Weird things that give you the heebee jeebies

Replies

• rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    I also hate the sound of opening a can of refridgerated biscuits, that pop seems menacing to me.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    Google Street View...it completely weirds me out. Not Google Maps, just Street View. I think it might be because almost all of the photos are without people...like after a nuclear attack.
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    When people fill up the sink with soapy water to wash dishes that haven't been rinsed off first ... all the food that floats around and tries to "get me" ... so friggin gross!! (Happened to me when I offered to wash dishes at my Aunt's house for Thanksgiving.)

I'm a little anal when it comes to washing dishes though ... I rinse and scrub every dish that goes in the dishwasher before I place them inside ... and if they DON'T go in the dishwasher, they get washed and rinsed individually ... and yes, I'm sure I'm wasting water this way but there will be NO floating bits *shiver* around my dishes damn it! :laugh:

I also scrub my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. My husband thinks I am nuts but I like to know my dishes will be clean.
  • Mayonnaise.
    When it squirts out the side of a sandwich when someone takes a bite. :sick:
    That horrific "slursh" sound the mayonnaise makes when the knife goes down into a jar of it. :frown:
    The diabolical sound of it being squirted from the squeezy tubes of it. :noway:
    The smell of it. :indifferent:

That it exists. :sad:

Also...dirty fingernails, body odor, especially mixed with perfume, dry feet snagging on the sheets, snakes, visible giblets in people's teeth. (for God's sake, floss!) "Butter teeth". Spit, seeing someone spit outside slays me. :sick: Dry teeth. The "grabby dry" feeling from frost on the outside of popsicles or frozen goodies touching my lips or tongue. :tongue:
  • DefluffinMySt Profile picture!!!
  • ynotcycle
    ynotcycle Posts: 121 Member
    think of chewing on aluminum foil
  • whitneyberra1987
    whitneyberra1987 Posts: 172 Member
    Cotton balls, Styrofoam/ packing peanuts,micro fiber cloth, forks on plate/nails on chalk board, any bodily fluids around my food (go cough or sneeze in the bathroom YUK) i hate germs around my food period!
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    I'm gonna have nightmares :'(
    Well...I gave a disclaimer. I'm sorry...it's awful. Really really awful.

I showed it my hubby and at first he was like "oh that's not that bad, it's just nature." But the more he looked at it he freaked out, so worth me getting the heebee jeebies for again lol.

Also, I can't share my dipping sauce with anyone.
    When someone blows/sniffs their nose when I am about to eat.
    Bugs, especially those with more than 6 legs (and spiders!!)
  • whitneyberra1987
    whitneyberra1987 Posts: 172 Member
    When people fill up the sink with soapy water to wash dishes that haven't been rinsed off first ... all the food that floats around and tries to "get me" ... so friggin gross!! (Happened to me when I offered to wash dishes at my Aunt's house for Thanksgiving.)

I'm a little anal when it comes to washing dishes though ... I rinse and scrub every dish that goes in the dishwasher before I place them inside ... and if they DON'T go in the dishwasher, they get washed and rinsed individually ... and yes, I'm sure I'm wasting water this way but there will be NO floating bits *shiver* around my dishes damn it! :laugh:

I also scrub my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. My husband thinks I am nuts but I like to know my dishes will be clean.

^^^^ agreed^^^
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    When you walk past someone and they have bedhead smell.
  • LuvHinesWard86
    LuvHinesWard86 Posts: 104 Member
    Loose teeth and bare feet.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Other people's hair
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    When guys massage their pecs while talking to me *shivers*
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    - busts (as in, those bodyless sculptures)
    - broken faucets
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    people with tiny teeth and the sound of pop being poured from a 2 liter bottle into a cup/glass.
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    large machines like cranes/bulldozers.

i think it was all because of a childhood fear after watching Fern Gully the cartoon.

the squeaky sound Styrofoam makes.

Papercuts.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    bump
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    The sound of people brushing their teeth, sometimes even brushing my own teeth. I'm getting the heebee jeebies just thinking about it.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Flying through clouds in an airplane
  • CJLS_5
    CJLS_5 Posts: 24 Member
    Omg I thought my sister and I were the only ones!!! I'm a nurse so it gets tricky when I need to use cotton balls on patients..im finding that latex gloves usually do the trick but the thought of them still sends shivers up my spine.