Music/songs that make you emotional

Options
n0ob
n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
Do you have any music/songs that make you emotional?

I find the Forest Gump score does for me. I used to play it to our son as an infant to help him go to sleep. Always chokes me up no matter what I'm doing or where I am when I hear it.

Replies

• mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    Bette Midler, Wind Beneath My Wings *wipes eye*
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Kite by U2. Listened to it frequently when my Mom was battling, and losing, to cancer. When I hear it now I immediately tear up.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Right now can't get enough of "Ten Years" by Rev Theory .... I got emotional a few times, not heavily but a lil....
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    The Fray - You found me.

Eminem - Not afraid.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Almost anything by Thomas Newman, but especially "Whisper of a Thrill" (the main theme from Meet Joe Black).
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Eric Clapton's - Tears in Heaven.

Doesn't make me emotional; per se... But when I hear it, I'm reminded of the tragedy that occured for him to write it (His 4 year old son's death). And that's pretty sad. It would be awefull to have that happen.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Also..

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Face Down
  • elly_bean83
    elly_bean83 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    "Baskets" by Dan Mangan. A song about growing old...makes me teary eyed every time. If you've never heard of him, look him up. He's a great Canadian singer/songwriter!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    "How Great thou Art", "Silent Night" and "you Raise Me up" by Josh Groban. Most Christmas carols get me. I'm a mess this time of year!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Sissy's Song- Alan Jackson....Reminds of how young my mom was when she passed.
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    "Family Portrait" by P!nk
    "Beam Me Up" by P!nk
    "Who Knew" by P!nk
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith
    "Shimmer" & "Hemorrhage" by Fuel

those are a few.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    anything with bagpipes-- tear right up-- my kids make fun of me, my 10 yo likes to put bagpipes on in the house just to mess with me... little b@strd.

Me too. My mother loved them, so we had a bagpiper play at sunset at her funeral. Now I break down whenever I hear them.
  • soaringlikeaneagle70
    Options
    Do you have any music/songs that make you emotional?

I find the Forest Gump score does for me. I used to play it to our son as an infant to help him go to sleep. Always chokes me up no matter what I'm doing or where I am when I hear it.
    Worship songs and some romantic songs
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Flogging Molly - If I ever leave this world alive.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Taps
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    old Christmas songs.. Perry Como/Bing Crosby. reminds me of my grandma and sitting in her living room when I was a kid around the holidays. Very nostalgic.

and a few songs by Death Cab for Cutie. Especially Transatlanticism.
  • bearsgal9
    Options
    Tyrone Wells - "When All Is Said And Done"... It makes me think of my dad who passed away in '04 and first time I heard it live I just lost it! His voice and lyrics just give me chills!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9-QIvDA_X8
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Sissy's Song - Alan Jackson

My friend's little niece passed away a few years ago from Leukemia...she was 5. One of her relatives made a slide show set to this song. Ever since I saw that video...by the time I get to the first chorus & I'm toast.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Fake It by Seether. It makes me want to kick some *kitten*. It sorta works like a punching bag when someone has pissed me off.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Has to be this. Somewhere in Time, By John Barry

http://youtu.be/upkHzM_9cHA