grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    HELL to the NO.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Hey Im s'posed to go to that tonight

Oh.

We mean it'll be a great show and you'll have an amazing time!

(is she still here?)

HAHAHAHA its more than just this happening :P i love rock n roll, all of it. Besides, when this goes down in history as a bad idea, I can say I was there LMAO

Please, take pictures!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Can't do any worse than Cobain did, right?

:noway: :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: :yawn: :huh:

You love me. Tell me why he's a "god" again?
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    A disaster to help victims of a disaster....seems fitting.

This.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I saw Paul McCartney interviewed yesterday and I think he has some degenerative disease, his speach was slurred. Obviously he is otherwise functional, hope he is OK.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    That's terrible. Is Dave just doing this to piss Courtney off or what?

Ok now its a good idea. Get Tori Amos and Maynard Keenan in on it too and make it one big middle finger to Courtney yeah?

HA!!!
    Yay, Maynard fan! <3
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Paul McCartney is replacing the late Kurt Cobain tonight in a Nirvana "reunion" for the sandy relief concert.

Thoughts?

I think it's going to be terrible, and I can't believe they are doing it..

I agree with you. I like Paul McCartney and love most Beatles tunes, but he is NOT Kurt Cobain and is too "pop" to be grunge.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Maybe he'll scream at just the right pitch to stop his own heart.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Ummm WHAT? That's f*ckin terrible. :: punches wall:: Kurts rolling in his grave right now.
  • TylerJ76
    Options

I never claimed he was.

However, I think his music/lyrics are pretty f*cking amazing...:happy:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Pff, they should have taken Lizzy from Halestorm instead.
  • TylerJ76
    Options

That would be 100x better.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options

I never claimed he was.

However, I think his music/lyrics are pretty f*cking amazing...:happy:

You know I'm messing. Though, I don't agree. Smooches, Clark! :wink:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Smells like Bengay?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was seriously thinking that there is no way 70-something year old Paul McCartney can keep up with 20-something year old Kurt Cobain. I mean, McCartney was way past his prime when Kurt was still a gleam in his daddy's eye!

Of course the irony is that Cobain can't keep up with McCartney because McCartney is the one that's alive.

I seriously doubt that McCartney will get up there yelling and screaming. I have only known about this for 3 minutes, but i would guess if you think they are going to play a Nirvana concert, you'd be mistaken. I would think that they would play songs that fit McCartney. Yes, he's old - but a) he's still a legend and b) he can still perform.

I trust Grohl and I trust McCartney as musicians. and that's why i don't think it will be a train wreck.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    "Paul McCartney will slay the hell out of any Nirvana classic because he's still got it, and he's a badass closet grunge rocker"
    - said no one ever.

love me some Nirvana... love Paul... but that's the worst idea since Madonna thought she should cling to relevancy by gyrating in a leotard with Psy. I'm sorry, but after watching Paul's cringe-worthy 'performance' at the Olympics ceremony singing off key and sounding like herbert the pervert crooning in the shower, he should really just bow out gracefully and stick to his animal rights work...

Just my two cents
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    That's terrible. Is Dave just doing this to piss Courtney off or what?

Ok now its a good idea. Get Tori Amos and Maynard Keenan in on it too and make it one big middle finger to Courtney yeah?

Now this makes more sense. :laugh:

Enjoy your night Yoovie and give us a good update tomorrow! :)
  • azwethinkweizm
    azwethinkweizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nooooooooo....
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Yes! Or Shaun Morgan from Seether. Whenever he does a Nirvana cover song, it feels like I'm at a Nirvana concert.

I love Paul, but no. Dave Grohl is in love with him and has clouded judgement. I would go though, for satire's sake.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    You know I'm messing. Though, I don't agree. Smooches, Clark! :wink:

Go away.
    :tongue:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Smells like Bengay?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was seriously thinking that there is no way 70-something year old Paul McCartney can keep up with 20-something year old Kurt Cobain. I mean, McCartney was way past his prime when Kurt was still a gleam in his daddy's eye!

Of course the irony is that Cobain can't keep up with McCartney because McCartney is the one that's alive.

I seriously doubt that McCartney will get up there yelling and screaming. I have only known about this for 3 minutes, but i would guess if you think they are going to play a Nirvana concert, you'd be mistaken. I would think that they would play songs that fit McCartney. Yes, he's old - but a) he's still a legend and b) he can still perform.

I trust Grohl and I trust McCartney as musicians. and that's why i don't think it will be a train wreck.

Yeah, honestly, that is what I was thinking to. It won't be Nirvana songs by McCartney. It will be McCartney with Nirvana as backup.

I've got nothing against McCartney. I was just saying that his prime was way over when Cobain was at the top of his game.