Tall, Perfect bmi but I look OBESE why!???

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies... but I know that no one outside of Hollywood (where there only job is to look perfect) has taut skin three months after having a baby.

You created another human being. Give your body time to recover.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    [/quote]

I'm going to add a picture of my stomach to show you what I mean, please be kind as I had a baby three months ago and am very self conscious but I feel like I'll only be able to get honest help if you understand what I mean by slim but fat lol
    [/quote]

3 months post-partum? Your skin will still be tightening up; so that part of the problem will likely resolve on its own.

But, yes, I also would encourage you to try lifting weights. That's the only way to get a firm body.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    You need to gain muscle.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,340 Member
    I think lifting might help, but mostly you need to tell the voices in your head to SHUT UP! :noway:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Weight loss and fat loss are 2 different things.

Welcome to skinny-fat!

Grab a gym membership and take up a powerlifting type program 3x a week.
    On those 3 days post workout eat a lot of protein and carbs.
    Like 10-20% above TDEE.
    On every other day just eat at or just below TDEE.

Youll lose the fat and hopefully gain a little lean mass.
  • Yoovie and you other girls who have posted pics you look amazing! I'm happy with all the answers but one thing, I can't afford and don't have time to join a gym so how would I go about weight training at home? What equipment do I need? All I can think of is those weights you lift with your arms which my boyfriend has so I could use them but what else?
  • *sigh* do some strength training if your 155 is all fat its gonna look different from some1 who's all or mostly muscle
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Weight loss and fat loss are 2 different things.

Welcome to skinny-fat!

Grab a gym membership and take up a powerlifting type program 3x a week.
    On those 3 days post workout eat a lot of protein and carbs.
    Like 10-20% above TDEE.
    On every other day just eat at or just below TDEE.

Youll lose the fat and hopefully gain a little lean mass.

How will she lose the fat eating above TDEE on lifting days and at TDEE on rest days? She should be eating less than that.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Yoovie and you other girls who have posted pics you look amazing! I'm happy with all the answers but one thing, I can't afford and don't have time to join a gym so how would I go about weight training at home? What equipment do I need? All I can think of is those weights you lift with your arms which my boyfriend has so I could use them but what else?

you can do this if you dont have a gym - when you get really good at it - there a next level.

it looks easy.... but baby girl this is NO JOKE.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Yoovie and you other girls who have posted pics you look amazing! I'm happy with all the answers but one thing, I can't afford and don't have time to join a gym so how would I go about weight training at home? What equipment do I need? All I can think of is those weights you lift with your arms which my boyfriend has so I could use them but what else?

You can use free weights with all kinds of moves like squats lunges etc. you need to learn correct form though.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Look up the word obese. It's like having a headache and saying you've got a brain tumour. Calm down and lift things.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    You cannot physically have skin tight to your bones unless you are starving (Holocaust victims.. those images haunt my mind)

SERIOUSLY THE MOST BS THING I HAVE READ ALL DAY

Agreed. I think that the poster of the above (not Yoovie) - needs to do some research. Hell, talk to your doctor and they'll tell you, you are wrong.

I reading it as more of a body-image problem. I don't think I've EVER said that I want my skin tight to my bones.. that wouldn't be attractive nor should it be healthy.
    Apparently I need to go research what "skin tight to my bones" means.

I think this issue goes beyond skinny-fat (and I'm not the only one who thinks that way)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Look up the word obese. It's like having a headache and saying you've got a brain tumour. Calm down and lift things.

she said she feels obese.

if someone said ughhh my head, i feel like i have a tumor - would you tell them to calm down and stop exaggerating? she didnt say I HAVE A TUMOR she said I feel like i have one. not I AM OBESE, she said she feels like it.

There are amny many many people who have lost lots of weight and still feel obese. There is no need to fuss at her. Sometimes people feel a way that they dont like and want to change it.

There is no point splicing the english language, she is just communicating the best she can.
  • Yep, I concur with everyone else who has advised strength training. You need to increase your lean muscle, which will help firm and tone your figure plus the extra muscle mass will increase your metabolism and help burn more fat. Combined with a good cardio regime, jogging, step, bike etc you'll be looking your best in no time. Probably a bit harsh to call yourself obese by the way! Everyone has a level of fat, it's essential to your body! Take BMI results with a grain of salt.. BMI and body weight is not a great indication of health and fitness. For example, if you do increase your lean muscle and decrease your body fat, the BMI scale is likely to put you in the overweight category because you WILL weigh more! Muscle weighs far more than fat.
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Do you lift weights or do any body weight exercises at all? Doing this will help to build muscle and get rid of the fat.
  • There are lots of things I want to reply to but it's 1am and I'm going to bed!. but just wanted to clear up by skin tight to bones i don't mean anorexic like, just no fat to grab. Nice and toned. I am finding it hard to express myself properly =(
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I think maybe you mean you want muscle not flab?
  • cstruiksma
    cstruiksma Posts: 3 Member
    You should try Chalene Extreme. It's a little like P90X but in no way as intense. I gained a lot of lean muscles from doing that, and tightened up a lot of my body! Great work out, and well worth the money
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member

she said she feels obese.

if someone said ughhh my head, i feel like i have a tumor - would you tell them to calm down and stop exaggerating? she didnt say I HAVE A TUMOR she said I feel like i have one. not I AM OBESE, she said she feels like it.

There are amny many many people who have lost lots of weight and still feel obese. There is no need to fuss at her. Sometimes people feel a way that they dont like and want to change it.

There is no point splicing the english language, she is just communicating the best she can.

In the title she says she looks obese. There's no need to overdramatise and that's what it was. I get that she feels fat. She's female. Fact of the matter is, she's saying in the title and in her post she's all fat, and she said she LOOKS obese. Not that she's simply feeling that way, or whatever. How do you think that makes actual obese people feel, hmm? Now I sympathise and stuff but I dislike use of clinical terms.

Edited for a typo.
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member

not cardio only

unless you want that disconnect and always wondering why you reached the magic number on the scale but you still arent at all happy with your body.

Why do people here beat up on those who do cardio only??? I only do cardio, and I am very happy with how I look; I am muscular and strong, thank you very much, plus BMI of <10.