15 litres of water a day. Your thoughts?

Options

Replies

• wolfehound22
    Options
    Although not advisable, I would say doing that once won't do any harm, of course I wouldn't make this a regular thing.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    5 litre water bottle - I've never seen one - except for bulk water supplies - I would be hard pressed to LIFT a bottle of 5 litres, never mind drink from it. Never mind drink three of them. Water is good but I think 15 litres (if that is what you are drinking) is excessive.

this

I think the OP has mistaken the size of his bottle

many men have this issue
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    5 litre water bottle - I've never seen one - except for bulk water supplies - I would be hard pressed to LIFT a bottle of 5 litres, never mind drink from it. Never mind drink three of them. Water is good but I think 15 litres (if that is what you are drinking) is excessive.

this

I think the OP has mistaken the size of his bottle

many men have this issue

no mistake. I bought it from the supermarket with water already in it. Said 5 litres.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    In the UK they do sell 5 litre bottles. I've used them!
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So you're carrying a ten and a half pound bottle of fluid around with you? I would think it would look kinda dumb for me to carry a gallon jug of water everywhere I go, and that's smaller than what you're talking about.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    That is really unhealthy, you will flood your blood with water mess up your electrolyte balance. If you feel thirsty get tested for diabetes and other health issues, be sure your diet contains a balance of all the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients you need. If it's just a habit but you can't break it you may have a mental health issue that needs addressing.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/14/magazine/14diagnosis-t.html?_r=0
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Who has time to think when you're in a constant state of urination?
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    are you sure your not diabetc? I used to drink that much water regularly, never could get enough. Then found out I was diabetic, now that I've got it under control, I struggle to want to drink a single glass (though I'm going to force myself today to flush that sodium bomb I had for breakfast :ugh:)

Don't be ashamed of it, it can strike anyone of any fitness/weight level. My boss is a Type 1 and is barely 100 lbs, ex-drill instructor and has been healthy her entire life.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    are you sure your not diabetc?

or maybe a fish?
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    First thought: how much is a liter? I should google this.

Second thought: holy **** batman! Thats a lot. I dont think I could ever do that. I did 200oz one day but normally aim for 100-150 ounces.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    You can die from water intoxication! Get checked for diabetes, that amt. just plain isn't normal! You don't need that much water unless something is wrong with you.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    So you're carrying a ten and a half pound bottle of fluid around with you? I would think it would look kinda dumb for me to carry a gallon jug of water everywhere I go, and that's smaller than what you're talking about.

my thoughts too (or almost exactly my thoughts) I was trying to picture this and I can't help but laugh
  • jbeverly21176
    Options
    Do you ever leave the bathroom? I drink 3 liters a day and find myself running to the bathroom. That is way to much water, I have heard your only suppose to drink half your body weight?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

^^^Excellent point! I think you may have sniffed out a troll:noway: Plus...blank profile, no info, 18 yo male.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    My thought??? um...you're lying.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    My thought??? um...you're lying.

ya...I considered that...but I have seen some WHACKY stuff here and nothing surprises me anymore
  • PilatesConvert
    PilatesConvert Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The danger lies in diluting your electrolytes (salts) down to scary low levels. To actually damage yourself you have to drink nearly intolerable levels of water every day for extended periods. Read up on it a bit. I drink about 5 liters a day and was worried for a while, but after some reading, I've realized I'm totally normal. In fact, I'm pretty healthy.

You're drinking a lot of water, don't get me wrong. But don't assume it'll kill you. Talking to your doctor isn't a bad idea, but also do some internet searching.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Good thing it's not tea or mio. You'd be sooo dehydrated.
  • bdamaster60
    Options

^^^Excellent point! I think you may have sniffed out a troll:noway: Plus...blank profile, no info, 18 yo male.

Ummm actually I do. It's not uncommon for a bodybuilder to carry around a big bottle the size of a gallon around, check out Matt Ogus youtube channel, you see his bottle is about the same size as my own in the background of his videos all the time. You guys are making rather large assumptions based on what you see as not normal behaviour? What ever, think what you'd like. Haters gonna hate.
  • bdamaster60
    Options
    I would think it would look kinda dumb for me to carry a gallon jug of water everywhere I go, and that's smaller than what you're talking about.

I am not you, I could give a rats what people think really. I can't be bothered refilling my water bottle.