don't approach a woman and "befriend" her just to become his friend. So whenever a guy approaches you and is trying to be friendly to you, 99% of the time he is fantasizing you unless he is either gay or is married/in a committed relationship.

Yes ...Drama !! I totally agree...I had one friend that acted like I was her boyfriend or something...she would get mad at me if I didn't call her /keep her updated constantly.... she was too much maintenance !!

I think the only time I really had a true guy friend was in kindergarten ...lol
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Would this be better??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa3lJ8hxWefoqP59szEg5nSapZHx5VIXLYFmg9dw8V1rCwCnWN25NVljloLw

D*mn that's hot!

The friends with benefits zone is where you put the attractive women who you could never seriously date. They are my favorite type of friends. Girls that get put in the friend zone aren't attractive to me. One of my closests friends is a female and I'm glad we never hooked up; we are actual friends.

Do you actually have a friends with benefits zone??
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    im marrying a guy that was in my friend zone for 10 years :) worth it. he is so amazing. im so glad i gave him a shot.

I married a guy I met online and that was a friend zone for 4 years. We finally decided to date and did so online for 2 years. He came up here to go to college and to be with me. After college we got married and have been for 4 years. (Started dating 10 years ago).

Seriously best thing ever to happen. It might sound cliche but he is my best friend and I don't know what I'd do without him.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    Seriously! Even being a decent look guy I still get put in the friend zone cuz I'm awesome and a really nice guy. :(
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Seriously! Even being a decent look guy I still get put in the friend zone cuz I'm awesome and a really nice guy. :(

I doubt you were really friend zoned, just saying
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options

I doubt you were really friend zoned, just saying

I agree....:)
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options

I am guilty of trying to friendzone someone who I found attractive...but they didn't fall for it...lol...(they split once they found out it wasn't going to happen).... so maybe that girl who was trying to friendzone you was just trying to save you as eye candy ... .. that girl was being selfish like I was... :( ( I would never do that again)