Tall, Perfect bmi but I look OBESE why!???

Please help! I'm 5'10 155 pounds and I just look so fat! When I see other girls my height and weight they look so skinny without much fat to grab at all but I have big thighs and hips, not big bones just pure fat! Even at my lowest weight of 125 I had this fat on my legs. So why is this? Do I have like stupidly small bones or something? My silhouette looks so slim but I'm not at all, even my knees are fat. So how can I fix this? Do I need to exercise more? I hope you can understand what I mean coz I feel like the only person who can be so tall have a low weight and STILL look fat! Had to get that off my chest lol

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Well if your pictures are accurate you in no way look obese.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Do you workout? What type?
  • Thank you but thats what I mean like my silhouette looks slim but I have a LOT of fat handfuls covering my bones rather than having skin tight to my bones, just wondering how to get that firm kind of body instead of pudgey? And does anyone have a similar problem?
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    wight lift and exercise

it will solve it seff in a wear
  • I do a lot of walking and sometimes running but don't work out enough probably do you think that's what I need to do? Please could you suggest some exercises that will help me tighten up but not gain muscle?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Thank you but thats what I mean like my silhouette looks slim but I have a LOT of fat handfuls covering my bones rather than having skin tight to my bones, just wondering how to get that firm kind of body instead of pudgey? And does anyone have a similar problem?

ahhhh - like Skinny Fat? Lift weights - strength train. Diet alone probably won't help you on this one.
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Yuuup, that's your problem. If you wanna fix it you need to do cardio exercies and strength trainign that targets your legs to tone them up. Just be patient and keep at it...it takes time but it'll give you results
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    I do a lot of walking and sometimes running but don't work out enough probably do you think that's what I need to do? Please could you suggest some exercises that will help me tighten up but not gain muscle?

lifting20what20women20think.jpg?w=580&h=362

Read the following piece of information well if you're actually serious. There are links to some good starting programs listed there too.

http://4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh's_Worksheet_(WIP)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    where is Yoovie??? she's your height, and about ten pounds heavier then you.

and she looks amazing.

you know why??

she lifts.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    strength train!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best advice anyone ever gave me :)
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    This is a body image issue that originates in your brain. It's not what other people see. :flowerforyou:
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Based on your pictures, you're definitely skinny. You must have a poor body image... when I was 160 (i'm 5'11") I thought I was heavy despite what everyone told me. I've gained weight back, so I can definitely look back at pictures and see myself as I was and realize the error of my ways. If you really think you're heavy, what I suggest is looking at http://www.mybodygallery.com/ and seeing what women with your height, weight, and shape look like. I'd also suggest possibly getting a big piece of paper and having someone trace your body so you can see the size of yourself as someone else might.
  • BrittanyErica
    BrittanyErica Posts: 74 Member
    rather than having skin tight to my bones
    this would require an eating disorder..
    lift. and girl.. lift heavy. from what you've described, you have very, very little muscle in your body. i havent looked at pictures on your profile, i''m just going by what you've said.
    and by the way, from what i see in your profile picture, you're beautiful <3
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    where is Yoovie??? she's your height, and about ten pounds heavier then you.

and she looks amazing.

you know why??

she lifts.
    ^Bingo.

It sounds like you have a high BF%. Your best bet would be to eat at a deficit and lift heavy.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    try kettlebells, they are fun and effective
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    So why is this? Do I have like stupidly small bones or something?

No, it's body composition. BMI is useless. You need to increase muscle mass, decrease body fat percentage. Track your body fat and the mirror, not BMI or scale weight.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    You need to lift weights. Why would you not want to gain muscle? You said you want to get rid of fat, getting strong will help you to do that. There are tons of threads on here where women have posted pics of their results from lifting. You could even start out with body weight exercises. I have an app on my ipad that is "You are you own gym". It has tons of videos of very challenging moves that you can do at home if you can't make it to the gym. Get strong! You will like what you see.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Uh... You're 5'10" at 155 pounds? And you have "handfuls" of fat? Uh... are you sure you don't have some kind of body dismorphic disorder? "Obese" is a pretty strong word for someone of your size. Anyways, if you're trying to become leaner, yes... start lifting.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    I would definitely start working out. I was a dancer in high school and gymnast and always felt i had thick legs. I think its important to do lifting and really work hard to tone that part of your body. I recommend Jillian Michael's body revolution 90 program. I got great results. I am doing insanity now but I miss the weights, feeling more giggly now with just all the cardio. Good luck. Feel free to add me !
  • Please help! I'm 5'10 155 pounds and I just look so fat! When I see other girls my height and weight they look so skinny without much fat to grab at all but I have big thighs and hips, not big bones just pure fat! Even at my lowest weight of 125 I had this fat on my legs. So why is this? Do I have like stupidly small bones or something? My silhouette looks so slim but I'm not at all, even my knees are fat. So how can I fix this? Do I need to exercise more? I hope you can understand what I mean coz I feel like the only person who can be so tall have a low weight and STILL look fat! Had to get that off my chest lol

I creep your profile

32491343_4192-1.jpg

you do not look fat