Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Say thank you
    move on
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Id prefer they didn't use the word Journey

^ This. MFP and Glee ruined the Journey for me...

even Steve Perry is annoyed by the overuse of Journey on this site

and the last fake compliment I heard was....
    ermahgerd....that is sooooo fetch!! \m/

Give it up! Stop trying to make the word "fetch" a thing.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lhu9x0Hqte1qahhxwo1_1280.jpg
  • notsodesperatehousewife
    Options
    Omg, I love your skirt! Where'd you get it?

hahahahahaaaha :laugh:
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Try graciously accepting the compliments without questioning them. (believe it or not, some people are actually kind and pay honest compliments) Maybe someday your attitude will change...or people will just stop saying nice things to you because you're churlish.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Id prefer they didn't use the word Journey

^ This. MFP and Glee ruined the Journey for me...

even Steve Perry is annoyed by the overuse of Journey on this site

and the last fake compliment I heard was....
    ermahgerd....that is sooooo fetch!! \m/

Give it up! Stop trying to make the word "fetch" a thing.
    It's never gonna happen???? \m/
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options

she doesn't want fake compliments! Tell her that is the ugliest effing skirt you've ever seen.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Some people always look on the bright side of things. The very fact that you are alive and mobile is a blessing and they may be happy to see you in a positive place in life. Also, Christmas time makes many of us especially pleased to see family, friends, and even acquaintances. Compliments will abound -- rightfully so.

Take compliments as sincere and work on yourself INSIDE and out.
  • jacobschwarz
    jacobschwarz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There are helpless children in Africa right now who have NO compliments... appreciate what you have!

ROTFLOL
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

hahaha
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lhu9x0Hqte1qahhxwo1_1280.jpg

LOL!!!
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    "I've noticed your hard work. Great job!" That's it.
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ha ha...I love when people ASK, "Are you losing weight?"
    That's like when someone asks, "Did you cut your hair?" after you get your hair cut.
    It's like, DUH...why don't they just say. "You look great."

If people are telling you, you look great, then I'd say it was a compliment.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    It must be frustrating to hear compliments that aren't in line with what you want to hear, in the way you want to hear them.

I tend to just ignore people altogether.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Oh dear. Someone is not a happy camper today. :huh:

happy camper

Quite literally, someone who is happy doing what they're doing, or has just had a happy experience.
    If you're not a happy camper, then you've just had a bad experience
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    09595-nom-nom-nom.gif
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    You're probably right, since you've only lost 13 lbs so far, they're probably just trying to encourage you to continue, but you probably don't look all that good, and you are definitely not shrinking away to nothing. It's a good thing you are very vocal about your weight loss and diet, otherwise no one would even notice. I know, I know, you want to be held accountable and you're not fishing for compliments when you say things like, "I can't eat that cake, I've lost 13 pounds so far and I'm going to keep on losing!" or "No, I can't go to the movies with all of you, I have to go to the gym tonight because I've lost 13 pounds and I've got to keep it up!"

You want a rant, here's a rant. People who use journey or lifestyle change when losing weight. People who constantly complain about how hard it is to lose weight or think they have to alienate everything because it might make them fat to eat a piece of pie at Christmas or Thanksgiving. People who think skipping a work out will make them fall into some kind of fat absorbing abyss. People who complain about not being noticed because they're fat, and then complain about someone noticing them because they lost weight. People who start trying to preach that this food group or that food group is evil, just because they don't like it or they read an article or watched some stupid documentary. People who go on and on about how they are special and they don't lose weight the same way the rest of the planet does, or that they have some special alien DNA that makes them gain 18 lbs of muscle because of one workout.

Take the compliments or just set the people on fire. It's really up to you how you want to handle they annoying people who want to encourage you and help you reach your goals. Heaven forbid your actually just say "Thank you" and then get on with your life.

/RANT
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    I think sometimes people compliment you, especially acquaintances, because it gives them something to say other than hi, how are? I've done that before. I would just accept it and thank them. No need to get peeved about it. Most likely they are just trying to be nice or trying to come up with some sort of conversation.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    What would I prefer to hear people say to me in my journey to a happier, healthier me?

That I'm shrinking away to nothing.

Also, telling me I look fabulous.

These things are great to hear.

*snicker*
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Anytime someone tells me I look good, I say "Thank you!". Even if it's a catty backhanded compliment.