Why do people lose weight for the wrong reasons?

Options

Replies

• TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If appearance is your only concern in losing weight, you'll most likely end up a statistic who regains the weight in a year (or 5) and then some.

So if a person is sick of being overweight and they don't like the way they look and they want to feel better about themselves by losing weight they are a statistic? That is basically what you're saying. Right?
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    not your body, not your business. Enough said.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Um. I don't hate on "sluts" at a bar, and this is totally unrelated to that. My point is that there are wrong reasons to want to lose weight if it's not a long-term lifestyle change. Doing it for a short-term goal and that ALONE is not reasonable.

Curse all the fatties that want to look skinny and not be called a fatty straight to hell then..... those shallow, shallow jerkfaces.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Um. I don't hate on "sluts" at a bar, and this is totally unrelated to that. My point is that there are wrong reasons to want to lose weight if it's not a long-term lifestyle change. Doing it for a short-term goal and that ALONE is not reasonable.

Who are you to care??
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing about why people create posts

Bingo.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing about why people create posts

^^^ Perfect
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    There's no "right" or "wrong" reason to lose weight. Just because I, or someone else, may think a reason is stupid doesn't make it "wrong".
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Haters+Gonna+Hate+OC.+I+literally+just+finished+making+this_bb868e_3521784.gif
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    No wrong reasons, just wrong ways to go about doing it.! Just make sure we do it for our own selves!
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options

Curse all the fatties that want to look skinny and not be called a fatty straight to hell then..... those shallow, shallow jerkfaces.

Haha I think I love you
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    If appearance is your only concern in losing weight, you'll most likely end up a statistic who regains the weight in a year (or 5) and then some.

Where's your scientific source for this? Or is this your personal opinion?

Sounds like you're one of those girls who hate on the sluts at the bar too. Don't be that girl.

Wait.
    Just Wait....

WHO WOULD HATE ON SLUTS @ THE BAR??!?!!??!?!

*can't wrap my head around this*
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Why do people pass judment on the goals of other people?
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    As long as people are getting healthy who cares what the reasons are!?! Everyone has their own goals and reasons for getting into shape. Their reasons may even change and evolve with time. We can only take on what we are ready for after all. Worry about your own goals, it is not your place to tell people that their reasons are wrong. There is not one right way nor one right reason. Reasons are as individual as people are.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options

Where's your scientific source for this? Or is this your personal opinion?

Sounds like you're one of those girls who hate on the sluts at the bar too. Don't be that girl.

Wait.
    Just Wait....

WHO WOULD HATE ON SLUTS @ THE BAR??!?!!??!?!

*can't wrap my head around this*

YOU LUV DEM HOES.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Where are the sluts?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    YOU LUV DEM HOES.

You know me all too well.
    :blushing:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    There's no wrong reason to lose weight if you're doing it in a healthy way to look and feel better. I really hate to see girls doing on silly 500 calorie diets starving themselves to fit into a certain wedding dress. Our neighbour lost a ton of weight for her wedding but told everyone that she was having some stomach issues. She's now gained it all back plus more and admits she willingly stopped eating so she could have her tiny wedding dress. Stupid part is it looks like her husband married someone else because she was only at that weight for about a month!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

False. I've been maintaining for over a year and I did it for looks.

Why do you care why other people want to lose weight?

^^^This.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    is there really a wrong reason to lose weight? Isn't that kind of like giving to charity for the wrong reason?
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    There's a wrong reason? Every person is different. What seems shallow to you may mean the world to someone else.

Don't judge.

I was just going to say the same thing. Everyone has different reasons but I don't think that makes one "right" or "wrong" I think it just makes it their personal motivation. That's just how it is nothing is ever set in stone and changed for every person!