• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Two heaping teaspoons and I m full.

full on two TEAspoons?

impossible I say!
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    PB2 with slightly less water than called for AND add a pinch of salt - FANTASTIC!
  • lindseymaepatz
    lindseymaepatz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a peanut butter sandwich almost everyday for lunch. I'm doubting you actually put 6 tbsp of peanut butter on yours though... I usually put 1.5 on mine and that seems like a lot to me. I also only eat Smuckers natural chunky peanut butter... the only ingredient is peanuts which is only contributing a 'good' fat. If you were eating 6 tbsp of Skippy or Jif creamy then that's a whole other problem.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    6 Tbsp? Was that an error or are you really using 6 Tbsp? I love PB and I will put 1 Tbsp on an apple or on a banana. If you heat up the PB a little it works well for dipping apple/banana slices.
  • _TEMPEST_
    Options
    Great...now I am craving PB. LMAO
  • maddieprice87
    maddieprice87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    6 tablespoons is a lot (if a tbsp is 15g, you are apparently having nearly 100g PB on each slice, which would be a fifth of a normal size jar!)- do you mean teaspoons? Get some cheap digital scales and weigh the bread before and after you put PB on (also get one with no added sugar- whole earth do a great one) so you can calculate the calories from the weight of it- normally 20-30g is about enough for a sandwich.

If you are wanting to try something else in the same vein, I recommend unsweetened almond butter- it's slightly better for you and because it's got a runnier consistency it goes further, so you use less, so it's less cals and you still get the indulgent taste. REALLY good with honey.
  • maddieprice87
    maddieprice87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great...now I am craving PB. LMAO

me too! I had to stop keeping it in though as I have a tendency to snack on it a LOT when it is in, and it adds up!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I so totally want a peanut butter sandwich now....
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    OMG 6 tablespoons!? Thats a little ridiculous....my peanut butter says 2 is the serving size and I usually only eat about 3/4 of that! PORTION CONTROL PORTION CONTROL PORTION CONTROL....thats all I have to say about that....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Two heaping teaspoons and I m full.

full on two TEAspoons?

impossible I say!

Two "heaping" teaspoons is probably at least 1.5 tablespoons.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Bump for later... Good ideas from people
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Is that PB2 any good?

Not to me. Rather eat real and just eat less of it.

this

plus it's expensive

Really?!! You people don't like the PB2?!! I love it and tell everyone about it! I eat it on sandwiches, on apples, toast, celery, whatever! I love peanut butter but I can have 2x the pb2 for LESS calories than one serving of regular!

Try it at least once if you have not yet. My only thing is you might have to play with the suggested water to add to get to a consistency you prefer.

I've had it. It wasn't terrible. The real thing is better and if I'm wanting peanut butter, PB2 isn't going to help.
  • abbyface
    Options
    6 tablespoons is 1/3 cup. Add to that a banana and honey. How do you get that all on 1 piece of bread? Do you eat that with a fork?
    I've been wondering about this, too. 2Tbsp of PB is already a lot for one slice!

Maybe it's a monster-sized piece of bread? (in which case, >>100 Calories/slice)
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    6 tablespoons is 1/3 cup. Add to that a banana and honey. How do you get that all on 1 piece of bread? Do you eat that with a fork?
    I've been wondering about this, too. 2Tbsp of PB is already a lot for one slice!

Maybe it's a monster-sized piece of bread? (in which case, >>100 Calories/slice)
    Maybe the OP slices the loaf in half. Then I could see needing 6 tablespoons. It's all relative.
    In which case, I don't think it's the peanut butter holding them back.