What is considered tall?

Options
124»

Replies

• PinkyQT
    PinkyQT Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    LOL someone said that a 6ft3 guy is average... where do you live... I want to like there haha.

Also 5ft4-5ft6 is average for a woman.

I'm 5ft7.5, can someone explain why jeans never fit, skirts are too short... if I'm just average? lol :P my legs are 34 inches (inseam) long! average women are 28-30
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    There is an organization that gives scholarships to tall students (http://tall.org/tci-acts/scholarships-2/) and here are their requirements to be considered tall:

"You must also meet the TCI height requirement minimums. (5’10″ for women and 6’2″ for men.)"
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    PinkyQT wrote: »

I'm 5ft7.5, can someone explain why jeans never fit, skirts are too short... if I'm just average? lol :P my legs are 34 inches (inseam) long! average women are 28-30

The explanation is that you have long legs, not that you are tall. I am 5'10" and I have a long torso, not long legs, I wear average length jeans (I can never find shirts that are long enough!) but I am considered tall.
  • PinkyQT
    PinkyQT Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    fitcrt wrote: »
    PinkyQT wrote: »

The explanation is that you have long legs, not that you are tall. I am 5'10" and I have a long torso, not long legs, I wear average length jeans (I can never find shirts that are long enough!) but I am considered tall.

I guess so! I think most people here don't actually know their height. Because I fail to see how an average man is 6ft3 or an average woman is 5ft8. The men I see are normally 5ft9/8 and women are 5ft2.

That must be annoying! I have freakishly long arms so most long sleeve tops are ridiculously short
  • kat_snowflake
    kat_snowflake Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know this is a necro'd thread, but where on earth are people living where 5'7 is average for women and 6'0+ is average for men? I'd think 5'5 is about average for women, and 5'10 for men in the US.

Try Holland, Germany, anywhere in Scandinavia really ;)

I'm 5.8/1.73 and I have never considered myself tall, more like average. I have always found that a quick shopping trip to the Netherlands is the fastest way to make myself feel short.

Having said that living in England I have suddenly acquired "tall" status... (doesn't make me tall as such but hey!)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    2012 THREAD NO ONE CARES ANYMORE!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Well, you po
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

We know. You posted this before, yet even after you did, people commented. If people DO care, why do YOU care?

I am just a hair under 6 feet. I'm TALL. Just ask my ankles each winter when they are exposed :)
  • Michla518
    Michla518 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9". According to the wiki article, that's tall in every country listed..lol
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I think that's average, maybe even a little short sometimes. I don't think 5'7 is tall, maybe just a bit taller than average.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Well, you po
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

We know. You posted this before, yet even after you did, people commented. If people DO care, why do YOU care?

I am just a hair under 6 feet. I'm TALL. Just ask my ankles each winter when they are exposed :)
    Then people should start a new thread and not resurrect one from 2012!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    5 ft 9 here!!!!!! B)