Zombie Apocalypse Fat Camp

Options
melsmith612
melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
I had an interesting idea this morning. Zombie Apocalype Fat Camp (or "Fitness Camp" if you want to be PC about it).

Imagine going to a camp (as an adult) where you are living for a week in a fabricated zombie apocalypse. Zombie dummies on tracks that come at you from different directions triggered by sensors and learning self-defense, fighting styles and how to handle different weapons as your workout against the zombie dummies - all while eating rationed food supplies and living without power, hot water, etc.

What do you think? Million dollar idea? Or lawsuit waiting to happen?

I just thought it'd be fun to share this crazy idea with everyone... especially since even the CDC has used the idea of a zombie apocalypse as a learning tool... why not a weight loss tool?

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I would go.
    And if it were for kids, I would have children for the sole purpose of sending them
  • J_Kohler_2
    J_Kohler_2 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing! Let me know when and where to sign up!
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would definitely go!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    absolutely brilliant.

http://www.odditycentral.com/funny/learn-to-fight-zombies-at-real-life-zombie-boot-camp.html

That's close, but not the same concept that you've got going there. Sign me up!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea.

But I think you need to throw in some regular people dressed like zombies too. To make it more realistic :)

Edit - Whoops! You already said what I suggested.
  • brujahqueen
    brujahqueen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would go, it sounds awesome.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I would go for sure!!! Cardio & the double tap!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    There is a 5K run www.runforyourlives.com
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Recipe for low self esteem. I'd become a zombie within moments of joining the camp and then I'd be sad all week for being such a loser.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    That's kind of..um...

ABSOLUTELY F'ING BRILLIANT!!

And the hell with cardboard cut outs of zombies on tracks. You just get a few real live folks to be zombies. Like in Run For Your Lives.

The "weapons" survivors can find and use would all be rigged with LED sensors.. zombies wear a receptor on their heads so you know if you got a kill shot or not.

Not like you have to provide great amenities for people. They'll be holed up in a shack trying to survive on rations. No room service here.

I'm gonna be thinking about this. Lots.
  • melsmith612
    Options
    Awesome idea.

But I think you need to throw in some regular people dressed like zombies too. To make it more realistic :)

Edit - Whoops! You already said what I suggested.

I thought about the real people dressed as zombies thing... but that would make it impossible to have an edge on any of the swords/axes and stuff that people would be able to find throughout the camp for their workout/fighting.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    aka All You Can Eat Buffet for Zombies
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Losers!

Where do I sign up?? :D
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Please put me on the mailing list for this. :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    That's kind of..um...

And the hell with cardboard cut outs of zombies on tracks. You just get a few real live folks to be zombies. Like in Run For Your Lives.

The "weapons" survivors can find and use would all be rigged with LED sensors.. zombies wear a receptor on their heads so you know if you got a kill shot or not.

Not like you have to provide great amenities for people. They'll be holed up in a shack trying to survive on rations. No room service here.

yeah!!! no cardboards...I'd figure that out and then I wouldn't be motivated by fear...

make them as real as possible...and i'd be running my *kitten* off....and screaming and well...just LOVIN it...
  • ARHx0
    ARHx0 Posts: 32
    Options
    Well they have zombie runs, and they look like fun.

This would be super fun too :)
  • melsmith612
    Options
    That's kind of..um...

A sort of laser tag system for the "kills"... also a great idea! Although, part of the "workout" I was imagining would have been carrying real weapons (i.e. heavy!) so that the fighting skills would be more realistic. But having it on a laser type sensor would definitely open up the possibility of having "real" zombies and therefore putting more people to work... which I like.

Another shoot off of that idea would be using paintball guns... but somehow in my mind I think it seems more satisfying to be able to decapitate a dummy zombie with a real machete.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Great idea! As long as there were lessons on nutrition and what not so people learned how to implement these things in their daily lives when they left the camp. But stuff like paint balling, kickboxing, etc, are great forms of exercise.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    OH MAH GAWD!!!!!!! I now want to go to this imaginary camp! That would be so damn fun!