He Deleated me????

Options
So it's my second day on this site and I met a nice older man who gave me good advice. we sent messages back and fourt yesterday. and then today out of nowhere he deletes me?

I asked why and he said nothing personal?

Is everyone on here that unsuportave?

Should I have flirted back more?

I'm a little sad about this?

Replies

• IamBlackMamba
    Options
    It seems like you may have been trolled. I don't know the exact circumstances but don't give up, there are so many great people on here. So glad you sent me a FR so far!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    MFP can be very personal at times, and very impersonal at times. I sometimes delete people out of the blue if they're not very active or supportive on the the site, because I'm pretty honest on here and don't really care to have friends who don't want to share ANYTHING about themselves beyond their username and what they eat. But that doesn't sound like the case with this person, so don't sweat it!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Flirted back? What kind of website you think this is? Lol

Just move on don't get hung up on people and focus on your weight loss/ weight gain/ fitness Journey. Best of luck and sorry you felt that attached to them, there are a lot of supportive people on here.
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    He may have been spooked by your youth and beauty. Or his wife caught him.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hah!
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

^ *shurgs* maybe
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I don't even notice who deletes me on a site like this, I am sure people have added me then deleted me, but I don't particularly care because in the end, it is the internet. Would drive myself mad if I cared who decides they don't want me on their virtual list, for whatever reason.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a misunderstanding of intentions. Perhaps you were flirting he was not.
  • youngblood_2010
    Options
    I'll pray for you during this hard time.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    So it's my second day on this site and I met a nice older man who gave me good advice. we sent messages back and fourt yesterday. and then today out of nowhere he deletes me?

Sometimes guys, especially older ones on here get hung up on hot young chicks that
    Probably wouldn't give them the time of day IRL.
    Then they get offended and butthurt if you show interest
    in anyone else. Probably an insecure, over sensitive, self absorbed old fart.
    Just move on, plenty of GOOD, sincere peeps round here
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    It sounds like a misunderstanding of intentions. Perhaps you were flirting he was not.

Not likely.....
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Bullet = dodged.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    tumblr_md3ukajyxv1qg5yy6.gif
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

Not likely.....

Was thinking the same... If anything learn from it and move on. DON'T GIVE UP!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    ouch
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    tumblr_md3ukajyxv1qg5yy6.gif

oh my goddddd. laughed way harder than I should have.

you shouldn't worry about it. I've deleted people in the past who didn't speak to me, or who had completely different goals from me. I'm sure it's nothing personal on his part.
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options

Lol I get randomly deleted by people on here all the time...don't take it personally. There's a ton of people who'd love to be your friend on this site :)
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Flirted back? What kind of website you think this is? Lol
    Hahahaha xD yes.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Damn , I wonder what would you be like after being dumped by a guy after a week of dating :bigsmile:
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Bullet = dodged.

^^This^^