15 litres of water a day. Your thoughts?

Options

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    My thoughts??

WHY the **** would you drink that much water?
    You know it is possible to actually die from consuming too much water?
    There is absolutely no reason to be consuming more than 3ish litres a day unless you are running a marathon.

Are you diabetic?

actually, my urologist wants me to aim for 4-6 liters a day...I don't run.

I'm assuming you went to the urologist for a reason -- you must have some symptoms to be referred to a urologist, and whatever condition you have may warrant drinking extra water. The 3ish liters a day is a good figure for a normal, active person with no health conditions.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    My thoughts??

WHY the **** would you drink that much water?
    You know it is possible to actually die from consuming too much water?
    There is absolutely no reason to be consuming more than 3ish litres a day unless you are running a marathon.

Are you diabetic?

actually, my urologist wants me to aim for 4-6 liters a day...I don't run.

I'm assuming you went to the urologist for a reason -- you must have some symptoms to be referred to a urologist, and whatever condition you have may warrant drinking extra water. The 3ish liters a day is a good figure for a normal, active person with no health conditions.

kidney stones...my last one was 14mm and took 2 surgeries to correct. Because I am under 40, and it was my 3rd stone, he did tests to find out why I was getting stones. I did a 48 hour urine collection...I made sure that I had my 64oz of fluid. Guess what he said? Chronic dehydration. Had to do a urine collection every 6 months until we found a fluid level that had my urine output high enough, and my mineral levels dilute enough. he was thrilled with my last test--I had 160oz (4.7L) the day I did that test.

So therefore YOU need that much fluid for a specific reason but for the general human being with no health conditions and that has not been advised otherwise 3 litres is plenty.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    the general human being does hypertrophy/strength train for 2 - 3 hours 6 days a week, cardio on the 7th day. btw the word 'general' describes a fraction of the worlds population.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    so 1 litre is 4.22 cups - I drink 4-5litres a day (15-20 cups) -- works great for me. but 15 litres in one day? I couldn't do it, and I do run.

and I see people at the gym carrying gallon jugs of water around ALL the time - and it's always the ones who look amazing & buff! soo there must be something to it.
  • bdamaster60
    Options
    so 1 litre is 4.22 cups - I drink 4-5litres a day (15-20 cups) -- works great for me. but 15 litres in one day? I couldn't do it, and I do run.

and I see people at the gym carrying gallon jugs of water around ALL the time - and it's always the ones who look amazing & buff! soo there must be something to it.

Yes!! thank you!! and really it's for convenience reasons most of the time, as you don't have to measure how much water is in it and don't have to refill it!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I hope you have a plastic fitted sheet on your bed. :flowerforyou:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I hope you have a plastic fitted sheet on your bed. :flowerforyou:
    Depends.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Big deal. Try it with milk!
  • bdamaster60
    Options

Drink what with milk?
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    ughhh. One of the best things I have done is to quit drinking water when I wasn't even thirsty, just for the sake of drinking it. I was always feeling queasy. I didn't feel better and It did NOT help with water retention or weight loss for me. I just felt like crap after chugging a big cup just because I felt like I was supposed to. But everyone is different so if you feel good doing it then go for it. But I feel nauseous just thinking about drinking that much!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    Options
    Drink what with milk?
    A slice of cake. :huh:

Actually, what I meant by "it" was drinking 15 litres in a day. Try drinking 15 litres of milk in a day.
  • bdamaster60
    Options
    I don't drink milk. Processed milk anyway. Has too much sugar plus im lactose intolerant. Milk is not water. You can not replace water with milk. The human body is not made of milk.
  • shortnerdy
    Options
    Sorry to be childish but when I read this topic I was thinking "My god that alot of trips to the loo!"
  • bdamaster60
    Options
    Sorry to be childish but when I read this topic I was thinking "My god that alot of trips to the loo!"

well that did happen :laugh:
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    Options
    I don't drink milk. Processed milk anyway. Has too much sugar plus im lactose intolerant. Milk is not water. You can not replace water with milk. The human body is not made of milk.
    It is, however, almost 90% water. My body isn't made of a lot of the things that I eat though, so what do I know?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    sad-pup.jpg
  • bdamaster60
    Options
    sad-pup.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    My thoughts: That's a lot of water.
  • bdamaster60
    Options
    It is, however, almost 90% water. My body isn't made of a lot of the things that I eat though, so what do I know?

please show me where you got this 90% number from. Highly exaggerated figure.
  • jonmico
    jonmico Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I drink a gallon and a half to two gallons a day. 15 liters might be overkill. That's like.. 4 gallons?